Raijintek Metis ITX [Build Log]

Hello ummmz,

Greetings from ChiTown!

Can you post pics of how the flipped real panel and mobo look?
You're pics aren't showing up.

Thanks!

If you want to see them now you can right click the squares and copy the link

Aye, it's an old mining card.

And by mining, I mean a friend wanted to get into MAXcoins for some reason, it ran at 75% load for about a day, before he was like "ok, this was a stupid idea, do you want this card?"

So i'm building a SFF around it, haha.

I just pre-ordered the Silverstone new hotness, SX500-LG, excited about that.

Still unsure of storage...

And I may still take the USB 3.0 ports out, because they are squished into the side of the fan shroud on the DD.

I see the DD is pretty much the absolute limit in terms of cards you could fit in this case.
Do you know what the actual length of the card is? The XFX site puts the dimensions at 23.6 x 11.12 x 3.81 (cm) but that can't be right. I thought it would be more like 27.5 cm?

Also, have you received your SX500-LG yet?

I'm asking because I'm looking at building in a Metis, using an SX500-LG and a MSI GTX970 Gaming, which is 26.9cm. Are the USB headers causing a big issue? Looks to be forcing the card down a little. Also, how is the head build up at the top of the case, given there isn't much ventilation for the card to get fresh air/expel hot air?

Cheers.

Edit:

I found this French thread. Shows a build with an SFX-L. Looks like it would be a bit too tight a squeeze with a full length GPU.
d4373e9762e105e9cf12a5074b0b6df7a820bb64.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking to build an itx system in a metis windowed case but I am afraid of heat problems. The build would be:
metis windowed
gigabyte f2a88xn-wifi
amd x4 860k
cooler master seidon 120v ver2 with fan set on intake
8gb kingston hyper x ddr3-1600 (already owned)
msi r9 270x gaming 2g itx (already owned)
corsair cx500m
128gb ssd (already owned)
256gb ssd (already owned)
I am a bit worried about the heat dissipation of the gpu as it has very little space to get away and I am reading 75 to 80 °C on 750ti cards here in the forum.
The questions I have are, wil it run without modding the case and throtteling due to overheating or if I have to mod it, what would be the easyest way? I have seen "http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Nano-Gaming-PC.html" and tought this would be the most effective and cheap way to keep the gpu cool if needed.
All help and advice is welcome :D

Hey guys im looking at the metis to buy this week, great thread, like all the comments and the customization!

I built a little silver bullet using this case. parts are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card
Case: RAIJINTEK Metis (Silver) Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Silverstone 500W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan

I am still setting my rig up. adding software and just settling in. haven’t built a rig in about 10 years. I built a gaming rig for my son for his birthday because he wanted to play minecraft with mods. after having gone through all the research and buying of his rig, i enjoyed it so much that i really wanted to do one for me. I saw Linus on NCIX review this case with a Gigabyte 970itx card and i was in. Bought this case in silver for $35 and decided i would pretty much build what Linus did. I used a different Mobo and bought the better PSU but everything is pretty much what i saw in the video. double checked for compatibility on pcpartspicker and i was off to the races.

At first i had my case fan and cpu fan to intake and go through the psu, but the psu fan isn’t really on venting heat unless under load. without the psu venting heat, heat will mostly rise. the temps were good. very low 30c, 68-72C under load.

I thought about dust build up and decided to switch the fans to exhaust. the only times the psu and exhaust fans would compete for air would be under load. As far as i can tell not just from the temps i’ve seen on my build but others as well, is the gpu is pretty much it’s own separate thing when it comes to cooling. the temps are going to be pretty much the same.

My temps are still in the low 30c and 68-72c under load. the 3dmark firestrike score is 9067 and the pcmark 8 score is 5214.

I’ll keep you updated as i get a chance to play around with it some more.

Wednesday, April 1

Adding pictures of my build

Last edited:
I have built a golden/ruby metis using these parts,
mobo asrock h81m-itx
cpu g3258 (not yet oc'd)
ram 8gb Geil ddr3 1333 black dragon ram (not yet oc'd)
gpu msi r9 270x itx
psu cooler master g450m semi modular
cpu cooler phanteks with 120mm bitfenix pwm red led fan
case metis gold windowed with 120mm bitfenix pwm red led fan
ssd 120gb team group ultra
hd (not yet in the build due to lack of space ) 1tb wd blue

Due to the large volume of the cpu cooler i couldn't place the ssd or hd on the bottom so i sticky taped the ssd to the psu. This was not my first pc build but the most difficult one due to the small space and the fact that the mobo cutout did not sit good with my mobo cpu placement so i had to install the mobo with cooler and fan installed and psu 4pin already plugged in. Then came the pain of screwing in the four mobo screws, thank god for magnetic screwdrivers :).

I still have to do a temperature check to see how the gpu holds up under stress but after about 15mins of planetside2 at high settings hwinfo and msi afterburner show 40°C with fans on full speed. It's loud but cool enough.

I have yet to OC the g3258 but it sat at 32°C max during planetside so I should have room to OC it and due to using it in an atx build already i hope i can ahieve 4.2ghz at 1.2v as it was before but different mobo may give different results.

for closeups of the parst and build https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9Pmff9

Last edited:
I have struggled with my Metis. I ended up with the rear fan as an intake and a 212 EVO to get CPU temps under control, but the more air I pushed through the CPU cooler, the less cooling the motherboard got, which made the fan spin too fast and loud. I was getting better mobo temps with a TX3 EVO, but worse CPU temps, and the 92mm fan was also loud under load. GPU temps did not seem to change at all no matter what I did.

So I reluctantly moved out of the Metis into a Thermaltake Core V1, which has massive airflow, but bigger and uglier than I wanted to have, and that 200mm intake fan is not very quiet either.

Then it occurred to me: the design intent of the Metis seems to be to have the rear exhaust fan (and the PSU fan) pull air in through the holes in the panel behind the motherboard. But there just are not enough holes to do an adequate job, so what if there were more holes? Or one big hole?

So my question is: has anyone removed the window and used that panel behind the mobo for air intake? It would just need some filter over it to keep dust out, and there should be room for tons of air movement right behind the mobo and into the GPU area. I might have to move back into the Metis just to try this out ...

I am not having any temp issues at all. and i have some decently beefy hardware in this case.

i had the case fan as an intake at first but realized that the psu fan doesn't turn on most of the time. the temps are pretty much the same on the gpu no matter which way the case fan is pointing. i decided to use the fan as originally designed and put it back as an exhaust fan (i also reversed the cpu fan to do the same. the psu fan when on is exhausting in the opposite direction, but it hasn't been an issue for me. the cpu has been at 69-74 degrees under load and the gpu has never crossed over 80 degrees. i live in nyc and there is just so much noise as it is, but this case has never been noticeably noisy.

I have two metis builds with different motherboard orientations.

The first is a silver build which has an Asus H81 motherboard, 8GB Corsair LP DDR3, Intel i5-4570, a non modular Corsair CX500 PSU, a Sapphire Dual-X OC HD7790 and a coolermaster hyper 212+, 1 Sandisk SSD, a full sized (3.5") WD Blue HDD.

The rear fan is the OEM Raijintek fan that came with the case. It is oriented to intake air from the back of the chassis. The second "fan" right after the raijintek fan is actually a dummy fan serving only as a funnel for incoming air. (If you look at the picture closely, it is the fan housing with the airflow arrows clearly showing). This fan has been hollowed out - meaning all blades and support have been removed leaving a cleaner air path going to the heatsink. The 3rd fan is the OEM coolermaster pwm unit that came with the hyper 212+ and is setup to pull air through the fans of the cooler. Exhaust is completely handled by the PSU. CPU and motherboard temperatures are fairly manageable with CPU temps rarely exceeding 45 at full load. The GPU reaches 70-73 after about 2-3 hours of gaming. The lack of airflow going to the GPU fans makes the video card cooler work extra. Noise? My custom created fan profiles have the two fans running at below 650 rpm. Gaming profile raises both to slightly over 1000 rpm. Noise remains fairly low. The GPU fans are the noisiest specially when under full use, however, they are tolerable so as not to need headphones despite sitting 2 feet in front of my face (the entire case sits on a shelf directly above my primary monitor.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000184_zpsyqou8u9g.jpg

The second metis is a black build with the motherboard tray turned upside down. This means that the window is now on the left side instead of the usual right side. This build has an Asus H97 board, 8GB Avexir DDR3, Intel E3-1231V3 Xeon Processor, a non-modular Corsair TX650v2 power supply, an Asus GTX 670 mini and a Thermaltake Water 2 cooler. Storage is handled by a Crucial SSD and a WD Black 2.5" HDD. The case has not been modified in any way. It was just completely disassembled, then reassembled in the reverse orientation. The Thermaltake Water 2 AIO cooler is also unmodified except for the two fans. The rear fan is again oriented as intake pulling air from the rear grill and blowing into the radiator. A silverstone AP replaces the first OEM thermaltake fan while a fan that came with a Coolermaster Hyper EVo is used to replace the second fan (in pull config). This setup produces relatively better temperatures than the silver build and relatively quieter as well. The power supply handles exhaust functions.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3110_zpsov2mim8v.jpg

In the picture above, the video card has been removed to show location of the two 2.5" drives.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3102_zpss4gqj6t2.jpg

An optional M.2 SSD slot is located beside the CPU cooler support bracket. The motherboard tray has been slightly modded to allow access to the M.2 without removing the motherbboard

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3095_zpstbkhn5ew.jpg

Despite the non-modular PSU, there is still a lot of space for bundling and hiding the wires without interfering with airflow.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000183_zps5ta0vgnd.jpg

Comparison of rear I/O location and orientation

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000173_zpsxfwiyabo.jpg

side by side

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/IMG_3440_zpshmmjgxrx.jpg

An Asus GTX 670 mini is used for graphics since the E3 processor does not have integrated video.

Last edited:
I am not having any temp issues at all. and i have some decently beefy hardware in this case.

i had the case fan as an intake at first but realized that the psu fan doesn't turn on most of the time. the temps are pretty much the same on the gpu no matter which way the case fan is pointing. i decided to use the fan as originally designed and put it back as an exhaust fan (i also reversed the cpu fan to do the same. the psu fan when on is exhausting in the opposite direction, but it hasn't been an issue for me. the cpu has been at 69-74 degrees under load and the gpu has never crossed over 80 degrees. i live in nyc and there is just so much noise as it is, but this case has never been noticeably noisy.

All the reviews I have seen - and my own experience - say you need to reverse that fan. Here is one that shows a 15C difference on the CPU just from reversing the airflow (no change to the GPU).

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2015/01/14/raijintek-metis-review/3

Maybe 74C is acceptable to you, but my processor maxes out at that temp, so I prefer it cooler. With a 212 EVO I get load temps around 50C. My problem is that the mobo kicks the system fan into high gear when the mobo temp hits 50C, which it was doing. Other than that it was pretty quiet.

I found even that in the Thermaltake Core V1 case I still saw mobo temps into the high 40s, despite the massive airflow in that case. It turned out there was a dead spot in the corner between the video card and IO panel (right where the VRMs are), and I got some air to move in there by switching the cooler fan (TX3 EVO, the 212 won't fit) to pull configuration. This dropped mobo temps by at least 5C and now the system fan never makes much noise. If I could replicate that performance in the Metis I would be happy.

Has anyone tried to fit one of those massive Twin-Tower coolers in Metis? Like Noctua NH-D15; Noctua NH-D14; Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin; Thermaltake Frio Extreme. Any other that is 160mm or less in height?
I mean in setup with only 1 mid cooler.... and case fan and PSU fan doing the rest.
(Twin-Towers that don't surely fit just because of their height already: Reveen Okeanos; CRYORIG R1 Universal; be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; Raijintek Tisis)

I see skarklaw using Noctua NH-D9L above... and there seems to be quite some space in PSU, GPU and bottom direction... not so much towards case fan though :(.

Last edited:
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan

Can you make 1 more picture directly showing the gap between CPU cooler and case fan please (if possible with one ruler there showing gap width)? :)

My Asus 970 mini seems to have nowhere to exhaust heat. I can touch the top of the case where the vidcard is and it's getting extremely warm.

Based on the fan video on the product page: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DCMOC4GD5/ it looks like the fan just expels heat outward around the card?

Would making some holes and sticking a fan there help exhaust some of the heat out the top of the case? Edit: I have the cheaper black version from newegg with no exhaust holes at the top. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353044

Was able to dremel some holes at the top of the case for exhaust. Even with this the Asus 970 mini stays at 80c in any game with the exhaust fan at full rpm . The 970 Strix I had barely got above 55c - either the strix has some insanely great cooling or the 970 mini runs very hot. Sort of disappointing as I really like the case quite a bi (and there are no issues with CPU cooling).

I have two metis builds with different motherboard orientations.

The first is a silver build which has an Asus H81 motherboard, 8GB Corsair LP DDR3, Intel i5-4570, a non modular Corsair CX500 PSU, a Sapphire Dual-X OC HD7790 and a coolermaster hyper 212+, 1 Sandisk SSD, a full sized (3.5") WD Blue HDD.

The rear fan is the OEM Raijintek fan that came with the case. It is oriented to intake air from the back of the chassis. The second "fan" right after the raijintek fan is actually a dummy fan serving only as a funnel for incoming air. (If you look at the picture closely, it is the fan housing with the airflow arrows clearly showing). This fan has been hollowed out - meaning all blades and support have been removed leaving a cleaner air path going to the heatsink. The 3rd fan is the OEM coolermaster pwm unit that came with the hyper 212+ and is setup to pull air through the fans of the cooler. Exhaust is completely handled by the PSU. CPU and motherboard temperatures are fairly manageable with CPU temps rarely exceeding 45 at full load. The GPU reaches 70-73 after about 2-3 hours of gaming. The lack of airflow going to the GPU fans makes the video card cooler work extra. Noise? My custom created fan profiles have the two fans running at below 650 rpm. Gaming profile raises both to slightly over 1000 rpm. Noise remains fairly low. The GPU fans are the noisiest specially when under full use, however, they are tolerable so as not to need headphones despite sitting 2 feet in front of my face (the entire case sits on a shelf directly above my primary monitor.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000184_zpsyqou8u9g.jpg

The second metis is a black build with the motherboard tray turned upside down. This means that the window is now on the left side instead of the usual right side. This build has an Asus H97 board, 8GB Avexir DDR3, Intel E3-1231V3 Xeon Processor, a non-modular Corsair TX650v2 power supply, an Asus GTX 670 mini and a Thermaltake Water 2 cooler. Storage is handled by a Crucial SSD and a WD Black 2.5" HDD. The case has not been modified in any way. It was just completely disassembled, then reassembled in the reverse orientation. The Thermaltake Water 2 AIO cooler is also unmodified except for the two fans. The rear fan is again oriented as intake pulling air from the rear grill and blowing into the radiator. A silverstone AP replaces the first OEM thermaltake fan while a fan that came with a Coolermaster Hyper EVo is used to replace the second fan (in pull config). This setup produces relatively better temperatures than the silver build and relatively quieter as well. The power supply handles exhaust functions.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3110_zpsov2mim8v.jpg

In the picture above, the video card has been removed to show location of the two 2.5" drives.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3102_zpss4gqj6t2.jpg

An optional M.2 SSD slot is located beside the CPU cooler support bracket. The motherboard tray has been slightly modded to allow access to the M.2 without removing the motherbboard

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/DSCN3095_zpstbkhn5ew.jpg

Despite the non-modular PSU, there is still a lot of space for bundling and hiding the wires without interfering with airflow.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000183_zps5ta0vgnd.jpg

Comparison of rear I/O location and orientation

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/000173_zpsxfwiyabo.jpg

side by side

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a530/Bojie_Abello/Twin Haswells/IMG_3440_zpshmmjgxrx.jpg

An Asus GTX 670 mini is used for graphics since the E3 processor does not have integrated video.

ben07,

On your black build with the motherboard tray turned upside down, can you explain how you attached the front of the motherboard tray to the inside of the front panel, since there are no screw holes on the inside left of the front panel to connect the motherboard tray once it's flipped. I have the DIY PC black version of this case, but I'd assume it's the same with the Raijintek.

ben07,

On your black build with the motherboard tray turned upside down, can you explain how you attached the front of the motherboard tray to the inside of the front panel, since there are no screw holes on the inside left of the front panel to connect the motherboard tray once it's flipped. I have the DIY PC black version of this case, but I'd assume it's the same with the Raijintek.

Yeah I would like to know that also... as there doesn't seem to be any holes on the other side of the front panel ... just one screw in the middle:
http://benchmarkreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Metis-Classic-Front-Panel-Removed.jpg (pic from case review)

I found even that in the Thermaltake Core V1 case I still saw mobo temps into the high 40s, despite the massive airflow in that case. It turned out there was a dead spot in the corner between the video card and IO panel (right where the VRMs are), and I got some air to move in there by switching the cooler fan (TX3 EVO, the 212 won't fit) to pull configuration. This dropped mobo temps by at least 5C and now the system fan never makes much noise. If I could replicate that performance in the Metis I would be happy.

Things turned out not be quite so rosy in the Core V1. I was still managing to hit 50C mobo temp on occasion, sending the case fan into overdrive. And since mobo cooling was relying on air movement driven by the CPU fan, mobo temps actually rose initially when the load dropped, because the CPU fan slowed and less air was moving.

So I bit the bullet and moved back into the Metis. I have the window removed and that panel on the back of the motherboard (the huge hole is covered with a mesh filter), with the perforated panel on the "front" side, with the holes at the PSU end. The case fan is an exhaust, and I have a 212 EVO in pull configuration exhausting straight into the case fan.

This has been fairly successful. I am seeing CPU temps a little higher than when I had the case fan as intake and the 212 EVO in push, but that does not really surprise me as it is not getting cold air directly anymore. GPU temp does not seem better, maybe even a few degrees worse, which puzzles me, since part of the "window" exposes that GPU area and I assumed cold air would be drawn in. Possibly air expelled from the GPU fan is messing things up there. Still, none of the temps I am seeing are bad.

Mobo temps are mostly pretty good too, and a lot more responsive to removal of load, dropping almost immediately that the load is eliminated. I assume that this is because the back of the mobo is constantly washed with cold air. However, I still am hitting 50C under load on occasion, so that case fan goes nuts. I don't think there is any significant cooling from the CPU fan in my current Metis setup, and I am beginning to face up to the fact that I just might need to get a downdraft cooler to finally beat that fan into submission.

IMG_20150810_215759.jpg

IMG_20150810_215819.jpg

So I bought the Raijintek case to go with my new build but am waiting for it to arrive so I drew these up. I want your guys' opinion on the loop and since I don't have the case to measure yet, I'm not sure if the bottom 120mm radiator will fit without measuring first and I've looked around and it looks like no one has tried this yet. :confused:

Part list:

CPU: i5-4690K
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB and Western Digital Black 500GB 2.5"
PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W Fully-Modular SFX

Main Loop Parts:

CPU: EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
GPU: EK-FC970 GTX ACX - Nickel
2 Rads: EK-CoolStream SE 120 (Slim Single)
Pump: EK-XRES DCP 4.0 PWM (incl. pump)

I wouldn't recommend Metis anyone(unless you plan to mod the case) because thermal on this case is terrible. GPU will get hot(and loud) very easily due to lack of air intake, and the fact that GPU is mounted at the top of the case makes it even worse since hot air will just rise to the top.

I used the case for ~2 weeks but hated it because GPU(and the whole case) got very hot and loud every time I ran any games. It was very disappointing because I even upgraded Asus GTX670 Mini(170W) to Gigabyte GTX960 ITX(120W) before I bought this case so that the GPU would run cooler/quieter.

Another major issue with this case is that there is bit of metal sticking out at the back of the case right below the expansion slot(same with OP's case) and it would block the HDMI port. So I wasn't able to use the HDMI port at all, and had to buy Displayport to HDMI port cable. :(
http://i.imgur.com/Id5sHmW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G4t65c7.jpg
(p.s. it seems like old revision of this case doesn't have the metal sticking out at the back of the case)

Another major issue with this case is that there is bit of metal sticking out at the back of the case right below the expansion slot(same with OP's case) and it would block the HDMI port. So I wasn't able to use the HDMI port at all, and had to buy Displayport to HDMI port cable. :(
http://i.imgur.com/Id5sHmW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G4t65c7.jpg
(p.s. it seems like old revision of this case doesn't have the metal sticking out at the back of the case)

Seems like a good use for a dremel! :) I just received all of my water cooling parts, so I will start posting some more pics of the build here. I went with the Alphacool ST30 which is a slim 30mm single 120mm fan radiator and the Rosewill 1.5cm ultra slim fan. I started with the Raijintek Titan all-in-one cooler. I have disassembled the all-in-one to just use the cpu block which has the reservoir and pump in one.

ST30_zpsitgd3t0l.jpg

So I've decided to go with the Metis. A green one.

The thing is I've had 7 years of continious work to make my computers small, quiet and " middle weight" gaming capable.
The metis is a step smaller and hopefully a step more quiet.

I will use my:
Palit 750ti passive GPU.
Seasonic 520w passive PSU
That's already in my rig and I know it will be a really tight fit but I'll make it work.

My big question is cooling.
The old cooler is a small one and I don't think it will deliver in the Metis.

So I'm gonna go with full tower cooler. Let it blow with one fan into the PSU and out . The case fan will be an intake fan.

I'm thinking about the Scythe ninja 3 as it's fins a pretty spaced out and hence will not stop the airflow into the case. But I just can't find any pictures of metis with large coolers.
Anyone can who help me with the large cooler thought?

the passive psus aren't meant to be mounted in that position, they are supposed to vent heat out the top so i would advise against using it for this case

the passive psus aren't meant to be mounted in that position, they are supposed to vent heat out the top so i would advise against using it for this case

Generally this. However if you only run a 750ti on it, it should be able to deliver those 200W system power max. in any position or airflow situation

I've got the PSU 3 months ago when my 8 year old corsair gave up. Will keep it.
The 750ti is just 65W and will buy a T skylake so that's just 35W. 2 SSDs and 2 fans will surely don't produce that much heat.

In my Lian Li pc-q08 the GPU maxes at 70 C.

So my goal with the tower cooler is to make sure the fans spins as slowly as possible.

Lovely case!

I love how the guy with the red case drilled all those holes! Bet that was fiddly and time consuming If i get one of these cases i will more than likely do the same or make a 120mm fan hole in the roof like Chillblast did but with a 120mm instead of the smaller fan they used.

SFX PSU looks like the best way forward?

Its very obvious that the case needs better ventilation though. Holes in the top look one of the best ways. Just a matter of doing it right though!

Are tower coolers the best option for the CPU in this case or would a good low profile heatsink and fan be better?

I like this case! Have you run into any cooling problems with it on air in that tight space?

I noticed that the USB 3 cable comes with a USB 2 connector attached to it. Why? Does that 'have' to be connected too?

I noticed that the USB 3 cable comes with a USB 2 connector attached to it. Why? Does that 'have' to be connected too?

Pretty sure that's just a fallback in order your board doesn't have USB3. Then you can just plug in the USB2 connector into the board and the USB ports at the front will function as USB2.

Pretty sure that's just a fallback in order your board doesn't have USB3. Then you can just plug in the USB2 connector into the board and the USB ports at the front will function as USB2.

Of course! Cheers for that.

Just built in a Metis and I cannot connect my second monitor because of a little tab on the expansion slot bracket.

Anyone has any suggestions on what to do now? I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Just built in a Metis and I cannot connect my second monitor because of a little tab on the expansion slot bracket.

Anyone has any suggestions on what to do now? I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Can you slice it off?

Back