Ratpadz - shipping is still FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are orders still being accepted?

*Edit* nevermind saw the other more active thread on the Ratpadz in the Hot Deal forum.

Last edited:
As I can't post in the Hot Deal forum hopefully someone'll be able to help me here.

I'm still using the original Razer ExactMat (pictured below) and am still very happy with it. However, am looking at other mats for another pc build.

Has anyone used both of these and can tell me how they compare?
Thanks

18d2bf12_razer-exactmat-main.jpeg

As I can't post in the Hot Deal forum hopefully someone'll be able to help me here.

I'm still using the original Razer ExactMat (pictured below) and am still very happy with it. However, am looking at other mats for another pc build.

Has anyone used both of these and can tell me how they compare?
Thanks

18d2bf12_razer-exactmat-main.jpeg

you wanna sell it?

Just a suggestion for the ratpadz website, it would be nice if you listed on your site if there is going to be a delay in shipment... If I knew it was going to take 3+ days after my order to even get confirmation that it shipped then I wouldn't even have bothered.

Also, pretty much every link is broken when linking to offsite resellers.

My second Ratpadz just arrived... any suggestions on how to un-warp this thing?

My first one had a slight warp in it that I was able to fix by bending it over my knee. It's resin, it flexes, no big deal... but this second one is really bad. It rocks back and forth on the desk because of the bow in it.

just ordered another one.

this will make my... umm... 5th I believe.

Original Ratpad that is long gone
Ratpad GS - no good, wears too fast
Ratpad XT - using at home currently
Ratpad XT - lost at my old job
ratpad XT - just ordered for new job

My second Ratpadz just arrived... any suggestions on how to un-warp this thing?

My first one had a slight warp in it that I was able to fix by bending it over my knee. It's resin, it flexes, no big deal... but this second one is really bad. It rocks back and forth on the desk because of the bow in it.

Update on the above. I basically man-handled the thing, put it across my leg and pressed on the edges in an attempt to reverse the warp. I eventually got it flat, at least for a while.

I've had to repeat this process every week or so because it eventually starts returning to its original warped shape. Might try hitting it with a heat gun before my next attempt. lol

I just received mine all the way to Croatia:)
The glide on this thing is simply superb.
There are no drawings, logos, just a pure black thick piece of plastic.
I went through many reviews (probably an understatement) and i don't think i ll regret the choice i've made.

Glad to know there are still companies out there, doing things the "oldschool" way with almost no marketing, fancy packaging etc....Kudos!

These pads have been amazing. About to order a 4th, now for the wife. My son and I have had one for about a year and it's been a much nicer gaming experience. When my kid takes his to the lan parties he attends, people seem to trip out on how nice it feels and how it's as good or better than their more expensive ones.

Well, just upgraded my mouse. I hadn't realized what this pad had done to my old mouse until now...

Apparently my Ratpadz STILL isn't flat, but slightly domed. I've used it for so long that it had actually ground down the bottom of my old mouse to a corresponding shape.

New mouse is actually flat-based, which means it wobbles terribly on the dome-shaped Ratpadz. It's so totally high-centered that you can spin the mouse like a top (only the center touches, not any of the 4 corners. That pad is THAT out of shape)

I ask again, is there any way to get these things flat? I've man-handled them over-and-over again, but they always revert back to some type of warp...

I have to say the XT is the best mousepad I have ever owned. Used to have a GS for a long time and kept wearing out, got the XT and the surface texture is still going strong YEARS of gaming later. THANK YOU!

Is the company still active?

I have been trying to contact them for international order via official web contact page and emailing kyle, with no response so far:(

Never mind. It seems ratpadz has went out of business.

Last edited:
no, site is back up. just the price is $25 again. Didn't proceed to check out to see if it drops the price though.

I just got my order (Ratpadz XT x 2) delivered to EU. It took me a while to get a response from Linda but eventually i got it and all went smooth. Paid 65$ for my order (shipping was 25$ i think). Considering the quality and performance of the mouse pad I think it's a bargain.

Thumbs up!

Edit Update:

I finally got all my issues solved and a new ratzpad. Thanks.

Last edited:
My wife came to me and said she loved the mousepad on my PC -- my trusty Ratpadz XT that I bought in 2007. I have used this this for so many thousands of hours and it is still flawless.

I told her she could have it once I got a new mousepad. I just ordered another Ratpadz XT!

I just ordered one a month or so ago and got it. I cant complain at all. I like it. Mine did not come warped either.

So I ordered a Ratpadz XT from their website and was successfully charged on Sep. 2. I never received a confirmation email from the site. I have yet to receive my order. I sent their support a question via their site a few days ago and have not heard back. My paypal receipt shows the merchant info as KB Accessories, Inc. with email [email protected] along with their phone number of 972-731-0725.

I read that the owners of Ratpadz also own this webiste, is that true?

At what point do I need to do a chargeback? This is a first for me where a company takes me money, claims "priority mail", doesn't ship me the product, and doesn't answer my support question. (And shipping info is correct and has been for many years.)

Thanks for any info, opinions, or help.

EDIT: Another day of mail, nothing from Ratpadz. No return email, no reply to my support question, a phone number that just rings and noone answers. Thought that I had read the reviews and done my homework, but it turns out they are just a scam now. I don't think I should give it through monday because USPS priority mail is 1-3 days nationwide. Which means that would have given them 10 days to process the order, 10 days to put a Ratpadz in an envelope and put it in the mail... which means it's just scam.

EDIT #2: 2 weeks later. Chargeback complete, merchant blocked. I would just offer to anyone else interested, avoid their webiste. You can't take money from someone then go dark on communication, no answer to email, phone, or support ticket.

Last edited:
It appears there is an issue with the website, when I click "Add to Cart" nothing at all happens, tried with both Chrome and IE.

Any new info as to what is happening on ratpadz's webite?

I have not seen an issue. Just ordered one.

Thank you for your order.

Name
Kyle Bennett
Date
November 9, 2015, 8:34 pm
Email
[email protected]
Order Number
Items Ordered
Ratpadz XT (1 @ $25 ea) $25 - Shipping $0.00 - Total $25
Amount Paid
$25

Maybe this is browser specific? I am using Chrome.

So I ordered a Ratpadz XT from their website and was successfully charged on Sep. 2. I never received a confirmation email from the site. I have yet to receive my order. I sent their support a question via their site a few days ago and have not heard back. My paypal receipt shows the merchant info as KB Accessories, Inc. with email [email protected] along with their phone number of 972-731-0725.

At what point do I need to do a chargeback? This is a first for me where a company takes me money, claims "priority mail", doesn't ship me the product, and doesn't answer my support question. (And shipping info is correct and has been for many years.)

EDIT: Another day of mail, nothing from Ratpadz. No return email, no reply to my support question, a phone number that just rings and noone answers. Thought that I had read the reviews and done my homework, but it turns out they are just a scam now. I don't think I should give it through monday because USPS priority mail is 1-3 days nationwide. Which means that would have given them 10 days to process the order, 10 days to put a Ratpadz in an envelope and put it in the mail... which means it's just scam.

EDIT #2: 2 weeks later. Chargeback complete, merchant blocked. I would just offer to anyone else interested, avoid their webiste. You can't take money from someone then go dark on communication, no answer to email, phone, or support ticket.

Wish you would have PM'd or email me, I could have handled it all. Sorry about that.

[email protected]

Is there anyway to purchase new rubber feets? My xt's feets have started to peel off. Purchased it on February 9, 2012 if that helps.

Send Linda a message using this form.

http://ratpadz.com/contact.php

She will give you the address to send a SASE to. We will mail you back extra feet and no charge. Let us know how many you need if it is beyond 2 or 3.

PM me your information and I will get one out to free of charge, sorry for your issues.

It's been a week since I sent their customer service a message regarding the 7 extra feet I needed for my xt with no reply. I wouldn't have mind if they couldn't send the feet but at least let me know about it and I would have then just order a new one. Guess their service really went down hill, not even sure I would get a mouse pad if I order one at this point, just like what happened to bopbopaloo. Also noticed that firefox seems to have issues loading their website, chrome works fine though.

I used to have one of original ones years ago when they first came out. Need to get me another one

It's been a week since I sent their customer service a message regarding the 7 extra feet I needed for my xt with no reply. I wouldn't have mind if they couldn't send the feet but at least let me know about it and I would have then just order a new one. Guess their service really went down hill, not even sure I would get a mouse pad if I order one at this point, just like what happened to bopbopaloo. Also noticed that firefox seems to have issues loading their website, chrome works fine though.

All this was solved quite a while, sorry for no update here.

When the current inventory of Ratpadz is gone, we will produce no more. End of life and getting out of the mousepad business. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back