RAM not being detected due to fried CPU?

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I'm in a little bit of a dilemna and was wondering whether it could be possible that ram would not be detected due to a fried cpu. The reason I say this is because my dfi nf4 mobo does not pass the dram check when it starts up, I've tried different other people's mobos and other types of ram but the same thing happens.

The reason I think that it may be the CPU even though it passes the CPU check is because the dram controller is on the CPU, and that could have been fried. I've had some very high temps on my CPU (due to neglect :)) and wondering whether that could be the problem. However I do not have another socket 939 processor to try on the mobo, but I was wondering whether this is possible.

Thanks, Zxcs

have you tried pulling out the power plug, taking out the battery, and clearing the bios for >1 minute?

(cf)Eclipse said:
have you tried pulling out the power plug, taking out the battery, and clearing the bios for >1 minute?
Yes I'm afraid, I've also tried it on a friend's brand new dfi nf4 sli mobo (same as mine) and I get the same results :(

Frallan said:
Was that your FX-55 (see tempus of the statment to see what I think)...
Yea it was the fx55. Argh now I gotta get another… or I could wait for the 57. Still gunna cost me a lot though ><

Back