Ratpadz - shipping is still FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recieved the gs and its quite sturdy imho and my mouse just glides across it, by far the best pad ive owned:D

Just got my XT works great. Only thing I did not like is how dirty it was when it arrived. Not a huge complaint by any means.

Just got my XT works great. Only thing I did not like is how dirty it was when it arrived. Not a huge complaint by any means.

Just using a little Windex and a paper towel will clean it right up. It works for me when my XT gets a little grimy.

Anybody know about how long shipping is? I ordered over the weekend and live in So Cal but haven't got them yet :( (Not that I can remember if I had them shipped to work or home though, LOL)

Anybody know about how long shipping is? I ordered over the weekend and live in So Cal but haven't got them yet :( (Not that I can remember if I had them shipped to work or home though, LOL)

Shipping is done via USPS Priority Mail, which is usually 2 - 3 days (but not guaranteed). Assuming it was shipped Monday I'd look for it today or tomorrow.

You are looking for a big flat USPS Priority Mail envelope, by the way. :)

Dirt: We clean the Ratpadz before they ship, but sometimes if they get the hell shaken out of them in transit, the inside of the envelope will abrade and leave them dusty. Only solution to that is to go to a an expensive shipping option, which we do not want to pass along. Windex works fine....but Pledge is the bomb! ;)

Shipping: Shipping with USPS Priority is up to 5 days at the very corners of the country from Dallas. The pads are shipped daily from here if your order is in before 9am or 10am that day. They go out daily through the major hub in Dallas, and that is why we see them make some crazy quick transit times.

Thanks for the support guys! We are here to please.

Sweet, I can't wait to get them. I think I had them sent to work, so maybe I'll see them here before I leave.

So I just got them(I guess I did have them sent to work after all) and they are sweet! Great work Kyle, I love these things already!

Just got my XT today as well. Awesome pad! I'm very happy with it. It glides very nicely and feels like it will last a long time.

I've tried a few different pads and this one is the best so far.

Maybe it's my desk, or maybe it's my Logitech lazer mouse, but I haven't seen the need for a mouse pad in years. Anybody notice any difference with this thing that has a lazer mouse?

I remember having a ratpad years ago, and I remember it wearing down and building up plastic residue on my mouse. This is a great deal though!

I was using my desk at work with no mouse pad and my MS laser mouse. The XT feels a lot nicer than the desk surface. And the desk I have at work is very smooth. The XT kind of makes my mouse feel like its on air.

The GS is a lightweight molded plastic piece with a texture stamped onto the top part of the pad. This texture will wear down over a certain amount of time and then your mouse won't glide as smoothly on the GS as it once did. The GS will last 2 or 3 years of occasional gaming, or about 1 year if you're a heavy gamer.

The XT may look similar but it is a completely different beast. The texture is obtained differently than the GS (it's much much more durable), and the mousepad is CNC milled from a solid sheet of resin-like material. The XT is nearly indestructible and is solid and heavy and tends to stay where you put it. The XT really is a lot better than the GS IMO, and if you're considering buying a Ratpadz I would encourage you to go straight for the XT.

Interesting to know. I got some Ratpadz GS free at a DoD LAN a while back and I wore them down pretty fast, not as fast as the junky Steelpad 4D I got (also free) at the CPL, but still too fast for my taste.

I love the way the hard pads work at first, but I was so annoyed with the weardown time I just went back to my trusty ancient Allsop cloth pad. I might give the XT a go if it really does last.

Interesting to know. I got some Ratpadz GS free at a DoD LAN a while back and I wore them down pretty fast, not as fast as the junky Steelpad 4D I got (also free) at the CPL, but still too fast for my taste.

I love the way the hard pads work at first, but I was so annoyed with the weardown time I just went back to my trusty ancient Allsop cloth pad. I might give the XT a go if it really does last.

That is what you get for $10 and free shipping. :) The GS pad is not made for hardcore gamers.

I have the Icemat now, i just ordered a GS...i figured i would use the gs till it wears down, just to try it out, ill get the XT if i really like it

Anyone have experience with the icemat also? if they like it better/worse than the ratpadz?

The icemat is super slick, but I have to windex it twice a day..because just even the slightest dust on the glass makes it scratch along.

haha kyle, i just saw an add on the bottom of hardforum, talking about the GS, ill get more headshots :)....and its for the hardcore gamer

sooooooo do i believe you or the advertisement?

either way im happy to by 2, if i like the first one

I just bought an XT to replace my old GS that I've had for a while. It's pretty worn out, and I'm looking forward to trying out the XT. Thanks for the deal!

I just placed my order for the XT. My logitech 510 cordless mouse is starting to "jump around" on my WoW BC collectors edition cloth mousepad. I like slick, but I hope it's optical tracking properties are good. Now when will the [H] T-shirts be available?

mine should be at my house today when i get home from work, ill edit this post to let you guys know what i think

edit

Just got the GS in....I put my icemat in a drawer, and it will probably never see the light aday again..this thing is badass.

The construction is kinda cheap..im sure the XT is better...but it was 10 bux...and all i wanted for that was the surface, and it is perfect

sooo much easier to move the mouse

I ordered an XT a few weeks ago and ended up using it for my laptop since I wanted a hard surface if I'm playing BF2 while it's hooked up to the TV. I liked it enough to order another one for the desktop. The curve makes it fit perfectly on my keyboard tray if I turn it sideways and the keyboard still sits flat.

Definitely better than the cloth pad I was using. Never thought I'd spend $40 on mouse pads, but the surface is so much better than what I've been using for the last ten years I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying one much sooner.

I received three of the original Ratpadz from Kyle sometime in 1999 or 2000 for photographing my cat in my windowed PC case. Yes, you read that right. Anyway, I gave 2 away and I'm still using the 3rd one today. While its worn down in the center, it still serves its purpose. But after nearly 10 years of abuse, I think it's time I bought a new one. :) Cheers Kyle!

I just placed my order for the XT. My logitech 510 cordless mouse is starting to "jump around" on my WoW BC collectors edition cloth mousepad. I like slick, but I hope it's optical tracking properties are good. Now when will the [H] T-shirts be available?

Not to kill off any sales for us, but I would suggest cleaning the optical sensor on the bottom of the mouse. Get you a q-tip and some alcohol...

I received three of the original Ratpadz from Kyle sometime in 1999 or 2000 for photographing my cat in my windowed PC case. Yes, you read that right. Anyway, I gave 2 away and I'm still using the 3rd one today. While its worn down in the center, it still serves its purpose. But after nearly 10 years of abuse, I think it's time I bought a new one. :) Cheers Kyle!

I am still on a the "bad guy" list with PETA for that. ;)

Thanks for the deal. I loved the GS while it lasted :(

I am looking forward to having the XT last a LONG time :)

That just sounds wrong....:confused:

It's awesome. I work on a computer all day and I bring it to work with me every day to use. People sit down to work on my computer and go "this mouse pad is amazing!".

OMG, tracking is awesome with the XT, movement is fluid - light touch - perfect. Why are you reading this! go order one now! thanks for the surface Kyle! best 20 I ever spent. (including the whole hookers and blow thing too)

Alright, I bit. I just ordered the XT...

But I still want a bigger version of this pad!

I just ordered an XT :) cant wait to try it out. I am using some small worn out circle one right now

I recommended this to 2 of my buddies and they liked it!! if only i could unload my 5L steel mouse pad for a price, I would gladly try this mouse pad!!!

Got it, love it, but it's a bit smaller than what I would like.

Kyle, PM me when you make a larger XT, I'll buy the first one. :D

I'm still not sure if I really like this pad (the XT). I mean, it's great for all of the hundreds of reasons mentioned by others but it still annoys me sometimes. When I try to double click my mouse tends to slide ever so slightly which causes my double click to be ignored. The same thing tends to happen when its just a single click on a link or something.

I can't tell you how many times I'll be sitting there wondering why a page isn't loading and then I'll realize that it didn't recognize that I had clicked the link because as I was clicking it the mouse moved just a little bit.

Oh well, I'm still pleased I guess.

I'm still not sure if I really like this pad (the XT). I mean, it's great for all of the hundreds of reasons mentioned by others but it still annoys me sometimes. When I try to double click my mouse tends to slide ever so slightly which causes my double click to be ignored. The same thing tends to happen when its just a single click on a link or something.

I can't tell you how many times I'll be sitting there wondering why a page isn't loading and then I'll realize that it didn't recognize that I had clicked the link because as I was clicking it the mouse moved just a little bit.

Oh well, I'm still pleased I guess.

I am not really following why your mouse moving is the fault of our Ratpadz XT, but I will happily buy it back at the full purchase price and pay shipping back to us so that you have had lost not a single cent. And if you are not happy with it, quite frankly I would rather buy it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back