Ram for r7 1800x and msi b350 tomahawk

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
So I scored a a pretty sweet deal on a r7 1800x and a msi b350 tomahawk board. Was wondering if any of you have this setup and what ram seems to work good for you.
I know there is a bunch of issues online with ryzen and ram so I wanted to ask here first.

I was going to get a i5 8400 but couldn’t pass up the deal I got the 1800x and b350 tomahawk board for.

I’m looking to get 2x8gb sticks of ram, nothing super expensive but I have no clue what seems to work the best with ryzen 7 on this board. Any input here would be a huge help, thanks in advance everyone

Bios have improved so most 3200 kits should be fine.
3200c16 is best value if you just want to run XMP although if you lose the silicon lottery you may need to run it at 2933.
3200c14 flare x will yield the best performance and have the highest chance of hitting 3200+ with Ryzen but comes with a price premium so I wouldn't suggest this unless you really enjoy tweaking the system.

You can check the MB compatibility list and try get a kit that's on it if you like.

I’m fine with running at 2933, I don’t want to mess around tweaking stuff.

Are there any kits you suggest that aren’t super expensive

if you dont want to mess with it and for it to be almost guaranteed to work*, stick to the QVL.
*DOAs happen

Back