RAM or mother board causing no post

Hematite

n00b
So, I don't know exactly what it is but, I'm going to send all of the info I have about this. So I'm building with an i5 9600k Gigabyte B365M DDS3H and Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz The motherboard only supports 2666 MHZ I'm assuming the mother board auto sets the RAM to 2666MHz so that I have upgrading room. And if I want to OC my cpu I just have to save up money for a new motherboard. Anyways, I originally built it with a different motherboard. I tested the mother board and.. Nothing. I sent the motherboard back and bought a new one still nothing. So I began to trouble shoot. I put the ram in the different slots still nothing. ( the PSU was test I even tried it with another psu still nothing.) I took the ram out still nothing. I took the CPU out still nothing. I tried it with just the RAM, still nothing. I believe it's the motherboard and I just got extremely unlucky. Nothing is used it's all new. I'm extremely disappointed. I just don't know what to send back. ( I'm giving my friend my old pc for Christmas it's a 1080 with a i5 6500 ). I really want to be able to get my new computer working before Christmas. Maybe something killed the motherboard, I don't know. Please give a good solid response with evidence. (either say the dead component or what killed what part. Preferably both.)

Do you have a POST test speaker installed?

LED's to indicate what component it stuck at?

Do you have a POST test speaker installed?

LED's to indicate what component it stuck at?
Fans usually turn on right? This is my first time building a computer. Also my PSU has LEDs and usually when it turns on. WHen I tested the motherboard nothing happened no fans no nothing.

its not the ram. if its ram it will powerup at least and beep. check your power / power supply and connectors. strip the mb down to just video card - or even no video card just to get it to power up.

Are you sure you have the power buttons wired up correctly? Also rare as it is a power switch can fail and you can eliminate this variable by removing the wiring and grounding out or "jumping' the two leads for power on the board (carefully and briefly) another option would be to wire the reset buttons to the power header as a button is a button basically.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
its not the ram. if its ram it will powerup at least and beep. check your power / power supply and connectors. strip the mb down to just video card - or even no video card just to get it to power up.
I believe I said the psu is working aand also I tried that. Still nothing.

Last edited:
Back