Ratpadz GS, got mine today my impressions inside

[H]ard|Gawd
Its certainly not moving around on my desk, thats good. Its got a nice "glide" to it for my optical mouse, good but not really better than my blank desk. Its freaking huge , thats a good thing.. But somebody , either newegg or manufacturer put the serial number tag on the logo, and when it came off it left nasty sticker residue allover, thats bad. I don't think it makes my mouse and more accurate, and thats what the advertising led me to believe, thats not good. It certainly looks durable , thats a good thing.

I think it would probably be the ultimate ball mousepad, since its got a funky grippy texture to it, but I'm not sure how the surface benifits optical mices. just thought some of you might want to know, since their on sale at the egg for 13$.

No mouse pad is going to make your mouse more "accurate". Its just going to increase/decrease friction/slide etc. That ratpad mat will be all worn out in a month. My XTRAC hard surface mat wore out in a month, what a shitty mouse pad that was. No one buy xtrac hard surface mouse pads. ever.

my friend has a ratpadz and he has had it for a long time, seems to hold up pretty well :) i have been thinking of getting one, but my old cloth mouse pad fits well into my lan bag :)

Saying it will wear out in a month is a gross overstatement. I've had mine for ~4 months and its not worn out. Of course, ALL mouse pads will get worn out sooner or later.

Also, what may be "worn out" to one user is perfectly useable to another.

Personally, i think i would be hard pressed to find a finer mousepad for ~10 bucks.

Mine took about 6 months or so to wear out where it wasn't smooth in the center anymore and actually inhibited movements across the mat. To only a small degree. It was more annoying than anything else.

Almost any high-end plastic pad is better than a GS. fUnc, X-Ray, Steelpad S&S, etc.

I still use the 1st generation Ratpadz everyday and it hasnt wore out. I have the GS as bachup if it does but its been like 3-4 years now.

my ratpad GS was the best mouse pad i've ever used new. After 3 months of use, i could probably get better use out of using a sheet of sandpaper for a mousepad than the Ratpad GS.

With that said. Func 1030 is a great mousepad.

If ratpadz lasted longer than 3 months, i would definitely still use one. Sadly they don't

Back