Ratpadz XT $25 w/Free Shipping

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
I just ordered my 3rd ratpadz mousepad today and went to post in the thread.. to find that it wasn't there anymore. The $19.99 deal is still going on for the XT and shipping is still free.

I cant say enough good things about these pads. Its like running your mouse across greased air.

http://www.ratpadz.com

Great price. Unfortunately the XT is a lot like Stride gum (in a marketing sense).

They moved the sticky to the mouse and kb forum.

I just got my Ratpadz last weekend and I'm loving it. Would have bought one years ago, but my previous desk had no room for it next to my G15. Now I need to upgrade to a better gaming mouse.

They moved the sticky to the mouse and kb forum.

I just got my Ratpadz last weekend and I'm loving it. Would have bought one years ago, but my previous desk had no room for it next to my G15. Now I need to upgrade to a better gaming mouse.

I just got my G500 a few weeks ago. I figured its a good time to get a new pad. My old GS has finally worn out after 3 years. I am giving the XT a shot after playing around with my buddies. Should be a nice match with the new mouse.

I had always wondered what all the fuss was about these pads, until I got one. I doubt I will ever think about buying any other kind of pad, best pad for the price I have ever come across that is for sure.

My XT rules. Though I'm getting kind of tired of the rubber pads coming off of the bottom.

nope, care to explain?
Stride claims that their gum lasts so long, that people are still chewing their first piece. So the commercials usually consist of Stride-hired hitmen hunting down people chewing Stride and forcing them to spit out their first piece so they'll chew another. Other commercials show convenience store owners disgruntled because no one's buying Stride (because they're still on their first piece/pack).

Is the XT better than the GS? I had a GS for awhile (still have it somewhere), but the surface started to wear down after a year, maybe less. Switched to a fUnc sUrface 1030 and haven't looked back. However, eventually I'll have to replace this (starting to get worn, but after several years now), so is the XT worth it?

Is the XT better than the GS? I had a GS for awhile (still have it somewhere), but the surface started to wear down after a year, maybe less. Switched to a fUnc sUrface 1030 and haven't looked back. However, eventually I'll have to replace this (starting to get worn, but after several years now), so is the XT worth it?

Yes.

I own both, I bought the GS to compare them, the XT really is a better pad and worth the price.

It's not just the thickness and longevity, the actual feel of the pad is better.

Just purchased another XT, yesterday for that price. I have been using Ratpadz since they were originally released, back before there even was a GS and XT; I have owned both, and still prefer the trusty XT to the GS.

Going back that far, I remember my first "gamer" pad was one of those green Ever Glides... I wonder if they are still around.

Mine finally arrived, and it's definitely worth the wait. Gliding my G500 over the XT feels sooo smooth.

I'm about to get one of these for a new build, but I'm not quite convinced that the XT is worth twice as much as the GS. Is there really that big of a durability difference between the two? And does the thickness of the XT become a hindrance at all?

I had one for a while and switched back to cloth. The roughness of the pad as well as the thickness weren't for me.

wow first negative comment I've heard on the ratpadz.

Might get one shipped to me in Chile if I can and it doesn't break me.
Heard too many good things.

I had an Everglide back in the day, and have the Rocketfish (same as above, but that link didn't work for me) now. My Everglide developed quite a bow to it. I was never brave enough to heat it up, and simply trying to bend it over an edge like in the Ratpadz maintenance page only seemed to help for a short time. With it bowed up like that, my mouse sat on the middle section around the optical sensor, rather than on the feet, essentially making it suck. It was rather thick, though my wrist rest was sort of football-shaped so it fit nicely in the wrist cutout and mitigated the thickness some. The surface texture was very nice, though it did start to wear through eventually.

I like the Rocketfish because of its dual surfaces and thinness. It's quite large, and I actually have a little bit of it under my keyboard even. The rubber feet come off somewhat easily, especially since the feet for the side you're not using are actually on the surface you're using. If you only want to use one side, you can simply peel the extra feet off, but if you want to switch between the sides, you'll need to leave them on.

I finally bit on this offer.

After all I have heard, I have to try one out.

I've been using an Xt for...geez, it's got to be about two years now. Great pad. No problems.

Hmm, might have to check that out. I do remember the Ratpadz being a bit on the thick side. Thanks for the info!

Also, the link you posted didn't work for me. Here's a working one:

Rocketfish Mouse Pad

Doesn't come close to a Ratpadz XT. I have one and it doesn't track anywhere near as well as the XT or even a QCK+ for that matter.

I have an XT myself.. but, it's been sent to the closet. Bought a Logitech Performance Mouse MX (Darkfield laser) for my glass desk and won't look back.

After seeing their ads on here for years I'm finally going to try one. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do occasionally play, and I've been anti-mousepad for a long time since I've never had good experiences with them.

I have been running a metal/teflon type no name and it has operated perfectly but Ive been looking at this pad for about a month now and just ordered one.
Here is my logic behind it,you spend X amount of dollars on your crazy fast rig,memory,cpu,gfx card and gaming mouse to only run your mouse on a $5 cloth mouse pad?
This sounds like a $20 expense I wont regret.

It's not just the thickness and longevity, the actual feel of the pad is better.

That is what she said.

I'm reporting that I am now the proud owner of a 10 minute old Ratpad XT. I have her setup on the living room coffee table and she is doing quite well. I am confident this will beat the current cloth mouse pad to a pulp, seeing as the roomie and I eat on this coffee table. With the Ratpad I believe we can just rinse it under water if any grime gets on it (which will undoubtedly happen). The cloth pad is pretty disgusting. I just hope the rat doesn't touch our food!

Last edited:
I just got mine today. The XT is well worth it over my old GS's that finally wore down. Its nice having a new pad, kinda like the feeling when you put on a brand new pair of socks.

Back