RAID card for Dell T20 Mini-Tower (and other machines too)

Spartacus

2[H]4U
A lot of you bought those Dell T20 Mini-Towers but they can't do RAID.
This card will give you RAID, 0/1/10 capability.

I bought this Syba/IOCrest model SI-PEX40057 RAID controller to play
around with on one of my machines. It works well but it's not any better
or worse than the RAID controller I have for RAID-1.

Note that it doesn't have any onboard cache memory so you will not see
any crazy high benchmarks like the $200-$300 RAID cards. The speed
is fine in use though, file copies move right along. I was trying it for RAID-1
which gives you the same speed as the drive itself but you get the second
drive mirror. RAID 0/10 will be much faster. Would be awesome to use
this card with SSD drives.

It supports XP/Vista/Win 7 & 8/2008 and I also ran it on a 2012 server
with the 2008 drivers. Also supports Linux 2.6.x and above.

It's basically still a brand new card, $35 shipped.

Here's the info on it:

The SYBA SI-PEX40057 RAID card gives you an easy way to add additional four internal SATA III ports to your computer, through a single PCI Express slot. The SATA III ports offer a blazing-fast speed of 6Gbps, while remaining backward compatible with the SATA I and SATA II specifications. It provides full RAID functionalities, and supports Port Multiplier FIS Based or Command Based switching, ensuring maximum performance.

Additionally, this card is bootable, and features hot plug and hot swap functions. The included low-profile bracket makes installation in compact cases a breeze.
general information

Four SATA III ports

The SYBA SI-PEX40057 RAID card adds up to four internal SATA III ports to your computer system, allowing you to easily connect four additional HDD/SSD drives.

High Speed

The SATA III ports deliver a blistering fast data transfer speed of up to 6Gbps, letting you transfer monstrous amounts of data in seconds. They are also backward compatible with SATA I (1.5Gbps) and II (3Gbps) standards.
general information

Excellent RAID Function

The SYBA SI-PEX40057 RAID card boasts a rich set of RAID functionalities, including:

RAID 0-Striping (Stripe Size: 32K, 64K)
RAID 1-Disk Mirroring
RAID 10-Stripe of Mirrors (Stripe Size: 32K, 64K)
HyperDuo Safe (Mirrored Protection) or Capacity-Cost (Optimized)

general information

Port Multiplier Support

Thanks to the built-in support for SATA Port Multipliers with FIS-based switching or Command Based switching, this card can allows you to easily connect more HHDs/SSDs at once.

Note: *This card does not support more than four Drives for Linux and Mac OS. Even if used with a port multiplier, max drives accepted is four drives.
general information

Native Command Queue (NCQ) Support

This card supports Native Command Queue (NCQ), allowing hard disk drives to internally optimize the order in which received read and write commands are executed. This can reduce the amount of unnecessary drive head movement, resulting in increased performance.
general information

Hot- Swapability

This card supports hot plug and hot swap functions. Simply plug it into your computer system, and it’s ready to work.
general information

Great Compatibility

The SYBA SI-PEX40057 RAID card is compliant with PCI-Express specification V2.0. The PCI-Express x2 interface is compatible with PCI-Express x4, x8, and x16 slots.
general information

Low Profile Ready

With the included low-profile bracket, this card can be effortlessly installed into desktop computers of various sizes.

Back