Raphael Colantonio, Creative Director of Dishonored and Prey, Leaves Arkane Studios

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Arkane Studios president and longtime game developer Raphael Colantonio is moving on from the company he founded nearly two decades ago. There doesn’t seem to be any drama; his departing words merely suggest that he wants more family time and is interested in tackling new adventures.

The last 18 years have been an amazing adventure - from starting Arkane in 1999, to making our first game, Arx Fatalis, to joining ZeniMax Media in 2010 and releasing the Dishonored series and Prey to critical acclaim - it is time for me to step out to spend some time with my son and reflect on what is important to me and my future. I’ve had the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in the industry, and I feel extremely lucky to have been part of this journey with everyone at Arkane.

He's getting out before Bethesda/ZeniMax picks the company apart like vultures.

He's getting out before Bethesda/ZeniMax picks the company apart like vultures.

Bethesda isn't that bad when compared to the likes of EA, Ubisoft, and Activision.

I mean, look what EA's done with BioWare, Visceral, Maxis, and a host of other AAA studios that are now either dead or a shadow of their former selves.

I'd leave after two boring as hell games released as well.

Play as a superb killing machine but don't kill anyone because they are innocent except the bosses while giving you a bunch of useless abilities.

Freeze and beat stuff with a wrench version of Bioshock

Cmon Hunt, Anthem, Metro, Elex, Doom VR daddy wants a fun game

Bethesda isn't that bad when compared to the likes of EA, Ubisoft, and Activision.

I mean, look what EA's done with BioWare, Visceral, Maxis, and a host of other AAA studios that are now either dead or a shadow of their former selves.

Bethesda has begun treading down the same path sadly. It's not going to look good for them in a few years.

I'd leave after two boring as hell games released as well.

Play as a superb killing machine but don't kill anyone because they are innocent except the bosses while giving you a bunch of useless abilities.

Freeze and beat stuff with a wrench version of Bioshock

Cmon Hunt, Anthem, Metro, Elex, Doom VR daddy wants a fun game
Stealth games aren't for everybody. I love them and both Prey and the Dishonored series are excellent if you have some patience.

Since both games were super boring, hopefully he can find a company that remembers what fun is. Maybe he can try CDPR.

Back