Rated M - A multiplayer Cards Against Humanity featuring picture cards

Are we allowed to self promote in here? If not, I apologize, and please take this down. Otherwise...

I released my first Android game today called Rated M. It's based on Cards Against Humanity. What really sets it apart from Cards Against Humanity is the ability to submit picture cards. Using a built in image search, players can respond to black cards with any picture they can find on the internet. The possibilities are endless!

It also includes 2,058 text cards from the official game, including the base deck and all expansions. *

The game is 100% free. No ads, no in app purchases. If you'd like to support a fellow [H] and help an indie dev get some recognition, I'd *greatly* appreciate it if you left a play store review, after evaluating the game of course. And if you have any friends who might be interested, please share!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.silentbyte.ratedm

8ZvQK0L.jpg

6fv5A1z.jpg

R1eHTip.jpg

FOSePtJ.jpg

aTWdPfv.jpg

xDzWoFB.jpg

wfUXEam.jpg

Word of warning. This is an online multiplayer game which relies on the input of others to keep the game moving. Playing with strangers is notoriously unreliable. There are configurable timeouts which will auto pick or skip unresponsive players, but still, I highly recommend playing against friends that you know for the best experience.

If you enjoy this game, please consider supporting Cards Against Humanity as well: https://cardsagainsthumanity.com

* In order to comply with the Creative Commons License and the wishes of the Cards Against Humanity team, all cards are stored on a separate web server. This ensures that no Cards Against Humanity content is hosted on the Google Play Store.

Last edited:

Doh! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.silentbyte.ratedm

Just to reiterate... You're not going to have much luck playing against strangers. It's going to be so much better if you have friends you can play against.
It's unfortunate because people install the app, jump in a random game, find out that nobody's playing, and then rate it one star saying "this app sucks!" before even having the opportunity to play against active players.

Doh! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.silentbyte.ratedm

Just to reiterate... You're not going to have much luck playing against strangers. It's going to be so much better if you have friends you can play against.
It's unfortunate because people install the app, jump in a random game, find out that nobody's playing, and then rate it one star saying "this app sucks!" before even having the opportunity to play against active players.

I'm sure you've see Cardcast as well, which is the same game with lots of custom card packs from other users. This used to be our go-to game with friends visiting on our TV with Chromecast support. If you could implement Chromecast support, this is the perfect game for that kind of venue. You could easily improve upon their implementation too just by adding some kind of score cap for each game/round too, since Cardcast just makes you keep playing forever until everyone gets tired of playing. Your interface and features in general already look a lot better, but Chromecast support is kind of a crucial feature to have with this game IMO.

I'm sure you've see Cardcast as well, which is the same game with lots of custom card packs from other users. This used to be our go-to game with friends visiting on our TV with Chromecast support. If you could implement Chromecast support, this is the perfect game for that kind of venue. You could easily improve upon their implementation too just by adding some kind of score cap for each game/round too, since Cardcast just makes you keep playing forever until everyone gets tired of playing. Your interface and features in general already look a lot better, but Chromecast support is kind of a crucial feature to have with this game IMO.

Yeah, Chromecast support would be nice, but this can still be played in real time with friends, as long as they have Android phones that is. Thanks for the feedback, I will keep it in mind.

For anyone who downloaded this, would you mind leaving a quick review? I'm trying to offset some of the idiots who say "this game sucks nobody plays!" and rate it one star without even giving it a fair chance. Play it with friends! I assure you, it can be very fun, especially with the picture cards.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Back