Raid-Controller or HBA Card with Intel S1200KP M-ITX Mainboard

ghandalf

n00b
Hi,

I'm looking forward to buy a new ITX-Server MB and the Intel S1200KP Mainboard is the only one I can find.

Do someone know if it's possible to use a Raid-Controller or HBA-Card in the PCIe x16 Gen2 Slot of the MB?

Perhaps someone have such a combination?

I have an Intel SASUC8I which I want to use in this Mainboard.

Ghandalf

Hi,

has really nobody experience with this mainboard with a raid- or hba-controller installed?

I would not expect to get too many hits on this one. There are hundreds of different motherboards out there and this is a single slot small form factor board for a brand new socket..

Well, I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has any experience with a hba controller working on this motherboard. I like the M-ITX form factor for a NAS build that I'm considering. It'll be great if someone has any experience with a similar configuration and send us the details.

I would not expect to get too many hits on this one. There are hundreds of different motherboards out there and this is a single slot small form factor board for a brand new socket..

Hi,

this mainboard is unique on the market, but the socket is old! The 1155 socket is not new!

This board with a hba would be perfect for a small very powerfull nas!

Hi,

this mainboard is unique on the market, but the socket is old! The 1155 socket is not new!

This board with a hba would be perfect for a small very powerfull nas!

I thought that was lga2011. I must have gone to the wrong page when I looked it up. Sorry for the noise..

Edit: It looks like Amazon has some bad info in their description..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GAJHUS/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back