Raspberry Pi Zero $1 @ Microcenter (IN STORE PICKUP ONLY)

Fuck it I bought it. I have no use but for a buck ill find one. Or at least use it to study.

I am required by law to post this meme :cool::
d6c137af05f23efdf3819e5222190ec330f47f8db52d3e1807d0bbf6d5dce612.jpg

don't need it but for a dollar, guess i'll swing by microcenter this weekend when I head into houston.

So I picked one up, does anyone have any good videos or links to help someone get a start with these? I haven't coded in 6 years and I only did it in an entry course in college with Java. Figured now is as good a time as ever to mess with one of these

FYI, for those of you wanting more than one...

Attachments

• IMG_20160910_102707.jpg
    IMG_20160910_102707.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 295
Hell, I'd buy 1k of them and use them myself at that price. If only they didn't need stupid SD cards. BeagleBone > RPi

Hello All, Today I'm feeling lucky that I've always lived within walking distance of Fry's or MicroCenter. I stopped by the latter today to find that the Pi Zeros are still $1! I picked one up (certainly not my first) and will mail it, completely free of charge, to the first person who responds. Please do not reply if you are of similar fortunate circumstance - just giving back to the enthusiast community, as well as recognizing the incredible awesomeness of this device!! kevwaffle gmail -k

good man. I live like 45 min away from a Microcenter. I was thinking about getting one, But the cost to make it fully useable would be around the same cost as a RP 2. I held off

I literally live down the block from microcenter, and I would buy and ship it to you guys... but the price to ship it costs more than the product itself -__-

Yeah, but it also kind of helps put off motherfuckers going in and buying 100 of them and then trying to resell them on ebay/cl/etc.

They limited to 1 per household (at least for me). If I wanted to purchase more than one, they would charge $6.

But I guess people can always just walk out and walk back in...

They limited to 1 per household (at least for me). If I wanted to purchase more than one, they would charge $6.

But I guess people can always just walk out and walk back in...

Right, and that makes it really cost ineffective to do, because they'd have to perform n transactions instead of 1 or 2 transactions with n components.

I picked up 5 of them last weekend paying in cash and going through checkout 5 separate times. I picked them up at different times of the day so the shifts would change and the customer service guys wouldn't notice.

Wasn't planning on a trip to the cities this weekend, but if I end up there, this is totally happening.... Looking forward to spending 1000% of the cost of the processor on storage. :)

Wow, I'm nowhere near a Microcenter :rage:

Anybody want to pick one up for me? I've been waiting to start a project with one of these, but it has been perpetually sold out since it released.

Wow, I'm nowhere near a Microcenter :rage:

Anybody want to pick one up for me? I've been waiting to start a project with one of these, but it has been perpetually sold out since it released.

I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I'll grab one for you while I'm there.

Microcenter is about 90 miles from me, and I've driven there when I was doing a complete system build. I would have gotten one to try to use it for 2DOF motion for my racing rig, but i dont think I wanna drive down there for $1 merchandise.

This interested me and the price up my alley. I searched but didn't see many uses for it. I am tired. Maybe i missed some things. I may go to mc just to look around. Have few sd cards waiting as well.

Back