Raymond is blowing up the Animal Crossing villager black market

erek

[H]F Junkie
This game gets more interesting everyday!! Hmm !!!

"Scams are everywhere, really. On social media, it’s common to see “giveaways” where accounts promise dreamies like Raymond, popular furniture sets, and millions of bells — all for a simple follow.

For those unwilling to take a chance with strangers, or become a cutthroat capitalist, however, the market for Raymond may prove impossible. One Raymond hopeful speaking to Polygon over Discord started the day looking for the smug cat, only to give up the search hours later, once it became clear they couldn’t afford him.

“I stopped looking for Raymond because the price was very high,” Animal Crossing player Dragonoeede told Polygon. “I don’t know why people over-prize him that much. He doesn’t have anything more special than the other villagers.”"

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/22/2...ing-raymond-nmt-bells-nintendo-switch-discord

Wow, this animal crossing thing really is something, huh?

It's like a completely different language!

Reactions: erek
like this
Are there some kids that need to get off your lawn?

Nope, to each their own. I'm just amazed by how every time this game comes up, I try to read the article, and I wind up having to read it multiple times to try to make out what they are talking about. The words just don't make sense in the order they appear. Total word salad. And then I remember, oh right, this happened last time! Never happens with any other title.

So let me see if I got this straight. There is a really popular character named Raymond, who is a cat, and everyone wants him, right? And you can buy him, but not with money. You need something called "nook miles tickets" and bells?

I mean, every fandom has it's own lore, but this particular one stands out as an outlier in its absolute randomness.

So let me see if I got this straight. There is a really popular character named Raymond, who is a cat, and everyone wants him, right? And you can buy him, but not with money. You need something called "nook miles tickets" and bells?

Yeah. He's a cat and his eyes are different colors. Also, trading him for lots of in-game money is difficult because sometimes he'll just leave your island, so you have to trap him, as I understand it.

Plus, I assume there are the usual worries about someone ripping you off.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Are you sure that's not just because you're reading Polygon?

Could be I guess. I don't think I make it to that site particularly often.

Yeah. He's a cat and his eyes are different colors. Also, trading him for lots of in-game money is difficult because sometimes he'll just leave your island, so you have to trap him, as I understand it.

Interesting.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I bought this game for my switch. I don't get the appeal. It's a massive chore. I should have looked into it more instead of buying into the hype. I don't care about making a video game island look cool. I get zero satisfaction from that. And that's the whole point of the game, make your island look cool. It's a chick game like farmville.

I got caught up with this the first time they did it with tulips. But at least then I had something to show for the expense.

STILL waiting for this one:
1587646047161.png

So in this new game you have to use Nookie for Raymond? (Or something like that... :unsure:)

My four year old plays this, he calls it the "cleaning up game" all I ever see is him picking up leaves

Back