Rainbow Six Vegas PC or 360

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I am torn here. Should I get the 360 version or the PC version. My PC is 8800GTX 4GB RAM, Core 2 @ 3.4Ghz, so performance should not be an issue. From everything I have been reading, it seems the 360 has better multiplayer and is an overall better experience.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm in the process of completing the single player campaign on PC and love it. It's a huge step above the others in the Rainbow series and has a superb "gritty-realism" feel to it.

Thumbs up here for the PC version. :D

Ubi continues to support and fix the 360 version. The PC version is pretty much "as is", and crashes a lot.

360 version it is then I guess. I should take a look at GRAW2 also in that case as I am sure the experience is similar.

have the 360 version, but not a big fan of shooters using a damned controller...I can't get used to it. PC FPS player since I was 9, now 27...very used to KB/mouse. I'd trade a PC version for my 360 version.

have the 360 version, but not a big fan of shooters using a damned controller...I can't get used to it. PC FPS player since I was 9, now 27...very used to KB/mouse. I'd trade a PC version for my 360 version.

Well I have the PC version if you are indeed interested in working a trade.

With that kind of setup, I'd say PC version for you.

360 is nice if you have a slow PC or love controllers.

Mouse aiming FTW.

This game really isn't a FPS. I hate FPS on consoles too but this is a lot of duck and cover. You aim from behind before poking your head and gun out so there isn't really an issue. And I played this on realistic and was able to handle fine (no mouse)

GRAW on PC was awesome, after the latest patch. Relatively, the 360 version swings toward the "arcade" spectrum, while the PC swings to the "realistic" side.

So depending on what kind of shooter you like, you have varied opinions on which is better or not.

But in the end, PC vs 360, are two totally different games. They only share textures, sounds, and the basic story line. Same goes for GRAW2

Cool cool, thanks for the replies guys. I am working a trade with someone for the 360 version right now.

The PC version of Vegas performs VERY poorly on computers. On my computer i have to play with shadow's on low quality at 1680*1050 or their is slowdown.

I haven't tried the PC version, but I do have the Xbox 360 version, and I really like it. I tend to game more on my consoles, then I do on my computer, and after working most of the day, on a computer, I like to be able to just play a game on the couch, with a controller.

Can you play vegas multiplayer on 360 servers if you are on the pc like interplatform I guess you would call it?

I've played it on 360 and PC and there's no way I will touch the PC version again. Playing it over Xbox Live is just that much better.

PC version performs like crap. Totally unoptimized. Was unplayable on my 1800XT, and is just what I would call acceptable on my 8800GTS.

360 ftw.

all that + the controls on PC suck.

Raven shield was from the ground up a PC game. the console port was bastardized.

vegas was from the ground up a 360 game, and while its not HORRIBLE on the pc, it's still MUCH more suited to consoles.

Have GRAW2 and Six Vegas on PC and 360. As much as I like FPS's using my KB/mouse, my vote goes for the 360 version in both cases. I have a pretty decent computer and they still run like crap. It runs much better on the 360.

Anyone have the DLC for the 360 version? I started playing it again and might grab the map pack if it's worth it.

Maybe its just me, but i say PC version. I had both versions and the PC version has sharper and slightly better graphics to me. Honestly for games that are on both the 360 and PC, id have to say R6V is like one of the few that looks better on a good PC. I ran it on a overclocked 512mb 7900GT (640mhz core, and 1570mhz memory) and it was butter smooth. The mexico level looked amazing. Plus the mouse is perfect for shooting. You need accuracy in hostage situations and when you breach rooms. Also sniping is wayyyyyyyy easier with a mouse.

Maybe its just me, but i say PC version. I had both versions and the PC version has sharper and slightly better graphics to me. Honestly for games that are on both the 360 and PC, id have to say R6V is like one of the few that looks better on a good PC. I ran it on a overclocked 512mb 7900GT (640mhz core, and 1570mhz memory) and it was butter smooth. The mexico level looked amazing. Plus the mouse is perfect for shooting. You need accuracy in hostage situations and when you breach rooms. Also sniping is wayyyyyyyy easier with a mouse.

I am with you in terms of the graphics and it being more sharper and also the control layout isn't that bad on the PC but overall i still loved the 360 version and still have yet to try the PC version.

PC player here. Core 2 @ 3.1 and an X1900XTX runs the game very well at 1280x960 on highest settings, except medium shadows. 8800GTX will run the game perfectly and it'll look better than the 360 version.

If you like controller, go 360. If you like keyboard and mouse, go PC.

You need accuracy in hostage situations and when you breach rooms. Also sniping is wayyyyyyyy easier with a mouse.

Don't nearly all console FPS's have a little bit of auto-aim?

The console version has a huge online community where as the PC version... doesn't.

If you already have a 360, get the 360 version. If you already have a 6600 c2d and an 8800gtx, get the pc version. If you have neither, it's cheaper to get a 360 and the game.
I have an x2 4400 and 2 7900GTOs SLI and this game runs like pooh. There are several tweaks that you can utilize that I found from several web forums for getting the game running alot better. You can't disable alot of the super duper special graphics effects in the game. You have to go in and edit hard to find files. You shouldn't have to do that to get it to run decently, IMO. I have the 360 version and in my case, it's 10,000 times better.

The console version has a huge online community where as the PC version... doesn't.

That's because there are maybe 20 people in the world that can run this game at at least 60fps on the highest settings.

I've been looking to get this game also.. quick question - does the 360 version allow 2 player (or more) split screen co-op play? Or is it all through Live?

I've been looking to get this game also.. quick question - does the 360 version allow 2 player (or more) split screen co-op play? Or is it all through Live?

Yes it does allow for 2 players and co-op play. But i still like Live better.

Are there a lot of people playing Vegas on the PC online? I think I might pick it up today.

Back