Rampage II Extreme question

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all,

I'm working on overclocking my 920 on the R2E, and I noticed something about the LCD poster. When it displays the CPU temperature, it's always 10-20 lower than either Real Temp or Core Temp. Do you know if it's just these programs being inaccurate or if the LCD poster is possibly just pulling the temp of the socket by chance?

If the LCD poster is accurate, my CPU is at full load (1.34V) at 4GHz (still seeing if this is stable or not, too soon to tell) and only at 54C. It is water cooled, but that still seems somewhat low. Real Temp is reading all the cores at low 70s.

Thanks, I hope someone can answer this, it's been bugging me a lot lately.

I would imagine it will have a little variable in the readings. If you use LinX and watch them both and see if they then get close once a load starts being placed on the cpu then that will give you a better idea.

Yeah I tried it with and without a load.

Without a load it's anywhere from 39-42C (depending on ambient I imagine).

Under load it goes up to around 52-54C.

Real Temp is pretty consistently 10-20C higher than what the LCD poster reports (which I understand is coming directly from the BIOS).

Yea i guess going from direct reading with coretemp or realtemp to the bios software reading it could very well be off 10° easily.

If "unclewebb" was around you could shoot him a pm about it for realtemp since he makes that app.

Back