RAM suggestions for a P5K board

People have been having lots of luck with the Crucial Ballistix line like I have. But those G.Skill's are good and I think they are still D9GMH's.

depending when your next system build will be. Your better off getting some pc6400 .

You have to list price range as well. But. Ram prices right now is a perfect time to buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231065

I got that ram in my p5k and let me tell you, fantastic value. It supposedly overclocks better than the other. While I can't vouch for the others I can vouch for the fantastic OC'ing of the HZ's...I'm currently running 1125 at 2.2v 9 hours memtest stable and I'm pretty sure I can go higher. Pretty amazing for $109.99.

Ordered my P5K deluxe last night, I was going back and forth on Ballistix or G.Skills, ended up ordering Ballistix.

cool, yeah i ended up going with the ballistix. i have always had good luck with crucial and a lot of people i read had them in the p5k... so we'll see in a few days when my stuff gets here. =)

I think its worth pointing out that Crucial is basically the retail arm of Micron. So if you want Micron 9s, Crucial is probably a good bet.

Ballistix and the P5K board seem to be a common combination. I just got some PC2-5300 Ballistix for mine; 'hope they clock well!

your PC2-5300 Ballistix should do over 1000Mhz & the Crucial service, warranty, & rma are second to none, should you need them. wise choice!

your PC2-5300 Ballistix should do over 1000Mhz & the Crucial service, warranty, & rma are second to none, should you need them. wise choice!

Yay, thank you for the assurance. I was beginning to think i made a bad decision not getting some PC2-8500 memory. If i overvolt, and kill, the memory what are my chances Crucial will accept an RMA request?

i got crucial ballistix pc2-6400 44412 and it rocks on the p5k!

currently running at 1025Mhz 55515 at 2.2V - and it is smoking!

in the UK i think its perhaps the only guaranteed D9.

Ballistix look to be working well with both the P5K and the P5B series of boards. I got some Ballistix with my P5B-Deluxe and they're great. 2x1GB chips for $139, I think. I got them at the end of May, so prices have probably changed between now and then. My second choice was some G.Skill, followed by some Patriot (PDP Systems), but I ended up with the Ballistix because of the overwhelming number of recommendations.

I second Ballistix 8500 but I havn't personally tested yet..still waiting for it to be arrived...:p
Apparently, lots of OC success with that RAM and the P5K-D
At rather lower voltage from 2.3 ~ 2.4 rought, it can easily exceed DDR 1200 speed at CL5 from many other's reviews :)

I'm using 4x1GB PC8500 Ballistix in my P5K deluxe -

@ 2.1V: 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-15 is very stable
@ 2.0V: 854MHz @ 4-4-4-12 is very stable

(tested with 2x instances of Memtest, 1023MB each, for 2 hours - ~300% coverage or so)

Back