Ratpadz - shipping is still FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded from the GS to an XT. Worlds of difference. Definitely well worth the difference in price.

Bump..but I've been meaning to ask for a long time now but I never got to it. I got an XT ages ago, but the surface of it basically worn down the feet on my MX510. I'm assuming this wasn't supposed to happen?

EDIT: actually ignore my question for now.. I didn't even think about searching through this thread first to see if anyone else had the same problem.

wow just found this thread with all these good things I've gone ahead and ordered an XT.

Well, this was a bit disappointing.... I began using my RatPadz XT on 08-27-2009, and now just 16 months later, it's worn out to the point that it's no-longer usable.

The problem isn't immediately obvious from a visual inspection, as the pad is still textured and still feels rough. My mouse, on the other hand, can immediately tell that there's something wrong with it. It's doing exactly what it did when my last mouse pad wore out, it's not tracking near the center of the mouse pad.

Now, on my previous mouse pad, the ware pattern was visually obvious. The middle of the pad was shiny while the edges were matte. The textured surface of the RatPadz helps hide the ware spot, but it's obviously still there. If you hold the RatPadz up to a harsh light you can see all the little "peaks" on the textured surface are shiny near the center of the pad, which makes my mouse completely unable to track on the surface (It either doesn't register motion at all, or jerks badly)

Are these mouse pads really that short-lived? Is there anything that can be done for my RatPadz, or is it now garbage? Are there any tougher pads that wont have this problem?

Same thing happened to my mouse pad. It works well everywhere along the edges, but not in the middle.

I contacted customer support back during summer of 2010 and I was told I probably did something wrong to the pad or my mouse wore it down.

wow just found this thread with all these good things I've gone ahead and ordered an XT.

Got my XT today! Followed the advice, and used pledge on it. Amazing! There is pretty much 0 friction. Feeels very strong. Glad I bought one.

Received my XT today and the only thing I regret is not ordering one sooner. If you're sitting on the fence about purchasing one, pull a Humpty Dumpty and get it!

I just ordered one (XT) and got it in, but mine is slightly warped. It wobbles on a surface as one of the corners is pulled up.

Can these be bent back into shape? They seem pretty indestructible. Not sure what my puny arms can do to this thing.

Maybe I should just PM/email Kyle/Ratpadz.

yes you can bend it back, I used about 40lbs of textbooks(thank you college....) to get it nice and level

Had an XT about two years ago before I gave my whole desktop:)() to my brother when I left for college. Now, I built another desktop and am currently using a QcK+. I'm probably going to get another soon because of the positive experience I had with my older one

Ugh! I wish I saw this two days ago. I ordered a Steelseries 4D.. I guess I'll test it out and see if it worth keeping or not.

yes you can bend it back, I used about 40lbs of textbooks(thank you college....) to get it nice and level

I have tried this with no luck =( Anyone else have any suggestions before I boil the heck out of it and make ramen?

sweet you cant beat cheaper ram, cheap ram = good ram, especially when its a good brand of ram! or reputable company.sweet deal on the ram :D

My XT is still going strong almost four years after I bought it (and started this thread). I think I've lost a couple feet though, lol. Gonna have to do something about that soon...

I have tried this with no luck =( Anyone else have any suggestions before I boil the heck out of it and make ramen?

You can definitely put it in hot water to make it more pliable - we used to do that with the original Ratpadz back in the day.

Another tip people may not know:

Treating your Ratpadz with certain products can enhance it's slickness. Rain-X was popular back in the day but you can also use Pledge or Armor-All.

I use pledge on mine, I love being able to blow my G9X across the surface. One light push and it keeps moving till it slides off the pad like butter on a hot skillet.

I still have 2x xt still going rock solid and a GS that is worn out but I brought it into work because standard mouse pads suck. I will be ordering a couple more xts since I love these... My First one is 13+ years old and still working great.

HTH,
Charlie

Did anyone that recently ordered get their Ratpadz? It's been a while since I placed my order and now the website is closed down stating they are not shipping any more.

Did anyone that recently ordered get their Ratpadz? It's been a while since I placed my order and now the website is closed down stating they are not shipping any more.

I'm in the same boat. I placed my order April 2nd and other than the confirmation email with the order number I've not heard a peep from Ratpadz besides the new message on the home page stating they are not taking any orders until the 20th.

I have tried to contact him multiple times. Twice via their contact page on the Ratpadz site and via the email addresses he has posted in this thread and the one stickied in Hot deals. Not one single reply.

Wow that's not like these guys at all. They're dependable and usually really fast with orders. I suggest they get in here ASAP and fix the issue.

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to [email protected] which is the contact e-mail with their paypal, but no reply.

I'm in Canada and I've been waiting about 2 weeks, and if it hasn't shipped yet, that's another two weeks from when it actually does shipt :(

I sent MajorDomo a PM and he said he'd get a hold of Kyle - hopefully you guys hear something back soon.

Ratpadz is currently closed for shipping and will be taking orders again on April 20th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The server that the system is on got hacked and was set back up and I did not have access. It took me a few days to get the message up on the front page. If you want your money back, mail me the complete transaction information, and I will get you a refund. [email protected]

I sent an e-mail to [email protected] which is the contact e-mail with their paypal, but no reply.

I'm in Canada and I've been waiting about 2 weeks, and if it hasn't shipped yet, that's another two weeks from when it actually does shipt :(

All order were shipped out before close of shipping, so if you have been waiting two full weeks, there is something else wrong. As mentioned below. Give me your full transaction information and I can get you a full refund. Or you can wait till the 20th, sorry for the screw up.

Whats the deal with shipping on these? I ordered one April 3rd, received confirmation but haven't received it yet. So will it ship on the 20th now? Or do I need to get a refund?

Whats the deal with shipping on these? I ordered one April 3rd, received confirmation but haven't received it yet. So will it ship on the 20th now? Or do I need to get a refund?

They were supposedly shipped before shipping was closed down but I didn't get mine. I would confirm with someone that your pad will actually be shipped on the 20th, otherwise get a refund like I personally have.

so is it safe to order an XT again? I've got a G9x in the mail and need a [H]ard pad...

Yes it's safe. Got my new XT last week. I like it very much, and it's right at home next to the new Rosewill. :D

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back