Razer Deathadder Black Edition

BababooeyHTJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, yes the deathadder is already black but the black edition finally has different non-slippery sides. That to me is the perfect mouse.

I picked one up. If anyone else decides to do the same here are a couple of coupon codes.

Coupon codes:
RZRFRSH1PUS - Free Shipping
RZH1GHF1V3 - $5 Off

man.... so tempted.... remedies my only gripe about my da.

Yep thats exactly how I feel. I hate having to constantly clean my deathadder with rubbing alcohol. Other than that I love that mouse. I can't wait to try this new version out. I'm just hoping that the new sensor performs as well as my 3g da.

Last edited:
Thanks for the coupons. When I got into PC gaming I got the original lower dpi. Had it for awhile till I got a Lachesis 4000 dpi. Time for a new mouse and the DA BE looks perfect for me.

Looks nice! Got one ordered, thanks a lot for the coupon codes!

Thanks for the coupons. Been thinking about picking one of these up and now I will.

So this wasnt limited to a "press" run of 1337 units. I personally dont mind the glossy but this will make ALOT of people happy.

I'm still rocking the original 1800DPI version, gonna stick with it until it dies or I find a good deal on another mouse.

So this wasnt limited to a "press" run of 1337 units. I personally dont mind the glossy but this will make ALOT of people happy.

That was the signature edition, this is the Black edition. ;)
I'm still rocking the original 1800DPI version, gonna stick with it until it dies or I find a good deal on another mouse.

I'm still using the original as well. They finally found a way to make me upgrade.

It's great they finally fixed this, I'll probably pick one up. However, I think this was planned to some degree. They had to have picked up this issue while testing the design and shape of the DA.

Ordered it on Monday night and it arrived this morning. Fast shipping. Opened up the box. Feels good. Will have it up and on the firing range ASAP.

It's great they finally fixed this, I'll probably pick one up. However, I think this was planned to some degree. They had to have picked up this issue while testing the design and shape of the DA.

Just like they did with the Jitter on their other 3.5g's...

I think they are listening to the community, many reasons for not getting this mouse was because a lot of people hated the glossy sides, smart move by them, but I will wait on this until I see the price come down even more when it's for sale on newegg or something like that...

I'm still using the original 1800dpi mac edition. Love it, and don't mind the gloss, and have never had to clean it. Actually the gloss matched the gloss on the lcd of my g510 keyboard. The black edition is sweeeeet, but I feel like if/when I upgrade, I'll get the regular DA, cuz I just loved the blue glow so much!

Let me know how that Black Edition works out. I definitely have my eye on it...

I'm still using the original 1800dpi mac edition. Love it, and don't mind the gloss, and have never had to clean it. Actually the gloss matched the gloss on the lcd of my g510 keyboard. The black edition is sweeeeet, but I feel like if/when I upgrade, I'll get the regular DA, cuz I just loved the blue glow so much!

so the new one has no blue?

Hmm.. this was one of 2 reasons I put my DA away long ago, that and the mouse getting warm.

Do the 3500dpi versions heat up? My 1800dpi would get uncomfortably warm.

Hmm.. this was one of 2 reasons I put my DA away long ago, that and the mouse getting warm.

Do the 3500dpi versions heat up? My 1800dpi would get uncomfortably warm.

Mine doesn't, looks like you should've rma'd instead.

Tried it out on my notebook. Feels great. Very smooth and precise. Liking it so far. I will be giving it a run on my desktop in UT3 in about an hour.

Is the Deathadder bigger than the G500?

I have fairly large hands, I have a G500 right now and while I love its features I really wish it was just physically larger than it is.

If it's bigger this one sounds like a good option for me.

I have fairly large hands, I have a G500 right now and while I love its features I really wish it was just physically larger than it is.

Not sure.

It's bigger than lachesis. Very comfortable.

Not sure, I have never had a G500, but my roommate has the mx518 which I believe is the same size at the G500, and my DA is definitely bigger, and far more comfortable in my hand.

Not sure, I have never had a G500, but my roommate has the mx518 which I believe is the same size at the G500, and my DA is definitely bigger, and far more comfortable in my hand.

I have an old MX518 in my laptop bag and if it's not identical in size to the G500 it's very, very close.

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully I can find the Black Edition of the DA in stock somewhere.

Both the MX518 and DA are similar in form, honestly. The biggest difference in between them is I find my 2 right fingers rest on the side of the mouse on the DA, but only my pinky rests on the side of the mouse on the MX518. As to which is more comfortable...it's a toss up. My DA had the superior thumb buttons...at least until the spring gave out and now the front thumb button sticks constantly.

Ordered it on Monday night and it arrived this morning. Fast shipping. Opened up the box. Feels good. Will have it up and on the firing range ASAP.

Bastard, I ordered one on Friday and I won't see it until Monday. :p

I got mixed up for a second and thought they were releasing a Blackwidow keyboard with Cherry black switches. ;) How cool would that be?

If this thing was about 24% bigger, I think it would be about perfect. As is, its a little small for my hands. My fingers hang off the ends of the buttons. On the other hand, I am a very large guy (almost 7 feet tall) so this won't bother most people.

If this thing was about 24% bigger, I think it would be about perfect. As is, its a little small for my hands. My fingers hang off the ends of the buttons. On the other hand, I am a very large guy (almost 7 feet tall) so this won't bother most people.

The mamba might be a better choice for you, my friend has the death adder and my mamaba is definitely a little bigger

If you want a really big mouse, the Microsoft Sidewinder X8 is probably your best bet.

The death adder was nice. But built like crap. Died in under a year from the multiclick of death syndrome that seems to plague razer products.

After two mice and two shitty CS experiences, never again.

Damn good mouse while it worked though :(

The death adder was nice. But built like crap. Died in under a year from the multiclick of death syndrome that seems to plague razer products.

After two mice and two shitty CS experiences, never again.

Damn good mouse while it worked though :(

My deathadder has been great to me. So far it's outlasted both my steelseries Ikari and microsoft sidewinder.

If you want shitty customer service steelseries is the worst. I just bought a keyboard through their store and the one that they sent me was defective. I need to file a paypal claim to get it resolved. They also screwed me on the Ikari RMA.

I'll be honest I prefer the grip on my original deathadder. These new sides are even more slick than the glossy plastic.

I'll be honest I prefer the grip on my original deathadder. These new sides are even more slick than the glossy plastic.

Really?? How is that?? The DA I have now has the slippery slimey glossy sides. Even washing your hands before using doesnt prevent this. So your saying the new Black Edition with rubber sides is worse?? I just dont get it :/

Really?? How is that?? The DA I have now has the slippery slimey glossy sides. Even washing your hands before using doesnt prevent this. So your saying the new Black Edition with rubber sides is worse?? I just dont get it :/

As long as I wash the sides of the original DA with rubbing alchol every once in a while I can get a really good grip on it. With these new sides even that doesn't seem to help.

Edit: I just rubbed the sides of the mouse with some 1500 grit sandpaper and now the grip is perfect.

Last edited:
Finally received mine today. So far I love it! The sides of the new model feel so much better than the slick / greasy feeling sides of the original. They aren't as rubbery as I expected, more like the feel of the top of the mouse on the original, but still a gigantic improvement in the overall feel. Highly recommended!

Are there side by side pictures of the Mamba and any of the Logitech mice around, or maybe of it side by side with the DeathAdder? I found plenty of G5/Deathadder pics, so I have an idea on the size difference there, but can't find diddly about the Mamba.

My google-fu is failing me.

Back