RARE NVIDIA 600-10126-0003-005 Geforce

My guess is a ton of fakes are going to be flooding the market. No reason these Chinese companies can't pull that off.

So, is this one going to be shipping to you?

how come? heh

honestly, i hope not, but i did place a bid... working NV30 chips are becoming scarce, so having a working spare is worth having for the right price... though if i do win, and it is working i may donate it to a worthy cause that i know will greatly appreciate it and already has an original FlowFX cooler to put on it

Doesn't look fake and I love how clean it is.
As a spare its a good call if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: erek
like this
Wasn't there a guy here that's been looking for one of these forever ?

I think he was looking for the 6800 Ultra, not the 5800.

It is crazy to think that these GPUs are old enough to now officially fall into the retrocomputing category.
Once that 15 year-mark is met, it seems like the value of even common computer hardware exponentially increases in price and "worth".

10 years ago, you couldn't give that FX 5800 Ultra away, and now look what it is going for - all is fair in love, war, and computer parts. :D

It is crazy to think that these GPUs are old enough to now officially fall into the retrocomputing category.
Once that 15 year-mark is met, it seems like the value of even common computer hardware exponentially increases in price and "worth".

I assure you not. Plenty of 'common' components like the FX 5200, FX 5600 (of that generation) are worth just slightly above shipping costs. For the most part, only the halo products are worth a decent amount of money.

Look at the Riva TNT/TNT2. Plenty of those around, and the only ones worth decent money are the Ultra SKU's, boxed cards, or Canopus.

like this
I assure you not. Plenty of 'common' components like the FX 5200, FX 5600 (of that generation) are worth just slightly above shipping costs. For the most part, only the halo products are worth a decent amount of money.

Look at the Riva TNT/TNT2. Plenty of those around, and the only ones worth decent money are the Ultra SKU's, boxed cards, or Canopus.
In 2008, any of those "halo" GPUs that were anything older than four generations at the time weren't worth squat - one would be luck to sell one for $40 and free shipping.
At that time, they weren't considered valuable or "retro" at all, and at best they were older and/or legacy components that could no longer perform, and had no meaningful value, outside of then-modern collectors or hobbyists.

Today, however, that's a different story.
But look at the GTX 680 - many of those are going for under $150, but they are still usable.

The GTX 480 is regularly going for $50 or less.
Give it another decade and those same GPUs will become collectors items for the exact reasons you are giving - those reasons just haven't come to fruition with them yet, though.

like this
Halo products vary from generation to generation, due to the life cycle of a product, manufacturing issues, or availability (that is usually reflected by the former points).

So assuming bare card, using restaurant style guestimates of $/$$/$$$/$$$$

$$ GeForce 256 DDR, very limited availability, supplemented in 6 months by GeForce 2 GTS
$/$$ GeForce 2 Ultra, same, but supplemented by GeForce 3
<$ GeForce 3 Ti 500, available for quite a long time
<$ GeForce 4 Ti 4600, same as above
$$$$ FX 5800 Ultra was a very limited launch and was quickly superceded by the FX 5900 series,

I would argue that halo products for more recent cards differ as well. GTX 480 was probably the last time the halo cards were mostly generic copies of each other. GTX 580 had a 3GB variant, and EVGA's Classfied version is arguably the best, same with the GTX 680 (4GB EVGA Classified). Kepler v2 (GTX 7xx family; GK110) is also the first time the 'Titan' card is actually the halo. Even omitting the Titan, you have such series like the EVGA Kingpin's, which are binned and notably better than a generic halo card.

TLDR, more headaches (or joy) for collectors as the ODM's started to differentiate themselves in the recent few generations.

like this
Back