Rate these 3 SSD's in terms of real-world performance

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I have a Corsair Force GT, Kingston HyperX 3K, and a Sandisk Extreme SSD. All 120GB. For basic use, such as word processing and internet browsing, how would you rate these 3 in terms of performance?

Thanks!

I had the corsair and the sandisk..I haven't noticed to any Performance Difference.

take what's cheaper.

·PitBuLL·;1039429228 said:
I own all 3. Two to install, one to give to my friend.

so...give him what's cheaper ? lol

i am not sure about kingston, but sandisk and corsiar are great companies to deal with if something happent to any of the drives.

I had a Kingston SSD v100 I think. It was 120gb. Went dead on me in the first month of use. Was rock solid, then a few blue screens, then boom wouldn't boot one day.

The SanDisk uses toggle NAND so it will bench faster, but otherwise the three are using the same controller and should be pretty close to identical in real-world performance.

So I would install on the SanDisk and flip a coin on which of the others to give away.

Note the SanDisk likely needs a firmware update.

The Kingston is good for 3,000 P/E cycles while the others are good for 5,000, but that is also generally irrelevant.

im partial toward the Hypers, just get the best deal, you really can't go wrong either way

i have one hyper in my htpc and so far its pretty awesome , build real world performence i think all 3 of those are about the same , not enough to tell by just eyeballing , unless you benchmark to get exact numbers.

Sandisk Extreme uses Toggle flash while the other two use synchronous. The HyperX 3K is rated for 3,000 P/E cycles and I believe the Force GT is rated for the same amount but I'm not sure. Performance in the real world should be identical between all three.

One good thing about Kingston is that they put thermal pads on the memory of all of their SSDs. In theory it should improve the lifespan of their drives, though I'm also not sure about this. It's nice that they go the extra mile.

Back