[RANT] Benq customer support/warranty sucks

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
<RANT>
So a couple of days ago I went to turn on my Benq G2400WD monitor and guess what happens? The power button breaks, it gets pushed in. (Like this.)

So, as it was still in warranty, I contacted Benq. After an exchange of e-mails they proceeded to tell me that that wasn't covered by the warranty and the cost of repair would be 90 €!

A known and widespread defect, the result of poor build construction, is not covered by warranty? Great. Nice job Benq!
</RANT>

Think twice before buying Benq.

Agreed, I will never buy BenQ again. My monitor blew (smoke out the back, etc)

Took them weeks to send me a new one and the new one didn't work either, except it wasn't a new one, it was the same broken one back again.

Had to pay for a cross ship and the 2nd new one still wasn't perfect but I gave up since I was 8+ weeks in.

Sorry to hear about that, it sucks when customer service doesn't do the right thing!

Makes me glad that when I did my RMA's with NEC, they were absolutely amazing. Super polite, professional and nice on the phone, no waiting on hold at all and they paid for shipping both ways, including OVERNIGHT on the way back! The turnaround time was very good as well, they sent the replacement out the day after they received the defective unit. They did RMAs for backlight bleeding on two of them and one stuck pixel on the other (i bought three). and because the monitors i sent back were no longer made (20wmgx2), they upgraded me to 2090uxi's, which are WAY more expensive than i paid for the 2090uxi's! NEC has a customer for life for me. Even though their products are more expensive than other brands, the quality, service and support is worth it!

My experience with BenQ customer support was equally frustrating. Will likely never buy another monitor of theirs

Dear all, I apologize for the bad experiences you had with our customer service. Please do PM me so I can help or expedite for you from here.

A shame. It was back a few years, but my RMA experience with BenQ RMA was pretty good. I think it only took me a few minutes to get an RMA# and packing slip emailed to me. Turn around was about a week.

Back