Ratpadz XT $25 w/Free Shipping

I've had mine for about a year and a half now. I love it. It's as great of a surface as the day I got it in the mail.

Going almost 3 years with mine, best mousepad ever that I convinced 4 other people to buy it.

It would be really good if it was flat, but like several users reported, mine was received slightly bended and there's no way to flatten it back.
Plus the sticky pads at the bottom use a very poor quality glue or it's their curved design that's flawed, I don't know, but I lost 2 of the front pads already and a third one is on the move, so I guess I'll be losing that one too.
It's molded plastic, for Pete's sake, why can't they include the pads in the mold and let it cool flat?
If that's what "made in USA" mean, then I'd rather have the Chinese version of it, RatPadz manufacturing QA sucks, the XT is not such a good deal as the continuous ads on [H] mislead users into thinking. I can't even bend it flat, as this would require heat, which would melt the grainy surface. Not happy with my XT at all, and it's too late to return it, I didn't notice the slight bend on the edge at first, but my mouse would frequently slide on its own from the pad to the desk when it's resting too close to the edge, and from there to the floor.

It would be really good if it was flat, but like several users reported, mine was received slightly bended and there's no way to flatten it back.
Plus the sticky pads at the bottom use a very poor quality glue or it's their curved design that's flawed, I don't know, but I lost 2 of the front pads already and a third one is on the move, so I guess I'll be losing that one too.
It's molded plastic, for Pete's sake, why can't they include the pads in the mold and let it cool flat?
If that's what "made in USA" mean, then I'd rather have the Chinese version of it, RatPadz manufacturing QA sucks, the XT is not such a good deal as the continuous ads on [H] mislead users into thinking. I can't even bend it flat, as this would require heat, which would melt the grainy surface. Not happy with my XT at all, and it's too late to return it, I didn't notice the slight bend on the edge at first, but my mouse would frequently slide on its own from the pad to the desk when it's resting too close to the edge, and from there to the floor.

It is not uncommon for these pads to get bent in shipping etc. Simply put it on the edge of a counter and bend it back. We directly address this on the Ratpadz site HERE. The flexibility is simply a function of the material used.

The feet are hardly cheap as far as the feet go. I know, I buy those. We are happy to replace any feet that might get lost over time. Simply use the ratpadz.com email to get the address to send a SASE too and we will happily send you more for free.

I am sorry the pad is so slick that your mouse slides off onto the floor.

When did you buy it and how did you determine that it was too late to send it back? I doubt that any one with Ratpadz told you that. Maybe there is more to the story that is not shared here?

All that said. We stand behind our Ratpadz XT 100%! If you do not like it, we will buy it back from you and pay shipping within in reasonable time of usage. And to be quite honest, you sound upset enough from your mail, I will happily buy it back from you for the original purchase price, just use the Ratpadz email page, and cut and paste this message and you will be taken care of. I do not want unhappy Ratpadz customers, and I can assure you that if I can't address your issues and make you happy, I can put the money back in your pocket, plus shipping, and there is no other company in the business willing to stand behind its product to such an extent. My personal mail is [email protected] if you would like to discuss it further. We sell thousands of Ratpadz XT a year, and yes, we do get around 5 unhappy customers a year. If you are one of those 5, I can make it right. We do NOT want unhappy customers.

THAT'S IT! I NEED ANOTHER ONE!

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

Can the OP or admin update the price on the OP because it shows $24.99 when I click the link, unless theres a coupon code I don't know about.

thanks

Can the OP or admin update the price on the OP because it shows $24.99 when I click the link, unless theres a coupon code I don't know about.

thanks

I just bought one for 19.99, it shows 24.99 but when you add it to your cart it drops the price down. Also was going to say to the other poster I had no problems with chrome on my order I just put in.

Its working now. Kyle must of fixed it.

UPDATE - Got it Saturday ( Kyle is Da man! LOL) Fast shipping! I reorganized my whole workstation (Gaming area LOL). I cant say enough about this mousepad! Makes my Logitech Performance MX Mouse feel like a whole new device! What a Kick-ass product! Definitely will reccomend it!

Last edited:
Just ordered another one...I remember ordering my first one for my Q6600 machine....Still working like a champ, but I have a few gaming machines and these are really nice.

The one I'm using for my HTPC from Summer 2011 is still working well, no problems at all. :cool:

Oh god no! After almost 3 1/2 years my Ratpad is starting to warp, and pretty bad too. I was wondering why my mouse has begun to slide off the surface on it's own. Having trouble bending it back completely flat. Any tips?

Oh god no! After almost 3 1/2 years my Ratpad is starting to warp, and pretty bad too. I was wondering why my mouse has begun to slide off the surface on it's own. Having trouble bending it back completely flat. Any tips?

If it will not go back into shape by just "bending the shit out of it," then you are likely at life's end. A few things contribute to bending "prematurely," heat, humidity, and what cleaners you use.

No cleaners, as far as heat and humidity, I live in Miami, Florida :| When I am not home I leave the A/C pretty high as to save on the power bill so it can get a pretty warm 76-78 in my room on some days. I tried bending but after about an hour it springs back to it's warped arch shape. How about sticking in the oven for a bit then placing a 45lb weight on it?

Well, I really have no idea about that, but if you do it and document it so we can all have a laugh I will send you a new one for free! :)

Kyle, what's the recommended way of cleaning a Ratpadz? I've just been dusting mine w/ a feather duster. I'm paranoid about spraying any liquid on there like Windexing it. Dusting it has worked well for me so far.

I hope a Ratpadz isn't flammable. :eek:

Duster or wet paper towel.

If you really want it to be slick, which is saying something considering how low a coefficient of friction the material has to begin with....shoot it with some Pledge furniture polish then buff it off.

I use clorox wipes on it all the time with no issues.

Chlorine based chemicals, or any "cleaning" chemicals are not suggested at all. Using those every once in a while is no big deal, but continuously using those for years is not suggested. Those chemicals leech the plasticizers out of the material, which cause it to lose some of it durometer rating which will make it not as slick and therefore wear faster. Chemicals will also cause it to warp over long periods of time, sunlight, temperature, and humidity also figure into all of this.

Wet non-abrasive wipe (ie no scrubbie pads or brushes) used with just soapy water is best if it is really messy.

Except for the rubber pads. I've replaced the pads on my parents' XT a year or so ago and will be needing to do it again. They come off way too easily. I'm thinking about buying a rubber neoprene mat and using that instead.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Except for the rubber pads. I've replaced the pads on my parents' XT a year or so ago and will be needing to do it again. They come off way too easily. I'm thinking about buying a rubber neoprene mat and using that instead.

Did you replace those with feet from us or another source? The feet should stay on long past a year. If you mail us a SASE we will send you replacement feet. (mail realratpaz at gmail dot com) Just make sure to clean off all the adhesive left from the previous feet, and don't touch the new adhesive on the feet when you install those.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
More mouse feet than I can remember.. 3 mice. I'm so f'n [H]ard. Smooth as a baby's ass on the bottom hahahahaaaaaa

DSC_1014_zps8eda2df0.jpg

Just ordered my first Ratpadz.

The ordering website is annoying. I copied my CC# into that field, so it didn't like it when I submitted it. So I fixed that and submitted it again, but a bunch of the fields reset to their default values. It would be nice if they would keep the user entered values if there is an error. The fields that reset were all drop-down fields and included: Expiration year on CC and State. Can't remember if any others did that.

Just ordered my first Ratpadz.

The ordering website is annoying. I copied my CC# into that field, so it didn't like it when I submitted it. So I fixed that and submitted it again, but a bunch of the fields reset to their default values. It would be nice if they would keep the user entered values if there is an error. The fields that reset were all drop-down fields and included: Expiration year on CC and State. Can't remember if any others did that.

Security features to make sure people don't be stealin' yo' intarwebs. Sorry for your trouble.

They are the replacement feet from you guys. I think the problem lies when there is a dust buildup underneath the mat that causes the rubber pads to loose grip. Sometimes the dust will find its way into the adhesive backing which, of course, causes the pads to unstick. I think drilling 2mm round holes into the RatPadz and then getting slightly larger rubber feet to place in that might prevent them from coming off as easily.

Either that or keep it clean. :)

IMO...For outright feel....FUNC>Ratpadz...BUT..like you stated...FUNC<Ratpadz in wear characteristics. My 1st 1030 lasted a bit less than a year. 2nd one tad bit longer. Doubt I will buy another FUNC. due to wear issues. (BTW, BOTH sides of my FUNC were worn out in that time.) I'd like to get the RAT, but I think it may be a bit too small for my taste. As for other good pads....my son uses a Rocketfish http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...lack/8240405.p?id=1168044601670&skuId=8240405 I really like it. He won it at a LAN party a little over a year ago, and it has held up quite well with little to no wear. It is priced about the same as the Rat and FUNC.
I'm glad you guys compared Func, because that's what I have. I have to clean it about every six months (not complaining). I have used both sides depending on the mouse. Some felt better on the smooth side and some felt better on the textured side. I use the textured side with my G5 currently. I like the Func but always wonder, "Is there something better?" Sounds like Ratpadz isn't an upgrade. By the way, I've had my Func pad since Summer, 2004. It came with an Alienware laptop. Considering it has been nine years, I wonder if it will ever wear out.

Welp, I somehow lost my Ratpadz and just ordered a SteelSeries QcK to replace it. I'll let you know how I think they compare (I'll be especially interested to see how they compare when it comes to wear).

I liked the Ratpadz but it was a bit thick and the hard plastic isn't as nice on the hand/wrist (which the thickness doesn't help).

And while it weared very slowly, it does wear a little bit, as I've mentioned in past posts in this thread.

So we'll see how they compare, who knows, I might end up ordering another Ratpadz (which would be my third).

ordered another one on the 17th and it just arrived today.

this will make my... umm... 5th I believe. lol

Original Ratpad that is long gone
Ratpad GS - no good, wears too fast
Ratpad XT - using at home currently
Ratpad XT - lost at my old job
ratpad XT - just arrived for new job

best mouse pad ever made IMO

Kyle,

You gave me one several years ago when you came down to Austin to have us test out the Killer NIC cards. It is still going strong, but I am going to order another one for work. Can I get one in "Dell Blue"? j/k

Keith

Looks like my XT is going to outlast my Logitech mx1000. Now if only I could find a worthy replacement for that mouse.

I still have two XTs, my first one I got in either 2007 or 2008 and it's still going strong at home. I also bought a second one for work, still going strong.

I wish I had more reasons to buy more. :)

Just picked up one of these....My god...this is what I have been wanting.

Those razer pads are just garbage compared to these. Call me a changed man

Ordered on the 13th. Haven't received any tracking info, or receipt of any kind. Is this typical?

Emailed their support with no response.

Ordered on the 13th. Haven't received any tracking info, or receipt of any kind. Is this typical?

Emailed their support with no response.

Let me check what is going on. Could you email me your order information?

Hi,

I've had the Ratpad XT for over a year and I love it! However, two of the rubber feet fell off and are missing. Any way I can get some replacements?

Thanks

Back