Raytracing and Mesh Shader Tests...

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
For some reason, I'm unable to test these two benchmarks in 3DMark.

This is for my brand new EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra...

For Raytracing, it says:

! Your PC is unable to run this test
-----------------------------------------------
You need Windows 10, 64-bit with the May 2020 Update (version 2004) to run this test.

You need a graphics card with drivers that support DirectX Raytracing Tier 1.1 to run this test.

For Mesh Shader, it says:

! Your PC is unable to run this test
-----------------------------------------------
You need Windows 10, 64-bit with the May 2020 Update (version 2004) to run this test.

You need a graphics card with drivers that support mesh shaders to run this test.

Some posts on the web say to uninstall the current video card driver and reinstall the latest one. Done that. I'm on the latest Windows (64-bit) update as well. Still no go.

Any ideas?

Exactly what version of Windows 10 are you running? Press the Windows key in the taskbar, type winver and run that. Take a screenshot of the window that pops up and post it here.

Exactly what version of Windows 10 are you running? Press the Windows key in the taskbar, type winver and run that. Take a screenshot of the window that pops up and post it here.
No screenshot, but it says Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440)

No screenshot, but it says Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440)
You need to update your version of Windows. If you were on 2004 it would say "Version 2004 (19041.207)." The WDM and DirectX version included in 1909 does not support ray tracing or mesh shading.

You need to update your version of Windows. If you were on 2004 it would say "Version 2004 (19041.207)." The WDM and DirectX version included in 1909 does not support ray tracing or mesh shading.
Oh...I thought the updates do that for all updates. Will update.

One time after an update, my PC acted really weird, like someone was controlling my PC. Upon launching a web browser, weird characters would be typed on my URL line automatically. I got completely freaked out I thought someone had gotten a control of my PC. I reset my PC and did a Restore or Uninstall of Windows to get everything to work again. I got scared so now I usually don't allow Windows to do updates anymore.

One time after an update, my PC acted really weird, like someone was controlling my PC. Upon launching a web browser, weird characters would be typed on my URL line automatically. I got completely freaked out I thought someone had gotten a control of my PC. I reset my PC and did a Restore or Uninstall of Windows to get everything to work again. I got scared so now I usually don't allow Windows to do updates anymore.
You had a virus. Windows updates don't cause that.

Back