Ratpadz XT $25 w/Free Shipping

BTW Kyle, here's some inspiration for you if you ever do get the itch to make a Ratpadz XL. Pics don't do it any justice at all, but for my first attempt at making a mousepad out of HDPE, I don't think I did too bad of a job. :D

ratpad.jpg

Obviously the texture isn't the same between the Ratpadz and my Frankenstein creation, but my Logitech G602 tracks identically on either one and they're just as slick too. I actually based the overall dimensions on my now retired Cooler Master Battlepad (it's a little bigger at 11"x15").

Before anyone asks, NO I WON'T MAKE YOU ONE. If you're handy with woodworking tools and can make a router jig you can easily make your own, but if you have to go and buy a halfway decent variable speed router, the bits, the plastic materials, wood, and the screws, it's going to be significantly more than what Kyle would charge. *TRUST ME ON THIS*, you want to spend your time and money convincing Kyle there's a market for these. If not for the economics then for the amount of cleanup you'll be doing afterwards. Holy crap does that plastic go everywhere! :D

I won't be retiring my Ratpadz though. My homebrew pad works great when I'm playing at home but I already know it's way too big to use at my buddy's house when me and a group of friends pile into the man cave.

Anyone know how long it takes to "actually" ship? I ordered on the 22nd. I received an email on the 23rd stating it had shipped. Today I check the tracking and it says, "A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 1:23 pm on January 23, 2015 in LEESBURG, TX 75451." Sooo it hasn't shipped?

Use the contact form on the website and ask.

I will be perfectly honest with you. We simply do NOT ship as fast as we used to. We do not do enough volume any more to warrant a person at a full time position in fulfillment.

Ratpadz has not been a priority with me for many years. It is such a low cost, and therefore low profit product, that it is hard to make money selling these either in retail or wholesale.

I have kept the company around simply because I still like the product. It has not been a money maker for quite some time. That is why Everglide is no longer in business. It did try to diversify, but the likes of Razer and others simply ate their lunch.

Here's something a little off-topic but relevant in a way...

I think I found something better than Pledge to clean and polish a Ratpadz with. Go to your local bike shop and look for a can of "Finish Line Showroom Polish and & Protectant". The stuff is made with Teflon! :D

http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/frame-care/showroom-polish-and-protectant

If you thought the surface of the Ratpadz was slick before, it's absolutely nuts after you spray it with this stuff. :D

I just took receipt of my Ratpadz today, and it already is my favorite mousing surface I've ever owned! Thank you Kyle!

Is the polish spray something that is generally recommended? Any chance of the stuff gumming up the pad or mouse over time?

I just took receipt of my Ratpadz today, and it already is my favorite mousing surface I've ever owned! Thank you Kyle!

Is the polish spray something that is generally recommended? Any chance of the stuff gumming up the pad or mouse over time?

I only use Windex on mine. A lot of folks have sworn by Pledge, and I have used it and holy smokes does it make it slick. As far as "gumming it up," you would have to have a lot of residual material on the pad to make it do that.

Keep it clean and make sure you have good mouse feet and you are pretty much good to go for a hell of a long time.

Didn't realize just how worn out and dirty my old ratpadz was. What a difference, the new one is so much smoother. Background blurred because my desk and wires are a mess and I don't want to hear it....

12oYiCHl.jpg

Bought my first XT and have been using it for about three days now. Didn't like the curve being where my hand is, so I just turned the pad 180 degrees so the curve is on the top. Much better for me.

I did the same thing, works great. At first it felt strange as the thickness was more than I was used to (don't get cute with that). Now I can't see myself using anything else. I'll probably buy another one for work.

Also available at your local Walmart chemical dept...

I'll have to check Wally World next time I'm there. It'll probably be a little cheaper than a bike shop too.

BTW: Ratpadz+teflon mouse feet+Pledge or Teflon bike polish=server ban. Just got banned from a TF2 server for "cheating" because I was head shotting the living hell out of the opposing team. Consider yourselves warned. :D lol

I've been using my Ratpadz XT for probably an average of six hours a day for the last 5 years and I don't notice any signs of wear. So glad I got one of these.

Been using it for about a week and a half now. I'm really surprised at how smooth (and thick) it is even though the surface is really rough. It's smoother than a brand new QCK which I didn't think would be the case. Totally worth the $25.

Back