Raiden 3 on PC. Great fun but problem

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
Just had my import copy of Raiden 3 delivered earlier on. Fantastic fun. Looks absolutely fantastic on my 2405

(sorry for the blurry pic, but i was playing when i took it. Should have paused :D)
THAT is how you play shooters. Massive. First time i've actually used my screen like that too. Wish i had more shootemups. Its a shame the gfx are low res. We're talking 640x480 here and since its a PS2 port you get low res textures. Also cant get AA or AF working at all with it. But you dont notice when the games moving anyway. Stuffs flying round all over the place. Its bloody hard too. Mind you that could be because i'm a bit cack at shooters even though i love em to bits. As i've got older my reactions have deteriorated something shocking.
Or maybe i'm just too used to FPS now.

Fantastic game. Love it. Trouble is. I can only run the game if the pc is freshly booted. If i run anything else before the game it wont load. Just crashes. Once windows has loaded i can run the game fine. But if i close the game. Do something else. Then come back to the game, it wont run and i have to treboot. First time i have ever had this problem with a japanese PC game. All my others run fine.

Anyone else with this game have the same problem?

Oh and i thoroughly recommend this game to fans.

heres where i got it from incase you are wanting it http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-15-raiden-70-17t3.html

and a link to the official site
http://raiden.mossjp.co.jp/

that looks awesome!

hmmm, might have to see if there are 'alternative' means of getting this game :)

did u have to do anything special with your video card settings/drivers for the portrait mode?

So other people besides my dad actually *glue* figurines to their monitors :eek:

Sly said:
So other people besides my dad actually *glue* figurines to their monitors :eek:

Nah. That'd be blu-tac right there. Just used a big blob.

pookguy88 said:
that looks awesome!

hmmm, might have to see if there are 'alternative' means of getting this game :)

did u have to do anything special with your video card settings/drivers for the portrait mode?

Nah, the game natively supports it. It had an option to run it like that. Was just a case of twisting the screen round

where is this option?
the only option i have is to make the screen 2x or 3x bigger or something, no full screen mode or anything

edit: also, how do i speed this game up? it runs pretty laggy for me, maybe because its windowed?

edit2: ok, i got it all working. there's an option in the japanese configuration program that lets you choose full screen and then from there in the options menu you can have the rotated mode. this game is friggen sweet!

pookguy88 said:
where is this option?
the only option i have is to make the screen 2x or 3x bigger or something, no full screen mode or anything

edit: also, how do i speed this game up? it runs pretty laggy for me, maybe because its windowed?

edit2: ok, i got it all working. there's an option in the japanese configuration program that lets you choose full screen and then from there in the options menu you can have the rotated mode. this game is friggen sweet!

Yeah thats the way. For anyone else who wants to know.

You have to set fullscreen mode in the setup window (the shortcut with the controller), When it comes up the first thing you see is the display mode tab. the top one is Window Mode. The bottom one is Fullscreen Mode. The other tab is key mapping. on the pull down list the first 2 options are for P1 and P2 Keyboard mapping, The bottom 2 are for Joystick mapping.

When you are finished click the middle button to save changes, or the left button to set defaults, or the right button to cancel.

You then select the screen rotation when you load up the game.

pookguy88 said:
you must be some kind of Asian, only an Asian would have all those figurines

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. lol

You sound like a Pokemon fan with your [H] name. :D

Different strokes for different folks. It's all good.

pookguy88 said:
you must be some kind of Asian, only an Asian would have all those figurines

Nothing wrong with a few figurines dotted about the place. So long as you dont get carried away. :eek:

But sometimes you just gotta have it.

I'm interested in getting R3, but if it's japanese will it work on my XP?
does it matter? is software region encoded like movies??

and I got lots of figurines too, aint nothing wrong with that!
:D
mostly from games and anime stuff.

anywho, tell me if I can load this up on my computer, before I drop 70 bucks!!!
:)

My GOD! I LOVE RAIDEN 2 SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
I got to get this when I get more $$$$$

Wow...I haven't played Raiden since part one when arcades were still the rage :)

I would buy this...BUT.....70 bucks.....um...no.

pilotace001 said:
Skirrow said:

snap!... love that robotech collection you got going

(I just got the videos)

Macross :p

hehe, looks a bit like my office, but I have a lot more Battletech stuff. I'd like more Valkyries, but they're about $80 a pop... ><

i just got this game today and beat it, its almost an exact replica of the first one, the weapons/missile system is the same, the levels and bosses are the same, even the units have the same attack, the point system is slightly different, the ultra weapon is way better too, you pretty much get the scatter bomb the entire time instead of the big bomb

big points for hte game, they slowed the aircraft down a bit so you aren't a little dot on crack the entire time, makes it much harder to dodge (have to think more) the attacks don't hit you if it comes close its actually got to hit you instead of the way they did it in the 2d games (suprised the shit out of me, thought i was invisible at first) not everything attacks at the same time, so you can't run up to one and kill it in a split second - you have a good chance of dieing

negs for it is pretty much lack of design, theres some new stuff thrown at you, but nothing to say its a different game from the first, as i said the enemies and weapons are exactly the same except for your ultra weapon, the power ups are waaaaaaaaaaaay too freakin random running for one is almost a suicide mission

i had fun, i was really sad to see it was a remake of the first one, i was looking forward to some new weapons and enemies, oh well, time to sell it to my next door neighbor :D

Back