Randy Pitchford: No Borderlands 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
As a fan of the Borderlands games, I am very disappointed to hear there will be no Borderlands 3. :(

"We are not working on Borderlands 3," he said during an interview last week. "That is unqualified. We have more to do in the franchise, but no there isn't a Borderlands 3."

We love Borderlands, and we know customers do too. So we will be doing more in Borderlands. But the thing that, when you think of what Borderlands 3 should be... No. We are not developing that right now. We don't know what that is yet. We can imagine what it must achieve, but we don't know what it is yet. I'm not going to fuck around with you like Valve does with Half-Life 3. Look. We know we want it and we know it should exist, but we don't know what it is yet. But we are doing things in Borderlands that we'll announce soon, that are good, and that I think people will be really excited about if you love the franchise.

In other words, they want to make Borderlands 3, but there are no current plans in the pipeline to do so.

I thought they just said that DLC was over for Borderlands 2 because consoles can't handle anymore of them?

I gotta call BS. Borderlands 3/BorderWorlds is most definitely in some stage of production. Why? Borderlands 2 was the biggest-selling for 2KGames, ever.

So just because he said they are not currently working on Borderlands 3 doesn'tmean there ever will be one.
Or maybe they're getting bought out by Valve and are forgetting how to make a #3?

After A:CM, right now I wouldn't believe Pitchford is he said water was wet.

Thank god.

Series needs to die.

Same old same old after a while. Playing with friends on varying levels SUCKS. Either it's one shot one kill and you wont be leveling up or you wont be putting in a dent AT ALL. But you will level up like a pro and miss out on a lot of action since you are so pron to dying.

3 words: save game editor

Great fun after the game is beaten. Making and trying custom weapons is 1/2 the fun.

Good, I hope they wait 5 years. I'm sick of all these shovelware yearly sequels like EA does. I love Borderlands 2, but we don't need 3 yet.

A friend and I were talking about this a while back. It might be best if they just left it. I played BL2 then BL1 and both games are great but should we push Gearbox's luck?

If they do another sequel, I would love it if they put more gameplay elements in it, new strategic values needed, more types of items, new planets, etc.

I haven't played since I beat the 2nd a couple months after it came out and don't have any of the DLC's, so I'm certainly not burnt out.

I just hope there is a sequel and that it has a great story and quality content.

3 words: save game editor

Great fun after the game is beaten. Making and trying custom weapons is 1/2 the fun.

Careful with that though. I tried out a save game editor for BL2 and it got my account permanently VAC banned.

Careful with that though. I tried out a save game editor for BL2 and it got my account permanently VAC banned.

I don't do BL2 online. Thanks for the heads up though! Kinda harsh.

NO WE DON'T

This times 1000.

On the one hand, I'm glad that they might finally move on from Borderlands, even though it is a fun game. The sequel hasn't really innovated in any major way over the original, and it's starting to feel a bit formulaic.

On the other hand, Gearbox might be screwed if they don't keep doing Borderlands, because many of the other recent games they've made have been utter shit. :p

I dont care what they up to as long as they come out with something that does justice to the Homeworld series.

Ok, that is Grade-A First-Class fucking retarded.

It's a goddamn co-op game, not a competitive shooter.

I'd like to see them move on to an open world shooter with a real story to it,something more than just blasting endless enemies and collecting weapons.

I loved the first one but when the second one was just more of the same I lost interest. I just finished it once and didn't even touch the DLC while I played so much of BL1. I am fine with them not making another game right away.

For what its worth I really enjoy Borderlands 2 and I'd love to see more expansions for it. Its great they've been supporting it with reasonably priced expansions/DLC for 2+ years (not to mention the SHIFT codes which are bloody great - many companies these days wouldn't give out that stuff for free), and while I'd like for them to continue, workon BL3 would be acceptable as well Borderlands 3 would be a great addition if they keep on adding to the formula and refining it.

"I'm not going to fuck around with you like Valve does with Half-Life 3. "

Hah, thems fightin' words Pitchofrd.

Back