https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/30/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-is-coming-to-pc-on-july-26/

Ray-traced shadows and reflections.

PC Features​

• Blast your way through an interdimensional adventure as Ratchet and Clank make their way to PC for the very first time!
  • Wrap your eyes around delightful, diverse dimensions, with ultra-wide support for 21:9, 32:9, and 48:9 (triple monitor support) resolutions!*
  • See the omniverse brought to life with the option of unlocked frame rates! You can also enjoy ray-traced reflections, as well as newly added, ray-traced shadows for exteriors.**
  • Witness the very latest, performance-enhancing upscaling technologies for yourself, including NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS and Insomniac Games’ Temporal Injection. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.
  • Choose from a wide variety of graphics quality options to tailor to a wide range of devices, all the way from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.
  • Play with the DualSense™ controller to experience haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects.*** Or choose mouse and keyboard – with a wide range of control customization options.
  • Includes support for achievements and cloud saves on PC game launchers.
More to be revealed closer to release.

1685460685444.png

so 2 years and 1 month after the initial PS5 release...so far the quickest turnarounds have been Last of Us: Part 1 (a little over 6 months) and Returnal (1 year and 10 months)

I'm usually not into platforming games but Ratchet and Clank got a lot of great reviews so I might give it a shot...should look even better on PC with the exclusive RT shadows...I'm guessing another $59.99 price

I wonder if it will have loading screens on PC. The PS5 version was pretty much seemless if I recall.

I wonder if it will have loading screens on PC. The PS5 version was pretty much seemless if I recall.
I imagine that it will leverage DirectStorage. The seamless nature of the game is pretty much necessary for it to play properly. We'll see what they will compromise on for people without DirectStorage or if it will be a requirement.

I don't own a PS5, but always admired how cool the latest Ratchet and Clank game looked, like super cool.

How does that transition to a keyboard + mouse?

Would probably look really cool on my AW3423DW.

I don't own a PS5, but always admired how cool the latest Ratchet and Clank game looked, like super cool.

How does that transition to a keyboard + mouse?

Would probably look really cool on my AW3423DW.
The game has a lot of shooting, so I'd imagine really well.

Glad to see it come, kind of unexpected and sudden. Hopefully it is not buggy.

Certainly not my preferred game. Really want Horizon Forbidden West and Last of Us 2. I assume TLOU2 will be a while, they will probably do a remaster for PC.

I already have it on PS5 so I'll wait for a sale. Good game though, it looked good in performance mode on PS5 (I think dynamic 1440p 60fps upscaled to 4k) so it'll probably be amazing maxed at 4k. I just picked up Sackboy on PC since it was under $30 now. I'll probably do the same for most Sony games on PC.

Damn, glad i got it to play it for free with my PS PLUS subscription.

Great game!

I'm really excited to see this game hit the PC and I would love if this does well and Sony decides to port over the older titles as well. If Returnal didn't already do it, I think this ends up fully confirming at least the Sony part of that Nvidia leak from some time ago.

Looks really fantastic. If it wasn't for the fact that my ghetto 1080 Ti can't take advantage of RTX effects, I would happily buy and play this at release.

I'm curious to see how this sells on PC...platformers aren't usually big sellers...Sackboy seemed like a dud on PC...Sackboy doesn't have the same legacy as Ratchet and Clank (and it did have major stuttering issues at launch) so hopefully this does better (Nixxes doing the port also helps- they did the Spider-Man/Miles Morales PC ports)

I'm curious to see how this sells on PC...platformers aren't usually big sellers...Sackboy seemed like a dud on PC...Sackboy doesn't have the same legacy as Ratchet and Clank (and it did have major stuttering issues at launch) so hopefully this does better (Nixxes doing the port also helps- they did the Spider-Man/Miles Morales PC ports)
This isn't a platformer, though. That would be like saying the Star Wars Jedi games are platformers.

If Sony actually markets it correctly it should sell. Though I suspect the $60 price will turn some people off.

The main thing of note here is this is a PS5 only game, which essentially confirms Sony's intentions of porting over newer games hasn't changed. I am of course disappointed because it wasn't Forbidden West. I had hoped it would be announced for mid to late summer but I think that is slipping away.

The main thing of note here is this is a PS5 only game, which essentially confirms Sony's intentions of porting over newer games hasn't changed. I am of course disappointed because it wasn't Forbidden West. I had hoped it would be announced for mid to late summer but I think that is slipping away.
Forbidden West may still be on that original 2-year strategy they had for PC releases. We may yet still see an announcement later this year, but given the proximity to the release date for this it may not come until next year (PS4/5 release date was February 18, 2022).

Forbidden West may still be on that original 2-year strategy they had for PC releases. We may yet still see an announcement later this year, but given the proximity to the release date for this it may not come until next year (PS4/5 release date was February 18, 2022).

February 2024 was always my guess for Forbidden West on PC...the Burning Shores expansion only recently came out so no way they're going to release it on PC that soon...

One of the best R&C's to date. May have to get it on PC just to play again with ultrawide and RT.

Minimum specs list HDD, so the game will run on one. I can't imagine it will run very well, though.

View attachment 583064

Nixxes, I have faith 🤞

That said, I'm good on specs 👌

I also don't care about nor will play this lol

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PC will also be the first DirectStorage 1.2 game with GPU Decompression! (y)

Game literally needs it I think (to 'run well'/not just on low) as seen by specs

Will be a good demo/benchmark game I think

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PC will also be the first DirectStorage 1.2 game with GPU Decompression! (y)
Good point. I wonder how well it will work with an HDD since the latest version seems to have unbelievable improvements for spinners.

does Sony really need to price all their PC ports at $59.99?...that is preventing a lot of people from playing them at launch...instead they wait for a sale...Sackboy bombed on PC a lot of that having to do with the launch price...I still haven't bought Returnal yet (mainly because of the performance issues- stuttering), Legacy of Thieves etc...I doubt I'm going to pick up Ratchet at $60 either

does Sony really need to price all their PC ports at $59.99?...that is preventing a lot of people from playing them at launch...instead they wait for a sale...Sackboy bombed on PC a lot of that having to do with the launch price...I still haven't bought Returnal yet (mainly because of the performance issues- stuttering), Legacy of Thieves etc...I doubt I'm going to pick up Ratchet at $60 either
No reason not to get Uncharted 4, it plays great.

I already played it on PS4...so I'm not in a rush to get that one until if falls further in price...I also didn't like UC4 as much as the first 3 UC games
That's understandable.
I myself had never played any of them which is why I bought it.
But my intention was to say if you didn't buy it because of performance reasons, there is no reason not to.

It's better than the silly $70 price. I'll pick it up up in a few months at the 50-60 price.

I played on PS5, it looked like a Pixar film, so I'm interested to see how it looks running at a higher frame rate on PC. I hope it'll be on sale by December because I'll probably buy it again. I wonder if this will have Dolby Atmos; if it uses Wwise then I assume it will. According to this it does use Wwise, so there's a chance.

The more PS5 games that come to PC with Atmos make me more salty that Sony is avoiding Atmos. I assume that sometimes there are licensing costs associated with certain technologies, but if I can use Atmos with games on a Windows PC without buying anything, then I assume Microsoft isn't footing that bill and that the license was included in the cost of my AV receiver since Dolby charges for the Atmos for headphones software. Wwise apparently makes it easy for games to use Atmos because it's often available, so I don't know why Sony isn't allowing it.

Why complain? It's great a bunch of suckers fans subsidize my hobby. Unless Gabe decides to put out HL3 I can pretty much wait out anything.

Waiting in many cases gives a much more polish experience besides at times a cheaper cost. Looks like a fun game, a change from my normal play.

I could see myself playing this as well, it's got big screen oled written all over it. I got no problem waiting for sales also. Hell, I didn't even know what HZD was until January 2022 when I first played it, got the complete edition for like $12 or something iirc. I mean I heard of it but never really looked into it.

Also though the more I wait for some games, the more I lose interest in them, like Returnal for example. Was kinda hoping to see that one get an actual discount this last sale, but still it would've been ~$50 otd. Returnal is a $20 game to me, maybe $30 max, because imo while I'm sure it's fun, it seems a little shallow to me honestly.

But I'd maybe do $30 for this here R&C possibly. The only game I've ever spent $60 on was Dawn of War III....yeah :(

Back