Rate my PS2 collection so far.

CastletonSnob

Weaksauce
I got a PS2 earlier this year. What do you think of my collection so far?

20211015_170946.jpg

20211015_171017.jpg

10/10 cause it works for Steam reviews.

You have ICO so I'll give it a 7/10. You're off to a good start!

By "Earlier this year" when did you start?

Last edited:
6 out of 9, would've been lower because of FFX, but you were saved because of Ico

6 out of 9, would've been lower because of FFX, but you were saved because of Ico

Yeah, FFX is incredibly overrated (because DVD-quality boobs in every UNSKIPPABKLE cutscene = massive sales!)

The war against having more than 3 characters on screen goes into overdrive on this one (with the "invented for this game only" Wakka-only airbornes, along with the additional a new water element making spells-only highly-required for basic combat for the first time!)

This means you end up switching the party out every fucking battle during grinding (sometimes multiple times, if you need to heal) Why the fuck they felt like they couldn't give us 4 -member party AGAIN (FF5, FF3, FF2, FF1 comes to mind?)

And X-II was even worse - they invented a woman party memvber out of thin air, and just tossed the entire Sphere Grid to the side for "Something completely Broken"

It just gets a massive pass from ignorant fanboys bevcause it's their last turn-based title.

Last edited:
Those Persona 4 and Ratchet and Clank boxes looks absolutely nothing like the real boxes. I'm mostly curious as to what their boxes look like.

What's left of my PS2 library:
bELH6-AVbIqxACJKLyS1aqlg=w2595-h1946-no?authuser=0.jpg

ZvkNsYs5BQQqoGxjTnQCJsYB=w2595-h1946-no?authuser=0.jpg

g6ZOIHqXogF37AE3g70E61BV=w1460-h1946-no?authuser=0.jpg

Lost quite a few games in an unfortunate moving accident, sold a bunch to friends and a bunch of other dumb stuff that happens when you're young and don't care about your stuff. I'm missing some super obvious ones, like the GTAs, Metal Gear Solids, ZOE, etc. that I know I did own at some point.

I also have a modded PS2, so I know that a lot of the games i'm currently "missing" I ripped to the PS2 hard drive and then sold them. I don't even know if that hard drive that's been sitting my in PS2 for decades still functions. I should probably find out.

Those Persona 4 and Ratchet and Clank boxes looks absolutely nothing like the real boxes. I'm mostly curious as to what their boxes look like.

View attachment 404264
View attachment 404265
View attachment 404266
Lost quite a few games in an unfortunate moving accident, sold a bunch to friends and a bunch of other dumb stuff that happens when you're young and don't care about your stuff. I'm missing some super obvious ones, like the GTAs, Metal Gear Solids, ZOE, etc. that I know I did own at some point.

I also have a modded PS2, so I know that a lot of the games i'm currently "missing" I ripped to the PS2 hard drive and then sold them. I don't even know if that hard drive that's been sitting my in PS2 for decades still functions. I should probably find out.
Rogue Galaxy and Shadow Hearts.

nice.gif

View attachment 404264
View attachment 404265
View attachment 404266

Yeah, P4 in decent condition in its original case with the included soundtrack disc----probably fetches a bit of cash nowadays.

Yeah, P4 in decent condition in its original case with the included soundtrack disc----probably fetches a bit of cash nowadays.
Quite a few of the titles that I own are actually worth quite a bit of money these days. All the .Hack games are extremely valuable. As a set I could probably get well over $500 for them.

Both Raidou Kuzunoha games are also about $150 each.

https://www.pricecharting.com/conso...exclude-variants=false&exclude-hardware=false

Honestly my PS2 collection doesn't have much on my SNES or PS1 collection, which are easily worth thousands.

View attachment 404264
View attachment 404265
View attachment 404266

This thread has my current collection.
I HAD more, a long time ago, but back then I wasn't in the mood to keep things, so I sold them.
This year alone I've grown quite the collection. OP, keep at it!

I HAD more, a long time ago, but back then I wasn't in the mood to keep things, so I sold them.
sigh, someday i'll spend a small amount of money to access the rest of the forums, but today is not that day.

Haunting Ground is worth some cash

Similarly, so is Rule of Rose.

Haunting Ground is worth some cash

Similarly, so is Rule of Rose.
I found Haunting Ground for $1!
It was disc only, I printed the insert and put it in a DVD case. I'll eventually get the real insert and manual, but until then, it works. I'm for sure keeping an eye out for Rule of Rose, I really hope I stumble upon it one day.

sigh, someday i'll spend a small amount of money to access the rest of the forums, but today is not that day.

Do eet! (Not today, maybe tomorrow.)

I noticed that also. Good eye. But it at least works for it's intended use. THE Fonts are JUST LARGER.

Back