Ram working in single channel but not dual channel

Noni

Limp Gawd
I have a asus sli deluxe,

was working fine 2 hours ago, i recently moved the comp into a new case, and I stratched the back by accident, i can see some copper but it does not look too harsh.

the same ram was working fine before i moved the case. right now it always just gives me a long beep whenever i run 2 sticks in dual channel, if I run the 2 sticks in single channel it runs fine.

what can i do?

thank you

P,S i tried resetting CMOS

Did you try both sets of Dimms? Does the memory pass memtest86 in single channel or does it just "work"?

just works mate.

i tried both in single channel and it works,

would it make any difference if i had both ram modules in the slot when i reset cmos?

I cant remember if i did.

well, that's something you can answer yourself easily, but it shouldn't make a difference. i have a suspicion you hurt one of the memory channels when you scratched it

you mean the little gold spot by the back side of the memory slots? it's kinda blurry :(

looks like the mobo is kinda.. out of commision though :(

seriously?

crap, i cant afford a new one.

so why does it work with single channel? One thing I noticed that timings are tigther in single channel rather than dual channel.

yes its that gold spot.

cause you scratched the thing?! i'm surprised it works at all. talk to asus and see if they'll do you any favors ;)

Back