Ratpadz XT

Cygna

n00b
So I'm looking into getting one, and most of the posts I've found through search have been positive.

The question I have is are there any negatives with these? Like feet coming off, areas of wear coming out after a couple of months / years, or any issues with the surface quality? I've seen some posts about their mouse feet wearing out when using, but it doesn't bother me as there are replacement feet available for my mouse.

Let me know [H], as I'm going to order this week unless there is some really oddball issue with them. I think it's the right mousing surface for me, but I'd like to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have the XT and it's great. The only problem as you mentioned is the mouse feet or base wearing out due to the hard-surface nature of the mouse pad, but that only comes in after a few months/years of vigorous gaming.

Other than that, there is no issues and it's freaking awesome.

Mine had a warp in it and would not sit flat on my desk. Being that my desk could very well be bowed I checked it with a straightedge and it was true, so the pad was a little off. Gently bowing it back with my hands I was able to straghten it out. Still not 100% but I'm sure if I took a hair dryer to it, it would be okay. Can't go wrong with this pad, it feels very solid.

Thanks for the input guys. I can def live with replacing the pads on the mouse / Ratpadz, and the not sitting 100% flat part isn't so bad, as I would just bend it back like you did or take a heatgun to it. I do believe I am placing an order for one ASAP.

Funny thing as I check this thread I get the "If you don't like it we'll buy it back" ad for it, haha.

:]

Thanks for the input guys. I can def live with replacing the pads on the mouse / Ratpadz, and the not sitting 100% flat part isn't so bad, as I would just bend it back like you did or take a heatgun to it. I do believe I am placing an order for one ASAP.

Funny thing as I check this thread I get the "If you don't like it we'll buy it back" ad for it, haha.

:]

i love the ratpadz xt... so much so that i use one at home AND work :D

along with a deathadder (again both at home and work)... the deathadder may be too much for the dell infested office space though

Back