Ram compatibility - Z490 Aorus Pro Ax - Gskill question.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
I have the same RAM on a MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk.
XMP profiles worked out the box an was able to get them to run @ 3600 stable for several benches.
From what I've seen, Z490 isn't to picky about RAM. I'm sure they will work just fine on your mobo.

Oki thank you very much :)I will buy that ram then. GSKILL i had good experience in past. So i will choose

F4-3200C16D-32GVK​

I have question. That memory is rated XMP 2. But it will be possible to choose XMP 1 ?

I don't know where you see 1 and 2. If there's a second set of timings they are almost always bone stock compatibility timings/speeds to ensure boot. On first boot, just go into the bios, and set the XMP to whatever profile you see that has 3200Mhz speeds.

xmp 1 profile and xmp 2 profile

Without having the RAM in front of me, and using google, it might have two different sets of profiles, but from what I can see, they are just two different sets of timings (likely with the same speeds). One is probably validated with the board, and the other is slightly tighter and may or may not work depending on the quality of your CPU memory controller.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106270-XMP-1-and-XMP-2-difference

Most memory only has 1 XMP profile and that's the advertised rated timings/speeds.

When i boot to UEFI bios there will be to choose 2 profiles of XMP 1 and XMP 2 profiles or only one?

When i boot to UEFI bios there will be to choose 2 profiles of XMP 1 and XMP 2 profiles or only one?

I have no idea. Why don't you boot it up and tell us? Most memory only has ONE XMP profile. I have no idea where you are getting 1 and 2 from. I don't remember seeing multiple XMP profiles in a while (like since DDR3 days). XMP 2.0 is just an Intel marketing gimmick.

I will tell you that you already wasted too much time worrying about only 3200Mhz memory on an Intel system. If you were concerned about 4400+, then maybe you'd have something to worry about.

Back