Razer Copperhead - How are you supposed to hold it?

jpinard

Limp Gawd
I'm a little perplexed by this mouse. I just returned the Logitech G5 Laser Gaming mouse... the wheel was fricking awful (though the mouse was comfortable). I like the Copperhead (I had the Diamondback as well), but the wheel placement is weird. It's so far forward I"m not sure how you're supposed to use the mouse. DId they entend you hand blanket the mouse with 3 fingers draped over the end? or do you use it split fingered like normal, with your pinky dragging on the mosepad?

I hold it with three fingers over the edges and two in position over the big buttons.

It is not a full hand mouse and should not be treated as such. :)

ehh, you and your guys super expensive mouses, im still using a mx310, which is light and really comfortable, its lasted me for the past couple years and i dont know when im gonna upgrade to a newer mouse. The combo with the 310 and func1030 is unstoppable

BBA said:
I hold it with three fingers over the edges and two in position over the big buttons.

It is not a full hand mouse and should not be treated as such. :)

You have 5 fingers PLUS a thumb?! I'm having trouble picturing that. Over the edges... do you mean hanging off the right hand side of the mouse?

jpinard said:
I'm a little perplexed by this mouse. I just returned the Logitech G5 Laser Gaming mouse... the wheel was fricking awful (though the mouse was comfortable). I like the Copperhead (I had the Diamondback as well), but the wheel placement is weird. It's so far forward I"m not sure how you're supposed to use the mouse. DId they entend you hand blanket the mouse with 3 fingers draped over the end? or do you use it split fingered like normal, with your pinky dragging on the mosepad?

i agree with you. i just received my copperhead today. i find it difficult to hold as well. the scroll button is set further up than my mx310. i also find that i keep hitting the sensitivity button when gaming. it's too bad logitech does not care about left handed gamers.

Thumb on left glow pipe
Index on MB1
Middle on Scroll wheel
Ring on MB2
Pinky on right glow pipe

Thats the way Razer suggest holding it and I actually find it to be more comforatble and accurate than my G5 on my other PC. It takes a week or two to get used to but once you do its hard to go back.

i just packed mine up to return to newegg. i don't think i'm ready for copperhead. *sigh*

Bop said:
Thumb on left glow pipe
Index on MB1
Middle on Scroll wheel
Ring on MB2
Pinky on right glow pipe

Thats the way Razer suggest holding it and I actually find it to be more comforatble and accurate than my G5 on my other PC. It takes a week or two to get used to but once you do its hard to go back.

Except my ring finger is on the right glow pipe and if I want to use the wheel I use the index. My pinky just kind of hangs.

Face it...if you have little girly hands...you neeed the Logitech mouse. :D

It sounds like your Pinky is your Parking Brake. That used to work for me too. That way I could Glide and use my pinky to stop on a dime. :p

bmartin said:
It sounds like your Pinky is your Parking Brake. That used to work for me too. That way I could Glide and use my pinky to stop on a dime. :p

...never realized I was doing that but I think your right. :D

lodingi said:
is razer the only company that makes a laser gaming mouse for lefties?
logitech will be coming out with the MX610, which is laser mouse and is shaped for left handed users.

ChingChang said:
logitech will be coming out with the MX610, which is laser mouse and is shaped for left handed users.

would you happen to know when it will be available?

from the press release:
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech MX610 Left-Hand Laser Cordless Mouse will be available worldwide beginning in early April. Its suggested retail price in the U.S. is $59.99.
MSRP is $60, but newegg is selling the right handed version for $43, with $20 MIR, so it should be around that price if purchased online..

I'm trying different hand positions. I've kind of found one I like (I'm right handed), where my thumb is parked in the groove between the glow bar the the thumb button... then my index finger is on MB1, middle finger is on MB2, and pinky trails on mouse pad. My ring finger is kinda on the other glow bar. The damn mouse weheel is just oo far back. This mouse is perfect if only the mouse wheel were closer (yes I'm 36 and have small hands).

I took the Logitech G5 Laser mouse back - I thought the wheel on that was atroscious. Horrible for gaming. So my fav 2 mice are this copperhead and the Logitech Gaming Mouse MX518. I also hated the G5 textureing... I love the feel of the Copperhead. What I don't like about Razer is theyir shitty support. Iv'e sent e-mails to every damn department with no response... not even an auto-response. In addition their support site is (when it's up) terribly slow.

What didn't you like about the G5 wheel? I haven't used a G5, but it is the same design as the MX700 and that one was very good.

Is it just too hard to spin or something?

ChingChang said:

are they offering a corded version?

I'm not sure, they didn't mention it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they made a left handed MX5xx or G5.

ChingChang said:
I'm not sure, they didn't mention it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they made a left handed MX5xx or G5.

funny you say that. check this out Logitech MX610 lefty

it's what i've been waiting for.......unfortunately it wireless which concerns me. :(

depends who makes em :) Logitech wireless mice are great, if you don't have any interference (CRT monitor for example) next to your reciever. I can't tell the difference between using my MX1000 and my roommates MX518 mouse, other than the weight difference and MX1000 being able to move around more freely since it isn't attached to a wire. I play fast paced shooters and I'm never going back to wired as long as logitech is releasing quality products...

some people complain about wireless mice being too heavy. One of my friends got the MX1000 and ended up giving it to his sister and just using the MX518 because the MX1000 was too heavy for him. Maybe cause he has lower sensitivity so he has to move it more, I dunno. Mine is very sensitive, I only have to move it about an inch to get from one end of my monitor to the other.

ChingChang said:
depends who makes em :) Logitech wireless mice are great, if you don't have any interference (CRT monitor for example) next to your reciever. I can't tell the difference between using my MX1000 and my roommates MX518 mouse, other than the weight difference and MX1000 being able to move around more freely since it isn't attached to a wire. I play fast paced shooters and I'm never going back to wired as long as logitech is releasing quality products...

some people complain about wireless mice being too heavy. One of my friends got the MX1000 and ended up giving it to his sister and just using the MX518 because the MX1000 was too heavy for him. Maybe cause he has lower sensitivity so he has to move it more, I dunno. Mine is very sensitive, I only have to move it about an inch to get from one end of my monitor to the other.

thanks for the info. i do have a 22" crt monitor so i guess placement is key?

Yeah I used to put the reciever around a foot away from my 17" CRT when I used the MX700. Did not have any interference problems when it was not next to the monitor.

ChingChang said:
What didn't you like about the G5 wheel? I haven't used a G5, but it is the same design as the MX700 and that one was very good.

Is it just too hard to spin or something?

The clicks are soft and squishy and don't always register properly. There is a dead spot on the wheel in addition to it requiring an inordinate amount of force to press down.

Back