Razer Blade 14" gaming laptop is a bust!

StryderxX

[H]ard|Gawd
I was really hoping that Razer would do the right thing with their new 14" gaming laptop but they cheaped out on the damn display... those fuckers! :mad:

Anandtech 14" Razer Blade review

I guess my search for a truly portable gaming notebook continues.

I saw this and I am really disappointed. It would easily be worth another $100-$200 just for a better panel. What a freaking shame. This would have upstaged the Retina Macbook Pro if Razer had gotten their shit together.

You might need to wait for the clevo 13"

i knew this thing was going to be crap from the start.

like razer... really?
what kind of half-ass, conglomerated group's anus did this project fall from? Razer's!

wth kind of pedigree do they have except some fancy logo and good marketing?
their products are remnant of other company's products with a new face-lifts and re-packaging.

its kind of like audi without the engineers and the overwhelming amount of know-how thats included in automotive mergers.

they are taking parts and concepts from other, or actual developers who did the R & D, and just throwing things together to make a laptop. long behold they jipped the buyer on a viewing port
(one of the biggest selling points in a laptop, considering nearly 50% of its physical build is centered around it).

insufficient cooling is a testament to a failed design. its like saying ur car wont overheat as long as u don't close ur hood. a laptop is gonna be used on someones lap for christ's sake.

i can go on and on about this.
i hope razer goes under as i presume it will.
i truly believe it was made to shell out overproduced items. create, or capitalize, on a sector of a market that increasingly has new areas to exploit. this being the middle of the group of consumers of electronics.

goodness ranted too long.

Woah, hoping a company goes under is a bit extreme, how about hope they learn their lessons and improve on the design instead.

Hating a company is almost as bad as being a fanboy.

Based on the reviews from multiple sites all Razer has to do is swap out that horrendous 1600x900 TN panel with either a higher quality TN or a IPS display. Whoever made the decision to build a premium $1800 gaming laptop and slap that shit display on it should be fired immediately!

Razer blade looks so clean and nice... But it's not worth the money for the specs etc... Really love the design / look though

Buying a razer blade is like buying a Mac Pro haha they always behind on their graphic cards

Back