Rambo

It's a game based on a movie. This isn't going to turn out well.

Wish it was third person. Also wish it was Hitman'ish, with incredible amounts of gore and shit.

This looks like it could have potential...but idk.

Wish it was third person. Also wish it was Hitman'ish, with incredible amounts of gore and shit.

This looks like it could have potential...but idk.

First person is fine. The fact that the game is a rail shooter isn't.

First person is fine. The fact that the game is a rail shooter isn't.

I'm honestly sick to death of FPS, I'm just not into it anymore. But hey, just me.

Not like it matters, this game probably won't make any of us happy.

I'm honestly sick to death of FPS, I'm just not into it anymore. But hey, just me.

We some to have a lot of third person stuff these days. Honestly shooting mechanics for both games are virtually they same if you really think about it. In one style you've got a character blocking some of your view (given the horrible fixed camera distances in most games) and in the other you don't. I prefer the latter.

We some to have a lot of third person stuff these days. Honestly shooting mechanics for both games are virtually they same if you really think about it. In one style you've got a character blocking some of your view (given the horrible fixed camera distances in most games) and in the other you don't. I prefer the latter.

I guess I'm just more of a third person fan. I can't remember the last time I played a third person game where the camera blew ass, I really can't. FPS also tends to give me some motion sickness too, so that doesn't help either.

I like seeing the character, that's the main bit. It's just neat. Get to really appreciate the animations, and interactions.

They should of made a first person shooter infused with the spirit of Rambo, like Serious Sam with B4 level graphics and 100x more killing.

oh my god the video....... Stallone must not give a fuck anymore since they are using his likeness....

Yeah, but a rail shooter is basically just an FPS with even less interaction. :p

I guess I'm just more of a third person fan. I can't remember the last time I played a third person game where the camera blew ass, I really can't. FPS also tends to give me some motion sickness too, so that doesn't help either.

I like seeing the character, that's the main bit. It's just neat. Get to really appreciate the animations, and interactions.

I'm definitely in the same boat. Much prefer third person to first, for the same reasons

Its MF Rambo

Auto-aim, CHECK!

Makes sense to me.

How much does anyone want to bet it isn't Stallones voice, they get some really terrible voice actor to do it.

I'm not holding out hope, it'll be a 5/10 at best.

I had Rambo for NES when I was a child. It was probably the worst game I owned for that console.

Looks like they are stealing some of the Tell Tale Games style here... not sure this will be enjoyable, we'll see... :(

Did Rambo even actually kill anyone in the first movie? I know he shot up the town and all that but I don't remember him actually killing any Americans.

IMO the game would have been 200x better if it was more similar to Metal Gear solid but let you make traps and set up ambushes, had decent hand-to-hand combat mechanics, etc.

AS I watch the videos of this game, the graphics look good but it might as well be the movie, since it seems its on rails and just a bunch of QTE's, who finds those fun?

It's Rambo.

I'm in.

...And I'm going to go watch all the movies again. Because it's RAMBO.

Stallone supported this game and he wanted it made so it's his actual work and voice he gave permission.

I watched First Blood on bluray not too long ago with my oldest son. IMO it's aged pretty well. My son seemed to enjoy it unlike some of the other older action movies he's watched. I won't be buying this game though. I'm also burned out on FPS.

Stallone supported this game and he wanted it made so it's his actual work and voice he gave permission.

Sadly it'll still just look like a cheap hitman/splinter cell or any similar game knockoff. I don't know why he won't just retire, and instead wants to resurrect and further beat into the ground old franchises.

Did Rambo even actually kill anyone in the first movie? I know he shot up the town and all that but I don't remember him actually killing any Americans.

He didn't in the movie but in the book he kills almost everyone he bumps in to. In the shave scene he actually cuts a deputy from his balls to his throat with the razor. The movie also didn't go into anything about the sheriff. He was a Korean war vet a valorous past. According to IMDB the medals in his shadow box on the back of his desk are the Silver Star, The Purple Heart, and the Army Distinguished Service Cross.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/trivia
I can't recall from the book but I'm almost certain Teasle was a Marine.

There's a pretty long preface in the book about what went into publishing the book then making the movie. The book was written 10 years before the movie was made and Stallone actually wrote the screenplay but he was insistent that Rambo didn't kill anyone. The author said that no studios wanted to make the movie based completely on the book because no one wanted to make a movie about PTSD having crazy town killing Vietnam vets. Maybe that is actually the commentary on the DVD. Now I can't remember lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel)#Film_development

Good book. Good movie. Shit video games. I thought at first glance it was going to be a TellTale Walking Dead type game where you had to make your traps and stuff from things in the scene before the sheriffs came running...but then the gun play???!!! WTF!

Back