RatPadzGS Wear

Oompa

Limp Gawd
I've had my RatPadz GS for over a year now. I was recently looking at it and noticed some parts of it had become completely flat. Anyone experience this?

Kyle - NEW Ratpadz XT is for sale now. Should give you exactly what you are looking for.

Mine did the same thing, I finally tossed it several months ago. The middle where the mouse spent most of it's days was worn smooth, but I still had to keep teflon tape on the mouse feet or the remaining textured area would sand them off.

Mine did that too. I suggest you buy a new ratpadz gs. It's about $10, so it's not a huge loss.

I use it plenty, noticed it just now. I was looking at other mousepads but the RadPadz GS is so much cheaper. I'll stick with it.

Dude do yourself a favor and grab a func, the form factor is so much more comfortable. I used to have a ratpadz used it for years but I made an impulse buy while I was at svc, got a func for 16 bucks; usng this pad is a dream, it small enough for me and more importantly its flat to the table and smooth as ever. I love how the func pad lays flat on the table I don't even know its there when i'm using it, but with the ratpadz it felt like it was sitting 1/2" up from the table... It just didn't feel good. Plus the middle of the padz started bowing upwards I don't know what I did for that to happen. heat?

Don't stick with it just cuz its cheaper, you use it everyday for a couple of hours... get something better your hands and wrist deserve better. ha

I guess I'll pick up the fUnc Archetype 1030, with the plastic base. Looks pretty sweet, and it's not that expensive either.

I've had my ratpadz for like 5 years now and it's fine, it's not even the GS, it's the one that just says ratpadz.com and i use it extensively...the only problem is one of the rubber feet on the bottom came off (lower left hand corner)...

Yeah ratpadz don't handle wear very well. My friend has a mx700 and he went rite thru his in less than 3 months. Ends up I upgraded to a func, so I give him mine. He's done with that one in maybe another 3 months. He ends up having to be an "Xtrac" and even that gets worn down.

I'm thinking if you use a heavy mouse (any of the Logitech wireless) you will go through mousepads. Unless, it's cloth...then you don't have a problem, lol.

Mokster said:
I've had my ratpadz for like 5 years now and it's fine, it's not even the GS, it's the one that just says ratpadz.com and i use it extensively...the only problem is one of the rubber feet on the bottom came off (lower left hand corner)...

People actually say the old one lasts longer. I would give a ratpadz a second chance to support the H if they came out with a 3rd revision. My retired MX700 probably didn't help my GS. Now using a copperhead, the thing feels like a boulder in comparison. I use a func1030 nowadays.

I've had my RatPadz GS for nearly two years, and the middle is very very flat. Using a Razer Copperhead, I haven't noticed any problems in it tracking. However I was @ CompUSA the otherday and saw this IceMat Rev2, and was on sale for $20. Bought it, attached the teflon feet to the somewhat worn feet on my Copperhead (otherwise it makes these annoying sounds as it moves), and now it glides like a dream ;) I like the frosted look to it too ;)

Problem with the icemat is that it's made of glass. I tend to lan a lot and I don't want to deal with something that fragile.

I actually like how the fUnc archetype works. I am probaly going to go with that.

Im on my second GS..its already wearing out...I wont buy another one of these shit pads .....they are garbage compared to func like my friends are using....

Oopma, you can find the func 1030 on amazon for 11 bucks... just a hot deal tip for ya if you haven't bought it yet!

zbuddah said:
Oopma, you can find the func 1030 on amazon for 11 bucks... just a hot deal tip for ya if you haven't bought it yet!

that's not the archetype one though right?

Back