Random disconnection problems with my Audigy 2 NX...

Canon

2[H]4U
I'm using an Audigy 2 NX with my laptop.

I'm running windows XP Pro SP2 on the machine.

I did fresh install of Windows XP and installed the drivers from the CD to start (just the drivers, no extra bundled software). I then proceded to download and install the latest drivers from the Creative website which was entitled, "Creative USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX update 1.00.0010" which was released on Feb. 4, 2005.

I've been playing Star Wars Galaxies and talking on Teamspeak with my friends when I experience the random disconnects. I'll be playing the game and then all of a sudden the sound just goes dead and the little red "mute" light on the sound card iluminates indicating it has lost connection.

If I close Star Wars Galaxies and Teamspeak and wait a minute or two the card will re-connect and sound will be restored... If I leave the apps open it'll stay disconnected indefinitely. I tried disabling all the EAX 3 features I had enabled in the game but that made no difference.

For an example of how bad this is... Tonight it's dropped out 4 times on me. The strange thing is that as far as I can tell I can listen to music and surf the net all day without a problem.

I hope i've made this problem clear enough for you guys to offer some input. This problem is starting to drive me crazy. I didn't have any of these problems before I did a fresh install, go figure.

Back