Razer Announces Lancehead Gaming Mice with "World's Most Precise" Sensor

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Razer has two new mice: the Lancehead (wireless) and Lancehead Tournament Edition. Specifications suggest that the wireless version may be pretty good for competitive gaming, too: “Adaptive Frequency Technology” automatically switches to the strongest frequency available within its 2.4 Ghz band for lag-free mouse movement, and it uses a 16,000DPI sensor that is supposedly the most accurate on the planet. These will run you $139.99 and $79.99, respectively.

Razer’s advanced AFT wireless technology ensures industry-leading transmission stability by not only syncing data reporting perfectly between the mouse and the user’s system, but also connecting to the strongest interference-free frequencies within the 2.4 GHz band and adaptively hopping only when necessary. The result is lag-free data transmission between the Razer Lancehead and PC that outperforms every other wireless gaming mouse. The 5G laser sensor in the Razer Lancehead offers true 16,000 DPI, 210 inches-per-second (IPS) tracking and 50 G acceleration. When speed and accuracy make the difference between winning or losing, the Razer Lancehead presents players with an unequivocal advantage.

For those who have money to waste on an "edge" that is not physically noticeable.

Does it do anything better than a Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum? Can't tell it's wireless at any time, aside from the lack of a wire of course.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Sorta a red flag to me when the wireless and wired editions use different sensors
Wireless Up to 210 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
Wired Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration

Last edited:
meh
It might be 16K DPI, but it's still a laser sensor not optical

The mamba TE is a very nice mouse for my hand. I stopped using Razer for Roccat. I may flipflop and go back. I don't trust wireless mouse battery life and the price of the mouse. It ends up being a lie.

Sweet. I've been rocking my Mamba for seven years now, I could use an upgrade. Hope the Lancehead serves me as well as it has, it's been a damn good mouse.

I've never noticed lag with good wireless mice.

I have noticed batteries dying at the worst possible times. If I have to plug a charging wire in to play, I may as well get a wired mouse.

i have the razer mamba and their battery life sucks!

microsoft sidewinder x8 battery life was so much better too bad I broke it by spilling soda on it.

the logitech mx series battery life is also great. but never got a logitech wireless gaming mouse yet. I think i will do that next because microsoft stop selling their wireless gaming mouse that was great.

I've heard the Razor mice don't last long?
I've used both Razer and Logitech mice. My Razer mice lasted longer than my Logitech mice ever did. It is a shame that their software requires you to create a Razer account for pretty much no reason at all (though the cloud storage for macros/profiles is pretty handy, TBH)

Sorta a red flag to me when the wireless and wired editions use different sensors
Wireless Up to 210 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
Wired Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration

Razer Lancehead = Wireless + Laser Sensor ($139.99)
Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition = Wired + Optical Sensor ($79.99)

Both are marketed as 16k DPI. There are major differences between the two though (other than price).

I'm happy with my Deathadder Chroma I got on a Target deal for 29 bucks. I'll use it until it breaks.

I just want a mouse for big ass hands. You know what they say about big hands.....

On subject though. I have a Rat 7 with the expansion bits maxed out. These any larger?

Is there any place you guys go to test mice before you buy them? I'm in LA and the only place that I can think of is Best Buy, but they keep their PC section is such crappy condition that the products on display are often horribly damaged. I'm interested in testing the Lancehead, but don't want to throw down money for something I'm going to hate.

Back