Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer

Movie Trailers:
The Assassination of Jesse James
Spiderwick Chronicles
Walk Hard

Wallpaper:
Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD (2)
Everyday Shooter (1)

Anyway, all the content is up (an hour and change earlier than usual! Nice, SCEA!)!
Downloading the R&C demo as we speak, currently at 12%. It was going pretty fast at first because I think I was one of the first to grab it but it's been chugging since 10%... booo...

As for Everyday Shooter, I'm not completely sold on it just yet... but I'll probably just end up getting it this weekend (lol).

Anyway, I'll be updating my post with impressions on the R&C demo.

Everyday shooter is the best $9.99 purchase I've ever made!

I don't know, SSHD was pretty awesome... and still is everytime I fire it up.:D

Anyway, about the Ratchet demo... only one word can describe it: amazing.
I've never bought any of the previous Ratchet games, but fell in love with the original's demo. For some reason, I never got around to buying the full game and before I knew it, there were like 4 games out..
Anyway, this is a definitely Day 1 purchase for me. It's friggin amazing! Graphically, nothing has ever been on this level before. Pixar quality is THE way to describe it. All that action going on in the background combined with the action going on in the foreground, and ZERO slowdown is an amazing feat as well. Resistance really helped Insomniac with programming for the PS3 (which means Resistance 2 is going to be even better lol).

My younger cousin came over while I first fired it up, and asked "What movie is this?" during the first cutscene. :D

But yeah... I love it. Gameplay is solid, fun, but a little on the easy side. Day 1 purchase!

Everyday shooter is pretty interesting. I downloaded and installed the Ratchet and Clank demo, but i havent had time to play it yet. Anyone have any more impressions from the demo? So far its getting good feedback.

No one talking about the Ratchet and Clank demo? Well, ill bite.

Basically its super beautiful and non laggy. I was amazed when i saw all the enemies onscreen plus those nuts and bolts you collect jump around and no slowdown. The game is pretty fun as well.

Conan demo is terrible, voices are off, graphics are bad, gameplay is played out and kind of meh.

^ I agree. The game is really pretty with no lag at all. I enjoyed the sense of scale the game has. You really feel like you're in a giant city while playing. I might be getting this...

Yeah, I'm bored with all of the zillions of R&C games, but this one was pretty amazing. TONS of things going on, no slowdown, and it was fun to play. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

I really liked this game as well. I thought it was pretty easy though. I wanted to get the demo disc from my local gamestop but they were out and then I saw the download. That was great.

So who bought every day shooter? It has gotten amazing reviews but I am still not sure if I should get it.

Everyday Shooter is pretty amazing IMO,
Ratchet just looks insane as everyone else said there's so much going on and no lag.

I'll be downloading all this stuff Thursday when I'm off from work, I really can't wait! :D

Can someone pleeze tell EA that it is indeed possible to make game's framerate not suck on the PS3.

Looking at you skate and NHL 08. Damn you EA damn you! :mad:

Please don't de-rail this thread :( I'd like to see some discussion about Ratchet... cause you know... with posts like this your gonna have people like DMA or Technoob come in here and won't let off why X360 runs all games better. :p

Yes I agree with you that EA needs to spend more time on their games for the PS3, but there is a time and a place for that discussion... not here :)

I'm downloading the demo and can't wait to see this run on my HDTV.!!!!

It's visually one of the most impressive games I've seen lately. It's "only" 720p, but it looks as good anything else I've seen. There's a ton of activity going on in the background, foreground, and pretty much everywhere but the game never stutters. Even when you have 30 enemies dancing or you decimate everything onscreen, it never dips below 60fps. Vsync is on while you're normally playing, but when you go into aiming mode they turn it off. That's my only (tiny) gripe. I hate screen tearing.

Yeah I am very surprised how silky smooth Ratchet plays. The graphics are downright amazing and the amount of things on screen at once is really impressive. You just want to stop and look around at the city and watch everything going on.

My only gripe is actually waiting for this game to come out! Theres something about newer age platformers that seem to be really.. really easy. Sure there are a few hard ones but most of the time they are easy. Hopefully therell be a hard mode or something.

My only gripe is actually waiting for this game to come out! Theres something about newer age platformers that seem to be really.. really easy. Sure there are a few hard ones but most of the time they are easy. Hopefully therell be a hard mode or something.

This game is tons of fun. I can't wait for the full version either. I was somewhat interested before, but after playing this, it feels like 1 solid game.

Although its only 720p it still looks really great. But I thought I had downloaded a trailer for this game off the PSN which said something about "bind blowing, jaw dropping, 1080p"... Hopefully full version is 1080p... that would be sick, if not, it still looks really nice, and its tons of fun to play!

after waiting 3 days for the download to complete. then waiting 5 or so minutes for it to install... it was very fun and i plan on buying it.

i still cant believe how separate these services feel on the ps3. i was blown away when it said install....

after waiting 3 days for the download to complete. then waiting 5 or so minutes for it to install... it was very fun and i plan on buying it.

i still cant believe how separate these services feel on the ps3. i was blown away when it said install....

Installing is like "un-zipping and installing". I'm sure they try to compress these files before you can d/l them.

It only took me about 40 min to d/l this game... and I plan on buying it too! :)

Played the Ratchet + Clank demo too, pretty awesome.

That's going to be my 3rd PS3 game purchase as I just got the system and have plenty of PS2 games that I still never finished.

I got a 60GB one for 450, and bought Folklore and Heavenly Sword to compliment it.

Loving the thing so far.

Wish I had a way to switch between DVI on the PS3 and the PC so I wouldn't have to run over component in 720P instead of DVI in 1080P

That's going to be my 3rd PS3 game purchase as I just got the system and have plenty of PS2 games that I still never finished.

I got a 60GB one for 450, and bought Folklore and Heavenly Sword to compliment it.

Loving the thing so far.

Wish I had a way to switch between DVI on the PS3 and the PC so I wouldn't have to run over component in 720P instead of DVI in 1080P

I still need to pick up HS... Loving Folklore and this Ratchet game can't come any faster :)

Loving the thing so far.

Isn't there a multi-switch that'll do that? I know I've seen switcher's that'll do HDMI. You can always get a DVI/HDMI adapter ($20) and a switcher.

Isn't there a multi-switch that'll do that? I know I've seen switcher's that'll do HDMI. You can always get a DVI/HDMI adapter ($20) and a switcher.

The ones I find are like 150$, somehow I find that way above budget to hook two devices to one monitor...

I almost feel like making it myself.

Ouch. That's insanely expensive. There are full-blown audio receivers that do that essentially HDMI switch "for free" for only $200. I remember the old game-switch devices for component cables that were $15. I guess HDMI switching isn't so easy. You might see if some of those online retailers with super-cheap ($8) HDMI cables have a solution that's within a normal price range.

Loved the R+C demo, but I've always been a big Ratchet and Clank fan, too.

It'll be my second PS3 game purchase ever, since I got the system back in July with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Nothing else really seems worth the $60, sadly...

Ouch. That's insanely expensive. There are full-blown audio receivers that do that essentially HDMI switch "for free" for only $200. I remember the old game-switch devices for component cables that were $15. I guess HDMI switching isn't so easy. You might see if some of those online retailers with super-cheap ($8) HDMI cables have a solution that's within a normal price range.

yeah i hope so... might just end up picking up a audio receiver though as I've got a 5.1 set whose audio needs to switch with the monitor too.

I guess 720P over component isn't so bad considering like 90% of games on the PS3 can only do 720P or 1080i and 720P looks leagues better than 1080i.

Depends on your native resolution. On my TV 1080i looks better. 720p looks pixelated for me.
You might look for an open-box stereo receiver. I got a high end Onkyo for 20% off. I'd guess you could get a low end one for pretty cheap.

Depends on your native resolution. On my TV 1080i looks better. 720p looks pixelated for me.
You might look for an open-box stereo receiver. I got a high end Onkyo for 20% off. I'd guess you could get a low end one for pretty cheap.

Hmm, well I found out I could solve my issue at monoprice for like 32$, which is much more what I expected, and that includes the cables and is HDCP compliant.

That's a 2x1 HDMI switch and 3 DVI-D to HDMI cables, one for the computer to switch, another for switch to monitor, and a last one for ps3 to switch.

The 150$ DVI KVM's are just stupid compared to this...

Monoprice rocks. I bought all of my HDMI cables from them. I've probably spent $40 total for 5 HDMI cables, and that's cheaper than a single cable from a normal brick & mortar store like Circuit City or Best Buy.
HDMI seems like a money pit until you hunt around for prices.

I should download that demo. I haven't played Ratchet and Clank but that was only because came out when I was mostly playing PC games and wasn't touching my consoles. It looked fun.

Just picked up 3 certified HDMI cables with gold plated connectors (not that it matters) from amazon for $3 (three dollars). In total. Plus shipping. Makes it an even $15 in total for 3 cables (yeah, they rape you on shipping).

Anyways, HDMI cables from brick and mortar stores are the biggest ripoff. Especially monster cables and the likes. It's a digital connection for gods sake....

Back