"Ray Tracing Just Works"

DLSS 2.0 is almost a bigger deal than ray-tracing. Them together is a potent mix.

Yes, AMD needs something. Hopefully they can figure out how to make it work for all games, that would be huge.

This looks very nice!

I'd like to see something compelling from both sides for GPUs.

Well as predicted, DLSS 2.0 in cyberpunk. AMD better have a DLSS 2.0 equivalent for RDNA 2 on day 1 of release else there would be zero reason to buy AMD over NVIDIA. Nvidia software ecosystem is already light years ahead with nvenc for streaming/encoding, filters, shadow play, CUDA etc and now DLSS 2.0 which is a huge game changer.

I’ve got $ ready and waiting for the 3090 on day one release, can’t wait.

I would imagine that AMD are going to use Direct ML. How well it works remains to be seen.

AMD hasnt shown much as of late so not much point in speculating on their upcoming tech.

As much as there was complaints, issues and what not with Nvidia's first line of RTX cards and early DLSS its going to pay off as they are turning in to household names and are here to stay.

Really looking forward to how the final DLSS implementation works out for CP2077 and what performance people will get from various tiers of RTX2k series cards.

Well as predicted, DLSS 2.0 in cyberpunk. AMD better have a DLSS 2.0 equivalent for RDNA 2 on day 1 of release else there would be zero reason to buy AMD over NVIDIA. Nvidia software ecosystem is already light years ahead with nvenc for streaming/encoding, filters, shadow play, CUDA etc and now DLSS 2.0 which is a huge game changer.

I’ve got $ ready and waiting for the 3090 on day one release, can’t wait.
Only thing on that list of actual relevance to normal gaming is dlss. And have they got it working yet outside of rail shooters and non open world games?

Only thing on that list of actual relevance to normal gaming is dlss. And have they got it working yet outside of rail shooters and non open world games?

Wrong, as a gamer I use NVIDIA filters in warzone everyday. I also use shadowplay to record all footage and nvenc with obs when I stream. Gamers do much more now than just look for raw FPS when spending top $ on cards. I also forgot to mention RTX voice beta which a lot of Nvidia owners I know are using now with discord because it blows away everything else in quality. AMD is very behind in offering these sorts of value add on software.

AMD hasnt shown much as of late so not much point in speculating on their upcoming tech.

As much as there was complaints, issues and what not with Nvidia's first line of RTX cards and early DLSS its going to pay off as they are turning in to household names and are here to stay.

Really looking forward to how the final DLSS implementation works out for CP2077 and what performance people will get from various tiers of RTX2k series cards.
I can tell you that in Mechwarrior 5 & Control DLSS 2.0 is amazing. There is zero visual quality loss, free very good AA, and you nearly double FPS.

I wish more games used it. It's an absolute game changer and IMO for me is a bigger deal than raytracing.

Totally agree. Ray Tracing is pretty intriguing and shows some promise but DLSS is a game changer now and also hoping for more games that support it.

Yep. DLSS 2.0 in Control makes 720P somehow look as good (or better in some cases) than native 1080P.

Practically no visual quality loss, and almost double the performance. It's a great deal.

Even so, I still was just on the line of 90 FPS at 2560x1080 RT max, other settings medium, DLSS 2.0.

It was a great experience, one of the best ever, but also slightly disappointing to pay $1,200 to play a new game on 1080P medium settings. :mad:

Still worth it, though. Without DLSS I was getting in the 55 FPS range, which would have been unacceptable, so it saved the day.

Yep. DLSS 2.0 in Control makes 720P somehow look as good (or better in some cases) than native 1080P.

Practically no visual quality loss, and almost double the performance. It's a great deal.

Even so, I still was just on the line of 90 FPS at 2560x1080 RT max, other settings medium, DLSS 2.0.

It was a great experience, one of the best ever, but also slightly disappointing to pay $1,200 to play a new game on 1080P medium settings. :mad:

Still worth it, though. Without DLSS I was getting in the 55 FPS range, which would have been unacceptable, so it saved the day.
Cyberpunk 2077 game play reviews are saying 1080p over 60fps with 2080 Ti, extraordinary visuals and complexity. Awesome game play. The YouTube videos are jaw dropping, I can only imagine live. I would pretty much bet that next Gen Nvidia and maybe AMD will be able to up that to 1440p with over 60fps. I may not have to get another monitor if enough ray tracing games are available. Do wish it was 3440x1440p at 144hz though. CDProject is blowing this game out of the water and it has several more months of fine tuning to go.

Wrong, as a gamer I use NVIDIA filters in warzone everyday. I also use shadowplay to record all footage and nvenc with obs when I stream. Gamers do much more now than just look for raw FPS when spending top $ on cards. I also forgot to mention RTX voice beta which a lot of Nvidia owners I know are using now with discord because it blows away everything else in quality. AMD is very behind in offering these sorts of value add on software.
Good point, I don't have any use for those personally, as I play SP, don't stream and I'd say a majority of people are in that category (aside from RTX voice), as more people play online - I too have heard good things and would love to try it.
Shaders I have only run into with mods.
Honestly though if I do a new rig I'll be looking for max graphics HP and may even go back to team green for a while till AMD has something equivalent. Would be first time since... Ti4600 or TNT2 in a personal box, resale of current gen is easy if you aren't leaving it too late.

Back