Ratpadz XT $25 w/Free Shipping

Kyle, I placed my order on the 9th, is there a way I can check the status of the order? I don't mind waiting, I'm just curious.

We don't have an online way to check, but just use the contact button on the site and Linda will get back to you.
Should SURELY already be in the post for you though.

Zarathustra[H];1038995611 said:
Did you have the Original/XT or the thinner one they sold for a while?

As i said earlier, I got 11+ years out of my first one, and I'm a pretty heavy user. I never wore the material at all, it just warped, and I grew tired of trying to bend it back again, so I got another one.

The Original.

I used to do competitive UT instagib, a lot of fast mouse moving, frustration, etc...It literally wore through a layer of plastic in one spot. A friend and I got them at the same time, his lasted another 2 years before he replaced it.

I think at the time I paid $12. it was worth it. Since then, the Icemat hasn't needed a replacement, but at 4x the cost, I expect at least 4x what I got out of the ratzpad.

Thanks for the info Kyle, I didn't want to bug anyone using the contact button. I'm not in a big hurry for it.

Just received mine as well. I initially purchased the Ratpadz to protect the surface of my new desk from wear, rather than for gaming performance. I figured that any smooth surface was just as good as the other but was pleasantly surprised when my mouse felt like it was gliding over ice. Be aware that you may need to gently bend the Ratpadz over your knee to correct some slight warping.

Just received mine as well. I initially purchased the Ratpadz to protect the surface of my new desk from wear, rather than for gaming performance. I figured that any smooth surface was just as good as the other but was pleasantly surprised when my mouse felt like it was gliding over ice. Be aware that you may need to gently bend the Ratpadz over your knee to correct some slight warping.
Or as Kyle says, beat the sh1t out of it. :D

I can pleasantly say I didn't have to do any bending to mine. It was shipped in a standard USPS hard cardboard express. Thing is extremely nice feeling with my aging MX518, thinking about ordering one for work as well.

Waiting for a great deal on a G500 Logitech next.

Give it a good bend if need be. You will not hurt it. :)

maintpic.jpg

Like any high-performance unit, the Ratpadz XT requires care over its lifetime. This UltraSlick™ polymer surface is pliable to some degree and might warp over time. What is usually the culprit is the pad getting exposed to some pretty harsh environments during shipping or transportation. If your Ratpadz XT shows up and it is not flat, or starts to bend after you have used it for months or years, do not worry. All it requires is reforming the surface to an arched position.

I've never had a "gaming" mouse pad before, and I'm not sure I'll be able to fit all of this on my tiny desk...

Aw heck, in for one. :)

Now I just gotta get a mouse to replace this nasty looking and seemingly increasingly on the fritz Diamondback 3G that's about 3-4 years old now...or maybe the pad will be so awesome that I won't need to. Do need to find myself a wrist cushion tho.

Just got mine.. upgrading from an ikea desk top

Using a Logitech G9x:
oooooooh.... me likey!

Using it on fiance's Dell mouse that came with laptop:
much better, but not as night and day.

I haven't had a mouse pad at home in years, but this is awesome!

Literally just started using my XT that came in today after I got home. First impression is that this is significantly larger than generic localized mousepad I had picked up a few years back at a job fair ( :p ), and a WHOLE lot thicker. :eek:

My aging, soon-to-be-replaced Diamondback 3g feels like a whole new mouse after using it on the Ratpadz, it was actually too sensitive compared to the level before on the old mousepad so I had to lower the sensitivity :eek: . Then again, I had also done a deep cleaning of all the dust and gunk that had been built up on the thing over the years, though I bet it's mostly the pad. Overall, a very positive first impression from someone who has never used a gaming pad before, though it is still surprisingly thick compared to what I'm used to. :) :D

Edit: One thing I have noticed is that the "Made in USA" carving that I see in review units isn't there. Not that this is a deal breaker of any sort, but I thought this was a little confusing when I found that out. Oh well.

Last edited:
All made 100% in the USA from American made polymers.

It is good to see this is still on the market.. I have my orginal XT, and ran across 2 of the colored prototype GT's during my last move. Still using a GT for cad....
Ken

Think I'm going to order a couple, one for me and one for my son, although I wish they had ones with [H] logo.

I've been using an Everglide hard resin pad for at least 10 years but the surface is finally starting to go

Although I wish they sold the [H] one shown on the front page today.

Last edited:
I ordered one last week and just recently got it in.

I didn't really need a mouse pad since I have the Hyde C4-NGen but I'm not really happy with it. Durability is a concern, after several months it's no where near as slick as it was, it seems to add a lot of gunk to the feet of my mice, as it sits flush with the desk.

I had several old RatPadz eons ago, they rocked but would bend frequently, the size was too small for me and they would wear at a fast rate. But they rocked! I know Kyle is against making a larger version, but man would that rock!

The XT that I just ordered is the same format as the one I retired a while back. Only different is that one had the name printed on the top.

IMO the Ratpad is good for everything except FPS. For FPS i require a larger space. I keep pushing my mouse off the Ratpad, it's going to get me killed sooner or later. I could turn up the sensitivity of my mouse, but you have more control turning down the sensitivity and using a larger area to control the mouse.

Would be epic if Kyle made a Ikea Jerker sized version that I could mount to the ENTIRE top of my desk :)

So far so good, except for the size.

For not being made in the USA, I don't think that this would have been an Impulsive purchase.

I've been using free magazines/catalogs for mousepads for years now. Every few days, I'll have to flip the page.

Should I get this? I play Counterstrike.

think of this as ice skating where as the QcK+ is rollerblading
i myself love the qck+ never have been fond of hard mats cloth is much easier for controlled movement

I've never used anything except cloth mats and although I like the feel of the mouse gliding I always get irritated by the random fuzzies, hairs, specks on the surface. I have to keep a lint roller nearby at all times to get the stuff off the mat.

I just ordered the XT. I ordered a GS about 3-4 years ago and it's still straight as an arrow, no bending. The only thing I've noticed between years 2-3 was a wearing down of the mouse pad where my mouse glides. I've mostly used logitech and razer mice. If i can get another 3-4 years off the XT, I'll be happy.

How do I get tracking information? I got the email that stated I purchased the mouse pad, but it did not have much in the way of information.

I'm now on year 5 for one of my first Ratpad and roughly year 4 on the other one. Totally worth it. You don't have to be a gamer to benefit. The mouse literally glides on this pad. Looks like hey dropped the cheaper version, which IMO, was a smart move, because IME it attracted a lot of dust. Never understood why, but it did.

This mouse pad is the best I've owned. Maybe there's something else that's comparable, but I've never seen one. for $20.00 you can't go wrong.

But where in the world can I get tracking information?

We don't lock in tracking information. We send it USPS, and it is cheaper to do it without it to keep the cost low on the purchase.

You can go to Ratpadz.com and use the contact page to ask Linda about your pad going out.

my 10+ yr old ratpad is bent out of shape so i just ordered the XT, cant wait to get that good gliding feel again

Just ordered another XT. This will be my third Ratpadz over about 10 years, used M-F 9-6. It takes some time, but eventually I wear a smooth spot in them that increases friction. I can't imagine anything else on the market would last me this long.

Thanks Kyle.

I just placed some 3m mounting tape under my mouse pad. I doubled up each strip and put one large strip on both sides and two smaller ones down the center. So far so good! Hopefully the tape will prevent the pad from warping.

I did this to prevent the pad from slipping. An issue that occurs with nearly every mouse pad on the market. On my epicly large cloth pad I put a large binder clip over the pad that secured it to the table. That worked wonders. But this pad lacks the realestate to do that trick. 3m mounting tape FTW!

Ordered mine today. This will be my first "real" mouse pad, should be quite an improvement.

I ordered one today. I am so stoked. Finally ready to upgrade from my 4 year old xtrac pro.

Back