ratpadz and lachesis won't play nice

psychowes

Weaksauce
if I use my lachesis on my ratpadz XT, randomly my cursor will jump to the left side of the screen, and other times, when i am scrolling to the side, it is like im hitting a "wall" and the cursor will only move up and down, but not to the side im scrolling.

all this goes away when I put a magazine inbetween the mouse pad and mouse :eek:

all the firmware and drivers are up to date, and i've cleaned the mousepad and bottom of the mouse off many times.

This is actually my second lachesis, my first one did the same thing too.

has this happened to anyone else, or anyone have any other suggestions? thanks

It's probably as simple as the sensor not being able to track well on the pad if you've had two Lachesis' that did it.

I've seen laser mice have trouble with very black surfaces. If that's the case, then you need a mouse pad that isn't so black, or an optical mouse as opposed to a laser mouse.

I had this combo and there were horrible tracking issues. I ended up getting a G500 to replace the Lachesis. Then when the Ratpadz wore out (was a GS), I got a Razer Goliathus, which plays nicely with the Lachesis. I've read it from multiple places as well, that the Lachesis (or the TwinEye in general) has a problem with black plastic pads.

Back