Rainbow Six Siege Players Who Use Slurs Are Now Getting Instantly Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Ubisoft is fighting back against Rainbow Six Siege’s “toxic” community by banning anyone who uses a racist or homophobic slur in text chat. Initial bans last for 27 minutes, which increases to 2 hours for second and third offenses. A player will be permanently banned if they continue to violate the Siege Code of Conduct.

Asked about the ban on Twitter, Ubisoft referred to a post in its dev blog from April that addressed toxicity. Back then, Ubi promised several features coming this year, like muting text chat and enhanced chat monitoring for abusive language. A chat filter was also promised with an estimated arrival for Season 3, but the feature set is a bit different than what is in place today.

Their game their rules. Suck it up and think of more creative ways to insult your enemies.

And that said, if you can't insult people without being racist or homophobic, you are a shit human being and you deserve to have nice things taken from you.

Their game their rules. Suck it up and think of more creative ways to insult your enemies.

And that said, if you can't insult people without being racist or homophobic, you are a shit human being and you deserve to have nice things taken from you.
and that will hurt their feels and they'll whine about it too. where does it end?

So Rainbow Six Siege needs a "Safe Space"??? Who woulda thunk?

I have come to except fact that I'm the only gay man in the online games and that my mother has felated literally everyone.

So Rainbow Six Siege needs a "Safe Space"??? Who woulda thunk?

I have come to except fact that I'm the only gay man in the online games and that my mother has felated literally everyone.

I mean being fair, my mom is such a staunch conservative I kinda suspected something was up.

Understand the differences between being ACTUALLY racist - and that of which is just internet culture of yelling obscenities.

I am what I would call very, VERY conservative. This however, is a good thing. You don't own this server. You pay to use it, through your game license, online access (ie: XBL), or both. Pretty sure also you agree to some modicum of minimally acceptable behavior when you create an account. You wouldn't walk around a theme park screaming obscenities, what the hell makes people think it's ok on a public server??

I am what I would call very, VERY conservative. This however, is a good thing. You don't own this server. You pay to use it, through your game license, online access (ie: XBL), or both. Pretty sure also you agree to some modicum of minimally acceptable behavior when you create an account. You wouldn't walk around a theme park screaming obscenities, what the hell makes people think it's ok on a public server??

You are correct and this is the crux of the matter right here. Too many armchair lawyers in the world, here included, that don't really understand the law nearly as well as they think they do.

Freedom of speech does not mean you have the right to go to your nearest McDonalds and start screaming out F-bombs and N-bombs. McDonald's is private property which means they own it. You are allowed to enter and do business (buy food at eat) as long as you follow their basic rules. If you violate their rules they have every right to call the police and have you forcibly removed.

Now online games are created, owned, and hosted by a company. This is their property, their system, their servers. They have rules and if you refuse to obey they can eject you. First Amendment rights do not apply here. That's all there is to it.

What does the First Amendment freedom of speech apply to? It protects you from the government restricting your speech. It says nothing about guaranteeing your right to be an ass on a privately owned piece of property, building, or game server without consequences.

Everyone should go read (and reread) the Constitution and Bill of Rights. They're not THAT long and it can go a long way towards helping you understand these things.

I would say we need an app or website to provide a list of racial and homophobic slurs to know whether or not something we may say is a racial or homophobic slur, but it'd just get band for containing racial or homophobic slurs.

This is the most faggoty comment I've read in a while. Go sit on a sword and spin, petty tyrant.
I would say welcome to the forums noob but I got a feeling that comment is gonna get ya a bleacher seat for a while.

Why did they wait until now?

I suppose at least now players can shoot each other in the face and teabag in blissfull harmony. :confused:

I remember playing "Zork" on a Commador 64. In that game if you typed any profanity, it would give you a warning and eventually boot you from the game.

As to Rainbow 6, you'd think that 30 years after the Commadore 64, you could set a personal profanity filter for what you can't handle hearing, in real time...
No banning required, just give the thin skinned types a filter.
But that would just be too easy.

Reactions: PeaKr
like this
Their servers their rules.

They don't cherish free speech, so my money, fuck you.

Wouldn't buy the game anyway, since they seem to be more worried about letters arranged in ways they don't like than the game being on paid cheat supported game lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back