RARE PS4 Test/Dev kit, Aluminum body

what the, i just posted that too, wasn't sold at the time

That is a neat piece of kit there I would like one of those (but not at that price of course). The aluminum chassis is a very nice touch
It seems with anything related to technology the first generation devices are always made quite a bit better (look at DVD & Blu-ray disc players for instance the first ones were built like tanks with fancy fluorescent displays for title chapter and playing time now the newer ones are made of cheap plastic and no display at all just LED indicators to tell you if it is on)
The consumer grade devices are always gimped when it comes to features. A display port would be nice (I only just got a monitor that has one, although I have a few business class computers that have them included)

Reactions: erek
like this
Just in case you can't see it anymore:
1594931662258.png

We have a few of these at work, they are Orbis dev kits. Orbis was the code name for the original, non-Pro PS4. The Neo (PS4 Pro) dev kits are made of plastic and are slightly larger, but not nearly as cool looking.

We have a few of these at work, they are Orbis dev kits. Orbis was the code name for the original, non-Pro PS4. The Neo (PS4 Pro) dev kits are made of plastic and are slightly larger, but not nearly as cool looking.

Wow cool would you be willing to sell one? What do these look like on the inside? if you can post pictures of the inside that would be so awesome

Back