Ratpadz XT $25 w/Free Shipping

I will have a lot to get used to, much higher quality mouse + very low friction pad. I suspect there will be a week of me getting my ass kicked in games.

It's really freaky, you really overshoot your targets a bit.

Having used both the Ratpadz XT and the Func Industries Archtype 1030, I would place the Func ahead of this one (by quite a bit) as a mousing surface. That said, this is a great pad and for $19.99 it's tough to beat and will outlast the Func (I've had to replace one already). Just thought I'd chime in with my opinion, as there are other good pads out there.

IMO...For outright feel....FUNC>Ratpadz...BUT..like you stated...FUNC<Ratpadz in wear characteristics. My 1st 1030 lasted a bit less than a year. 2nd one tad bit longer. Doubt I will buy another FUNC. due to wear issues. (BTW, BOTH sides of my FUNC were worn out in that time.) I'd like to get the RAT, but I think it may be a bit too small for my taste. As for other good pads....my son uses a Rocketfish http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...lack/8240405.p?id=1168044601670&skuId=8240405 I really like it. He won it at a LAN party a little over a year ago, and it has held up quite well with little to no wear. It is priced about the same as the Rat and FUNC.

Kyle I remember there was talk about doing a bigger version of the XT be it limited or not. Did you end up getting rid of this idea? Just curious as I didn't know if it was still coming sometime.

Just got my pad in the mail. It's not what I was expecting, but it's obviously quite sturdy.

Had mine for over a year now and still going strong. Way, WAY better than the GS. I haven't noticed any decline in smoothness at all.

Having used both the Ratpadz XT and the Func Industries Archtype 1030, I would place the Func ahead of this one (by quite a bit) as a mousing surface. That said, this is a great pad and for $19.99 it's tough to beat and will outlast the Func (I've had to replace one already). Just thought I'd chime in with my opinion, as there are other good pads out there.

Having used the fUncpad 1030 for a long time before the Ratpadz XT, I have to strongly disagree. The 1030 lost a lot of smoothness really quickly whereas the Ratpadz has so far not lost any at all after over a year of constant use. Also I did not notice the fUncpad being that much better as a surface in terms of smoothness, either. Definitely more for your money with the Ratpadz.

So what is your cost per day then comparatively?

Kyle I remember there was talk about doing a bigger version of the XT be it limited or not. Did you end up getting rid of this idea? Just curious as I didn't know if it was still coming sometime.

Not going to happen.

Just got my pad in the mail. It's not what I was expecting, but it's obviously quite sturdy.

If you do not like it, we will buy it back and pay shipping. No other company will stand behind its product to that degree.

My mouse has trouble with the surface on the XT. : ( NZXT Avatar doesn't play nice with it, works fine on engineering paper : P

My mouse has trouble with the surface on the XT. : ( NZXT Avatar doesn't play nice with it, works fine on engineering paper : P

Get in touch with Linda at Ratpadz. She will get your refund and pay for your shipping. We have never tested any NZXT mice. They buy those things from everywhere and produce none of it themselves to my knowledge.

Just ordered the XT tonight to replace my VERY old Fragmat(with CS on it) that the bottom is finally starting to lose itself and EVERYTHING sticks to it now..

Hoping for a lot more precision as I like to use high DPI on my mouses now.

ive been on the same ratpad since 2002 or something like that. so yeah - its legit

Anyone with a Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse? (I have the R.A.T. 7) I want to make sure it works with this mouse, my current mousepad (some generic metal pad) does not work with my new mouse.

Anyone with a Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse? (I have the R.A.T. 7) I want to make sure it works with this mouse, my current mousepad (some generic metal pad) does not work with my new mouse.

if not they offer full refunds so its really a no risk deal.

Running a Steelseries XAI, anyone with experience on it with this mouse?

I'm probably the only one who is using a Ratpadz for my HTPC that does 0 gaming on it. But it does look nice, even though I don't make as much use of it that a gaming computer would. My gaming computer is upstairs but a Ratpadz would be too large for the slide-out keyboard drawer, which also has the mouse.

im in for one. i was using an everglide giganta in smoke gray for years and years, but the arch started deforming. i tried to bend it back and used too much force. it snapped in half... :*( but luckily this ratpadz looks exactly the same, but black. i hope it works as well!

A certain company was doing a promotion on Facebook today. Post your old mouse pad, something horrible, and win one of their new pieces of carpet.

Soooo... I trolled it.

caption: "oh nvm. I guess I dont need one. This one kickin it for 2+ years."

mebraging.png

and a close up of my pic.

327887_1969764844431_1252261337_31732895_7987528_o.jpg

Nice, but a proper Troll would have been [H] and called it a Ratpad... ;)

Oh- what's the keyboard?

Last edited:
Proud owner of 3 Ratpadz, loved my first one so much I needed to buy 2 more for the guest computer and my brother. My G9 glides across the surface like a waterbug. It literally feels frictionless, a slight tap and my mouse will slide all the way across with no effort. Love it, 9/10, deducted 1 point because sometimes a little bit of plastic sticks out on the surface that when I run across it, scratches the bottom of my mouse. I ended up sanding it down though so it's ok for now until it happens again.

Nice, but a proper Troll would have been [H] and called it a Ratpad... ;)

Oh- what's the keyboard?

I was trying to edit after I posted but couldn't. The keyboard is a G11 from logistic.

But srsly guys, this mouse pad has been spilled on by many beers, has shouldered the weight of 2 mice, and has been abused for 2+ years. Nothing in my set up has taken that abuse and still works the same as day one. Ratpads are the snizit!

Kelby, you have a very similar, if not the same model of Logitech mouse as I do. Good choice (and funny pic). :cool:

Just got mine in yesterday. Took about 15 minutes of getting used to but I know I won't turn back. I'm almost a little embarrassed how excited I feel about a mousepad...

I have a GS for several years and I've noticed that some parts are worn down nearly perfectly smooth. Does the XT have the same problem?

I believe I bought my XT about 5 years ago, still going strong. No wear on the surface at all, I did lose a rubber foot or two though. It's been through 3 mice.

This thing rocks for me when lying in bed and gaming (I get hospitalized and put on bedrest pretty often).

"Who would be retarded enough to pay $20 for a mousepad? Mousepads are free!"

That's what I thought for a couple years every time I saw this thread. However, last week it was time to retire my old mouse and replace it with a G9x, so I thought "to hell with it" and placed the order.

Received the pad in a couple days and all I have to say is, "Wow." My mouse glides effortlessly over this thing and the pinpoint precision it offers is impressive. I tried this new mouse on a multitude of other mouse pads and surfaces and none of them compare to the Ratpadz.

It took awhile, but I am glad I made this purchase.

"Who would be retarded enough to pay $20 for a mousepad? Mousepads are free!"

That's what I thought for a couple years every time I saw this thread. However, last week it was time to retire my old mouse and replace it with a G9x, so I thought "to hell with it" and placed the order.

Received the pad in a couple days and all I have to say is, "Wow." My mouse glides effortlessly over this thing and the pinpoint precision it offers is impressive. I tried this new mouse on a multitude of other mouse pads and surfaces and none of them compare to the Ratpadz.

It took awhile, but I am glad I made this purchase.
The Ratpadz was free as well ... for those who went to the [H]/AMD Game Experience in Dallas back in July. :cool:

Just ordered the XT. I hope it doesn't show too much wear after a year. I'm really sensitive to wear when it comes to mouse pads and I have been replacing my expensive razer pads pretty often.

Just got my ratpadz last night. I'm a little disappointing. The pad itself is not totally flat, it wobbles a lot. Bending it helps a little. Also, there is some blank spots on the texture, kinda looks like I scratched it with my fingernail. Biggest one is about 1cm long and pretty wide.

I'm guessing bending the pad will eventually make it flat but there is nothing I can do about the texture flaws. I guess quality control is lacking.

Good thing is the actual surface is excellent and it seems to be very durable yet very good for gaming.

Just got my ratpadz last night. I'm a little disappointing. The pad itself is not totally flat, it wobbles a lot. Bending it helps a little. Also, there is some blank spots on the texture, kinda looks like I scratched it with my fingernail. Biggest one is about 1cm long and pretty wide. I guess quality control is lacking.

Good thing is the actual surface is excellent and it seems to be very durable yet very good for gaming.

Sounds like yours got pretty abused in shipping. We pull units with much smaller blemishes out of stock and use those for freebies. It happens sometimes. USPS can be brutal. We could package it better, but the cost is prohibitive.

Don't be afraid to crank on it to flatten it out. The thing is almost indestructible.

Email me some pictures of your pad and the texture issues and I will get you a new one on the way at no cost to you at all. [email protected]

I did notice when it was dropped off, they actually threw it on my front door and it made a loud noise, but I didnt realize any mousepad particles. I normally don't care about small blemishes, but it affects my mouse movement when I glide over it.

I'll send some pictures tonight. Thanks for helping me out Kyle.

Cool deal bro. The USPS is usually pretty good about it. They tear up about 1 out of 500, so it is just less expensive to give you a new pad than have everyone pay for bulletproof shipping containers. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you Kyle for getting the replacement setup. I spent the night gaming with it and i'm loving it. Honestly best hard mousepad I ever owned and the other ones usually cost around double the price. I like the fact that is doesn't scream "Gamer" like my other gaming mousepads with huge logos/schemes. Seems to be very durable and from the reviews it seems to be true.

Thank you Kyle for getting the replacement setup. I spent the night gaming with it and i'm loving it. Honestly best hard mousepad I ever owned and the other ones usually cost around double the price. I like the fact that is doesn't scream "Gamer" like my other gaming mousepads with huge logos/schemes. Seems to be very durable and from the reviews it seems to be true.

Sorry it took us more than a week to get the replacement to you. My bad on that one.

As for the first one, just FYI, it is not an FDA/NSF51 sanitary surface if you were thinking about using it for a cutting board. (Black pigment does not pass.) (Yeah, I still use them for that at my house! ;) )

I'm still waiting for a [H] logo on a ratpad. A small logo though, not one that takes up the entire surface like a billboard.

Back