RAM Hates me...

Lames.

Gawd
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Not sure if it's my new motherboard or I just have horrible luck with RAM..

I just bought GB P35-DS4, E6750, and 2x1gb DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator about 2 months ago to replace my 680i, E6400, and 2x1gb Ballistixs. Last month I've noticed windows is stuttering on boot up and I just not got off my butt to figure ot the problem.

Do memtest86+ 1.70 on them...shooting out errors within in the first 5 secs of the test. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! So I pop in my spare Ballistixs that I got back from RMA and still seeing the stuttering so I'm getting my windows cd ready to format but decide to run memtest on these also..

Guess what...5secs in, they are erroring. Now I'm thinking it's my motherboard that is doing this and not my RAM since they error in the same amount of time.

Before I go hurrying up to put my 680i together to see if its my DS4 doing it, any ideas? I can't use the 680i long because I just sold it and the E6400.

Are you running at stock speeds or overclocked?

It's unclocked actually...all I did was bump the volts to 2.0 from 1.9..

But I figured it out...it's my DS4 that is making shoot out the errors. Put up my 680i and E6400 caseless and ran memtest for like 5 mins on both sets of RAM and came with no errors..

I HATE RMAing stuff...such a pain in the ass.

And wow does Gigabyte blow ass when it comes to RMAing...they say I have to wait 2-3 weeks after they receive the product to have them ship a new one...

When running 4 sticks of ram without the latest bios, your going to run into issues.

I would pop one stick of ram into the system, set memory and voltage to auto and get memory to pass and update to the latest bios, and try again.

I also find Crucial Ballistix sucks on gigabyte boards, like the current draw isnt detected correctly and you will start having issues with memory going bad stick by stick
I have had to replace a dozen kits on gigabyte boards for customers

G.SKill is my choice for gigabyte boards

I've recently learned (through many, many google searches), that Gigabyte P35-DS4 motherboards and Crucial Ballistix do not play nicely together. Do a search, you'll find lots of people with the same problem.

Back