Randy Pitchford Talks Borderlands and Duke Nukem Movies

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I was watching a live interview with Randy Pitchford at E3, President of GearBox Software here in North Texas, and he just spilled the beans that GearBox has been helping in developing scripts for upcoming BorderLands movies. Randy did actually say use the plural "movies" as well. Randy then discussed an upcoming cameo of Duke Nukem in a summer release movie, and then went on to discuss a standalone Duke Nukem

Randy also mentioned a VR title he is working on with Penn and Teller; Penn &Tellers's Cruel Virtual Tricks for Real Friends. A new Brothers in Arms game is in active development as well.

yeah, would much rather have some news about Borderlands 3, bummer. Hopefuly they are doing it and that the same studio that did Borderlands 2 is working on it. The pre sequel was a let down.

yeah, would much rather have some news about Borderlands 3, bummer. Hopefuly they are doing it and that the same studio that did Borderlands 2 is working on it. The pre sequel was a let down.

Well iirc the studio that did the pre-sequel was closed down so at least they wont make it.

I hope we get Borderlands 3 before Borderlands the movie. Which I would only watch for Claptrap. I'd say the Borderlands ship has sailed, but that hasn't stopped Ubi from cranking out endless Ass Creed and Far Cry games, so it'll probably happen. Yes I know Ubi is not Gearbox, I was referring to game companies/franchises in general.

I hope we get Borderlands 3 before Borderlands the movie. Which I would only watch for Claptrap. I'd say the Borderlands ship has sailed, but that hasn't stopped Ubi from cranking out endless Ass Creed and Far Cry games, so it'll probably happen. Yes I know Ubi is not Gearbox, I was referring to game companies/franchises in general.

i don't know i think there is definitely potential for a borderlands tv show. there's so many good stories in the first game that could easily be expanded further, but i'm not sure how well it would work as a movie. i agree that the prequel was a let down though.

Does this mean the Duke Nukem movie will be released around 2024? -ish give or take 3-5 years if we're lucky

How can you have a movie starring a character whose appearance and catchphrases are all ripped off from other action movies?

It would have to be some kind of Robocop-level satire.

Which the employee that did the voice of claptrap is no longer with Gearbox as he took a new position at another company a few months back so it would be interesting to see what they would do for the voice in a movie or even in a 3rd game if they brought him back.

Further proof that Hollywood is BANKRUPT of any real talent.
If you have to look to video games and comic books for movie scripts, forget it.

Which the employee that did the voice of claptrap is no longer with Gearbox as he took a new position at another company a few months back so it would be interesting to see what they would do for the voice in a movie or even in a 3rd game if they brought him back.

Oh I don't think it will be too hard for them to find someone who is close enough, and it's digitally manipulated anyway. Ask Bungie, they didn't lose any sleep when they recast Peter Dinklage.

Back