Raspberry Pi 3 Model B -- $25 @ MicroCenter

Wont work, coupon is for 30 bucks, Pi is 29.99, They will most likely decline you

Just grab something cheap to get over $30. Coupon works as long as your order total is $30 or more. I've been using them every time they come out with a new one and only once did I actually purchase a single item over $30.

Just grab something cheap to get over $30. Coupon works as long as your order total is $30 or more. I've been using them every time they come out with a new one and only once did I actually purchase a single item over $30.
Like, for example, a Pi Zero for $0.99 (who knows how long they'll keep it that price though).

You'll likely need a manager override if you use the coupon on a purchase that consists of only open-box/clearance items or a purchase that consists of something like the $1 refurb Pentium 4 chips that a few stores still have plus something that gets a combo discount with the purchase of any CPU (e.g. Crucial RAM or certain SSDs).

Thanks for this!

What else do I need to order so I can use it as a Media Player with XBMC? Never messed with a Raspberry Pi before.

What else do I need to order so I can use it as a Media Player with XBMC? Never messed with a Raspberry Pi before.

You'll need at minimum:
  • 5v2a powere adapter. I used a 1a cellphone charger and that seems to work fine.
  • MicroSD. 8gb is sufficient.
  • Input device.
  • A case if you want to make it pretty. There's a template out there where you can print one from cardstock if you don't want to splurge for a 10 dollar case.
It runs comparable to my nexus player when using kodi. Though i Didn't test it too long.

Nice deal. I don't need another one quite yet.

I think the recommendation for a Pi 3 is a 2.5A 5V power supply, especially if you're going to be using lots of the ports and such. I know I never had any problems running off of a 2.1A supply though.

Thanks for this!

XBMC name was changed awhile ago to Kodi for copyright reasons.

Requirements:
  1. ability to search google and follow instructions
  2. micro usb power; 2A or higher recommended
  3. micro sd card; 4GB minimum, get spares if you plan on trying other OS's
  4. usb keyboard and or pointing device; wireless recommended
  5. hdmi cable
Optional:
  1. Case; tons of options to pick from or just go naked
  2. USB storage; flash or hard drives for more space
  3. heatsinks; the Pi3 can run on the hot side

Back