Raunchy Dance Routine a PR Nightmare for Microsoft

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Now if you think Microsoft is a stodgy straight-laced old school company, their latest pre-presentation dance routine in Norway may just have you rethinking that opinion. Maybe the stodgy description would apply to the Redmond crew, but not so for their Norwegian counterparts: they know how to throw down and par-tay. :D

“This week’s Norwegian Developer’s Conference included a skit that involved inappropriate and offensive elements and vulgar language. We apologize to our customers and our partners and are actively looking into the matter.”

I'm extremely disappointed, I sat through 3 minutes of a "techno" routine shot with a shitty camera phone that couldn't pick up the colors correctly (Or maybe they did), and i was waiting for the Raunchy Dance Routine to start... and it never did.

They said LSD, and XTC, oooh so raunchy! And they also said "micro or soft don't apply to my penis (or vagina)" which makes me want to bitchslap the prude who wrote that article saying this is raunchy. I was waiting for those sweaters they were wearing to pop off and you see girls with big titties and little Norweigian flags or something on them!

Yeah. Nothing wrong there. Also, that *IS* pretty tame by nordic standards. ;)

If this causes a "PR nightmare", then Americans are more mentally under-developed than I previously thought.

I can personally verify that those nordic kids party their asses off.

What was the fuss about again?

Dangit! I always read these type of stories after they've already taken down the good stuff. Does anyone still have a link to the raunchy version?

Nothing wrong with some snu snu.

21808751.jpg

I wonder if the article author would also be offended by all the "topless women" in sub-Saharan Africa?

I think it's time for the author to move out of Utah, and into the 21st century

This line about "Micro" and "Soft" has been around the world for a long time. This is nothing unusual for Nordic culture. Those who criticize this are either 1. they are so "pure" that they feel ashame saying the word penis or vagina 2. those who would criticize Microsoft at any opportunity. 3. bad journalists.

Glad to see most here don't see this as a big deal. Geez, people are too fucking uptight.

OMG! Women in shorts were dancing! Top it off with the word penis and it's tantamount to a veritable orgy onstage. Horrible, simply horrible.

o_O

This is embarrassing, but only because any sort of dance number like this is going to be embarrassing. (Also, .sig material)

... I wonder if people are calling that a "public relations nightmare" for Microsoft in order to make the word nightmare convey less terror or horror when Windows 8 hits.

Saw the word raunchy, turned on my non work computer.

Not only was I terribly disappointed, but it was a complete waste powering up another computer expecting nsfw.

Loved it. If they had conferences in the USA like that, I'd visit a whole lot more of them. All of them here are too dry and boring. You want people to talk about your product, get them talking about the conference. Get their attention from the get-go. Do stuff like this.

I fully support this stuff. I find nothing vulgar or raunchy at all. Being it to the US, and I can guarantee there will be a lot of heat against it, but it will bring in a lot more attendees and more support in the end.

The feminazi's and the extreme religious whackos are lighting up twitter.
I found what I have seen of the video embarrassing, like Jerry Springer embarrassing.
Whatever, this "journalist" is just looking for hits, and hoping he can claim to be the first to break news of the "scandal". Not much of a scandal if you ask me. Just more of the same convention behavior we have always had.

Let the local Microsoft branch handle the PR, they know then Demographic of their region better than outsiders.

WTF? That was pretty tame. hip hop stations play stuff much much "worse"

I don't see anything wrong. Wish the girls weren't wearing hoodies, just bikini tops.

Hate to jump on the bandwagon here but I've seen worse than that at pretty much every company function I've ever been to.

I can personally verify that those nordic kids party their asses off.
Some might, but those weren't. I didn't see one person caring one sh$% about the "entertainment". They were all just standing there like "wtf?"

Americans...its fine to show violence to the kids, but if there is any nudity or women acting crazily its immediately censored and called a bad influenced.

Wait sex is a normal part of life for human beings, shooting people isn't. Failed logic.

Wow, "raunchy"??? Yeah, I guess Sense and Sensibility was raunchy too then.
But this was very embarassing. I felt actually bad watching it, and being a software developer just made it worse.

Seriously what the hell?!

As like many people here and there, it was a severe disappointment. I can't believe the stupid ass comments that was on the article either. They don't even seem like they've watched the fucking video. FFS, grow a pair. (Oh no, is that too raunchy!? Anyone's panties getting into a bunch?)

Only Microsoft could find that Raunchy. 3 minutes of bad dancing and DubShit.

Obviously created b Ballmer.

There was nothing raunchy in that video. The guys who are outraged must be hailing from Pakistan...

Back