Rampage X48 Cooling

Going to ressurect my thread and ask another question.

I've ordered new HR-05 IFX SLI heatsinks for my nb/sb, and a true for the cpu. Now, I'm looking in to mosfet cooling and see that Thermalright says the HR-09U/S are compatible with this board, but I have one question. These look relatively tall, and I'm wondering wether or not they'd prohibit the TRUE from being installed in the same orientation as the noctua above. Anyone?

Dunno the answer to your question but I want a pic of your setup when your done :)

Dunno the answer to your question but I want a pic of your setup when your done :)

Sure.

Will likely be at least another two weeks before I get to the Mosfets - The others should be here Wednesday/Thursday. I'm waiting on answers from Thermalright, before I pull the trigger on another $50 worth of heatsinks.:eek:

I don't see why they would engineer two (three) components that would not work together, but looking at my Noctua mounted, there's not very much space between the heatpipes and the board.

Yeah, it looks like a snug fit. My temps on my chipset are good right now but only beucase its 71F in my house instead of the normal 78F during the summer time. This has my chipset temp 49C at idle. I can run my fans at a lower RPM making it much quieter also :)

Just got my order from Performance PCs.

I'm pissed. This is the third time in as many orders that I've been shipped the wrong product.

I ordered two HR-05 IFX -SLI coolers and was sent the none sli coolers. The most blatantly unsatisfying thing I can't understand is the fact that my on line order confirmation lists the sli coolers and even the fucking packing slip lists sli coolers, with one person packing and another person that's supposed to be checking.

fuck. I will never order or reccomend them again. It makes me feel disgusted.

Just got my order from Performance PCs.

I'm pissed. This is the third time in as many orders that I've been shipped the wrong product.

I ordered two HR-05 IFX -SLI coolers and was sent the none sli coolers. The most blatantly unsatisfying thing I can't understand is the fact that my on line order confirmation lists the sli coolers and even the fucking packing slip lists sli coolers, with one person packing and another person that's supposed to be checking.

fuck. I will never order or reccomend them again. It makes me feel disgusted.

That sucks.. ive been using them for years and have always have good service. Cept for a fan I was shipped broke during shipping. Other then that they have gone out of there way a couple times for me. I would call them up.

Going to ressurect my thread and ask another question.

I've ordered new HR-05 IFX SLI heatsinks for my nb/sb, and a true for the cpu. Now, I'm looking in to mosfet cooling and see that Thermalright says the HR-09U/S are compatible with this board, but I have one question. These look relatively tall, and I'm wondering wether or not they'd prohibit the TRUE from being installed in the same orientation as the noctua above. Anyone?
Here are some pics of the 3 boards I have done. HR-05's are 48mm tall.
Board #1 is done up with HR-05 IFX northbridge, HR-05 IFX SLI southbridge and HR-09u Type 2, HR-09s Type 2 mosfets
Board #2 I used HR-05 IFX northbridge, stock southbridge with AS5 and HR-09u Type 2, HR-09s Type 2 mosfets
Board #3 I used HR-05 IFX SLI northbridge, stock southbridge with AS5 and I used the stock mosfet cooler from 2 motherboard's to do this board.
I hope this helps.

Board #1
DSC01815.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

Board #2
DSC02039.jpg

Board #3
DSC02037.jpg

Got my parts today... the camera batteries died.

Got one blurry pic of how close the nb sink is to the ram. About 1mm clearance.

closesli.jpg

Rampage and Maximus (x38 vs. x48) must be different somehow; my sb cooler won't sit horizontally parallel to the nb without hitting a cap.

Initial readings are ~10*C lower than stock, with no fans attached.

now-7.jpg

+1 for liking pics :cool:

hr05close1.jpg

hr05close.jpg

Thinking next order will be for mosfet coolers and a black-white led vandal power switch.

You can't SLI with the SB cooler like that can you?

I can't SLI with an x48 board. ;)

...and I'm definately an nVidia fan boy, so ATI xfire is out of the question.

but in order for me to do multi cards, I could have bought one of the Enzotech forged copper sb coolers. Reason I bought two hr05s, my nb and sb temps were about the same within one degree, so I thought no reason to skimp on the sb.

I can't SLI with an x48 board. ;)

...and I'm definately an nVidia fan boy, so ATI xfire is out of the question.

but in order for me to do multi cards, I could have bought one of the Enzotech forged copper sb coolers. Reason I bought two hr05s, my nb and sb temps were about the same within one degree, so I thought no reason to skimp on the sb.

Ah was hoping you would be able to fit 2x and have SLI/CF, guess not =[

Looks really good man. What as the total cost and how are your temps now that the paste has had some time to cure. My temps are great right now with this cold weather we are having.

Man those thermalright mosfet sinks look awesome.... not sure how I'd justify that price though...LOL

In all seriousness though, you think their much better than the default Rampage cooling? I'm probably getting that Enzo southbridge cooler and a WB for my NB. Not sure if I want to change the mosfet cooling though....wallet's hurting :D

Total cost to cool the entire board and cpu would be about $150.

I'm seeing anywhere from 10-15*C drop on both the south bridge and northbridge... and passively.

Mosfet sinks are very nice, and will be in some time soon... I'll have to wait until after xmas before I spend another $50 on heatsinks. :rolleyes: ...maybe they'll go on sale before new year...

How much better would you think the thermalright ones, other then the badass look, are they better than the stock Asus ones?

I think with the Mosfets you get to a point of deminishing returns fairly quick. Meaning, I don't think there's any reason to buy the TR mosfet blocks over the Asus besides finally getting rid of that big chunk of fake copper trash.

...I'm buying them for looks...:cool:

...seriously, and they're only $50...

Looks...

...I sure hope they clear the TRUE. They do fit the board, and don't have any issues according to Thermalright

Back